dfosterf
15 years ago
Sal Pal, of Throw Brett under the Bus fame...as in "most over-rated quarterback ever" (how's that thesis workin' for ya' Sal? is reporting that Donovan McNabb is probably riding the pine for the rest of the year.

Unlike his nasty treatment of Brett... Sal, being the homer that he is, advocates this move to prevent the booing that will occur in the Linc come Thanksgiving. You see HE is not a fair-weather fan, like all the rest of these Eagle fans. (To those that don't know, Sal comes to your national conciousness via the local Philadelphia media, along with the Governor of Pennsylvania, the former Mayor of Philly--they still do a show here locally--yes--the Governor)

Reid is having a press conference at noon. I'm bettin' it is to announce a quarterback change. IMO he might as well announce the trade of Donovan to either the Vikes, Lions or Bears, along with his own resignation. Yesterday in the live chat I mentioned the QB change that occurred in that game. Most thought it was a mop-up thing in a bad loss. It was not... It happened right after the half.

Before you dismiss Donovan McNabb as a has-been, be warned he still has that cannon for an arm, and I'll bet a chip on his shoulder. This media market and fanbase has absolutely no business in judging NFL talent. IMO Brett Favre wouldn't have lasted one season here...not a reflection of Brett, rather a reflection of these front-runner fans...they switch off jerseys to Steelers jerseys WEEKLY ...dependent upon the fortunes of "their team"

I call this bad news for the Green Bay Packers.
gbpfan
15 years ago
I don't think it a big deal,McNabb is good but we do have a good d-line you can't be afraid of every q,b that comes here for petesakes look at some they have had that we were to worry about,so much for that thinking.I think like McNair to many hits to the chest,is affecting him.
Pack93z
15 years ago
Foster... I didn't get a chance to respond in the other thread, but I disagree with your calling me wrong on this particular subject. :lol:

There is a quality that has been flawed from day one with McNabb.. ever since they booed him upon being drafted. He allows himself to listen to the complaints and tries directly to counter the criticism at all costs.

Runs to much... tried to morph into a pass first QB.

Isn't a leader... pushes his persona onto the team overly, butts heads with the most talented player he ever had on that offense. Granted TO is a butt head... but flaming the situation himself didn't help.

He is soft.. came back too early from his knee injury and basically sped up the slowing down process of his mobility and speed.

But those complaints were just the Philly media being the Philly media.. much like New York, unless you have been crowned like Jeter.. they are just waiting for you to fail so they can roast your nuts on the open flame.

Donovan's real problem, IMO, under all the talk is he has never been confident in himself. Always tries to be someone he is not instead of just being comfortable enough to tune the critics out.

Moving to Minnesota or Chicago isn't going to get the media to stop complaining, it would be toned down but it still will be there. And with that, Donovan would help either franchise, but wouldn't put them over the top.

For all the physical tools that guys has had.. it is his very own weak "backbone" that has worked against him.

He just doesn't have "it", IMO.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
15 years ago

Foster... I didn't get a chance to respond in the other thread, but I disagree with your calling me wrong on this particular subject. :lol:

There is a quality that has been flawed from day one with McNabb.. ever sense they booed him upon being drafted. He allows himself to listen to the complaints and tries directly to counter the criticism at all costs.

Runs to much... tried to morph into a pass first QB.

Isn't a leader... pushes his personna onto the team overly, buts heads with the most talented player he ever had on that offense. Granted TO is a butt head... but flaming the situation himself didn't help.

He is soft.. came back too early from his knee injury and basically sped up the slowing down process of his mobility and speed.

But those complaints were just the Philly media being the Philly media.. much like New York, unless you have been crowned like Jeter.. they are just waiting for you to fail so they can roast your nuts on the open flame.

Donovan's real problem, IMO, under all the talk is he has never been confident in himself. Always tries to be someone he is not instead of just being comfortable enough to tune the critics out.

Moving to Minnesota or Chicago isn't going to get the media to stop complaining, it would be toned down but it still will be there. And with that, Donovan would help either franchise, but wouldn't put them over the top.

For all the physical tools that guys has had.. it is his very own weak "backbone" that has worked against him.

He just doesn't have "it", IMO.

"pack93z" wrote:

:thumbleft:

Excellent rebuttal, as always. Here is where I get myself in HUGE trouble... I better preface this by reminding EVERYONE I am from Wisconsin :icon_smile: . It just seems to me that we are the kind of folk that bring out the best in our opponent...I sometimes ascribe this to a sense in the league that the Packers must simply be kept down...tradition...our cheesiness....I don't know... Sometimes I sense it's because we are a pack of dumb sod-busters that get razzle-dazzled too easily...(See, I told ya I needed to preface :icon_smile: )... My point? Well, I'm more than a little scared about what kind of fit he will be in Minnesota, for example. I am totally OK with being totally wrong. I just wish he didn't suck so bad that we are probably going to find out. The last thing I need next year is for me to be right...I'm continuing to have Daunte Culpepper/Fran Tarkenton nightmares at the mere thought of it.

UPDATE-- ANDY STICKS BY HIM--- not benching him...GOOD.. This is a game the whole NFC North and it's fans should pay close attention to, imo.
Pack93z
15 years ago
Foster... would he be an upgrade for either club.. yep.

But would he be a difference maker for either club?

I am not sold on that... I very well might be wrong, often am, but McNabb just doesn't strike fear into me like he once did... as a young QB not afraid to fail.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
15 years ago

I am not sold on that... I very well might be wrong, often am, but McNabb just doesn't strike fear into me like he once did... as a young QB not afraid to fail.

"pack93z" wrote:

:icon_smile: The Eagles just knocked off the vaunted NY Giants. Skip and company, doing the classic ESPN backstroke, calling the Eagles the "UP and comers, the team that the Giants must fear in the playoffs, etc."

Be glad I'm always right, Pack :wickedfart: I think Donovan just might save his job and stay right where he belongs...WAY THE HELL AWAY from the Vikes and anyone else in the North division.
Pack93z
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

:icon_smile: The Eagles just knocked off the vaunted NY Giants. Skip and company, doing the classic ESPN backstroke, calling the Eagles the "UP and comers, the team that the Giants must fear in the playoffs, etc."

Be glad I'm always right, Pack :wickedfart: I think Donovan just might save his job and stay right where he belongs...WAY THE HELL AWAY from the Vikes and anyone else in the North division.

"pack93z" wrote:

I watched part of that game on commercials.. I have one word.. Westbrook.. McNabb will have moments for sure.. but overall.. if he was my QB, I wouldn't feel overly confident..

I don't think the guy has "it".. the "it" to win it in the clutch.. kinda like Romo to date.. caves in the pressure.

I might not be right, but I wouldn't be crying if McNabb suits up for anyone in the NFCN..

Kinda like a Civilian picking a fight with a service man.. not the brightest move but at 6'4" 310.. I will take my chances.. :lol:
dfosterf
15 years ago
You putting your size up just set up my FAVORITE story. It is NOT about Gary B., who was crazy. I'm going to have to go down to the back alley or somewhere and tell it...Damn, I have chores...my wife would KILL me this time around...This is the best friggin' David and Goliath story ever told, including David and Goliath... No, not me, David... Corporal Gould = Goliath, and Pfc. Rodriguez = David. Gould...your size. Rodriguez, 'bout 150 soaking wet. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is a GOOD story.....

Names not changed because neither one of them were innocent.

Yep...upon further review, this is the story all will be forced to hear.

Chores 1st...kindly stay tuned.
Pack93z
15 years ago
LOL.. I have been I bounce between 275 and about 310.. winter is coming and my body says insulate.. ;)

But I bench more than my weight.. so I feel okay. :lol: