Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beast  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:01:38 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
The red dot shows you the user is online, the white dot means they are offline.

Thanks Smile

Can we switch the red to yellow/gold? ... I don't like the red...
(honestly the color really doesn't matter, as long as we can see it...)

Also the site is awesome ... thanks to all that have made it the great site that it is Cool
Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:23:34 AM(UTC)
I'm still debating on what to do with those online/offline graphics. Recolor them, replace them, remove the feature all together...
Nonstopdrivel  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:50:57 AM(UTC)
I do find the red/white a bit confusing. I always interpret the red as "offline," even though I know what it is supposed to mean.
Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:59:04 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
I do find the red/white a bit confusing. I always interpret the red as "offline," even though I know what it is supposed to mean.

I agree. Completely stupid and/or lack of thorough thinking on their part.
beast  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:44:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
I agree. Completely stupid and/or lack of thorough thinking on their part.

They could of been thinking of recording type thing. When your in a recording studio or radio stations, the red light goes on when in use. Same with some doctor stuff when something is in use a red light on the outside goes on. As well as the old photographic develop stations when they did it by hand.

But as for the colors I just don't like the red, it makes me think negative points or "in the red" as the phase is by losing or what ever. (though I do think the red looks better than the pink of negative thumbs down counter)
wpr  
#46 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:11:52 PM(UTC)
I am not sure why it happens but some time I get 2 notification emails when someone has replied to a thread I am watching. More often I do not get a notification.
Zero2Cool  
#47 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 10:20:29 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I am not sure why it happens but some time I get 2 notification emails when someone has replied to a thread I am watching. More often I do not get a notification.

That's gonna be fixed in the 1.9.5.6 release.
wpr  
#48 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 10:49:29 PM(UTC)
That's gonna be fixed in the 1.9.5.6 release.

cool.
hellentrybuck  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 7:07:48 AM(UTC)
anyway ,the site are quite good,where we can speak out of what we are trying to say. thanks all the guys working for this site.
Pack93z  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:17:14 PM(UTC)
Just wanted to comment that that Packers News tab rocks on this site... less of a need to post all articles. ;)
Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 11:38:02 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to comment that that Packers News tab rocks on this site... less of a need to post all articles. ;)

I agree. It is a nice addition. I've been rethinking the whole full article thing and maybe its time to change the direction of the site to be more "open". Now that I have the source code and skill to do just about whatever I want, ADD has kicked in like a bitch.
gakko  
#52 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 3:22:39 PM(UTC)
great new design zero
nyrpack  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:24:56 PM(UTC)
seems to be working pretty good, if i can figure it out it cant be very difficult for many, not the greatest computer guy here !! good luck with the site as always..
LambeauEast  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:12:35 AM(UTC)
Thank you, Zero...I seem to be logged in. When I saw the example on the home page, I didn't take it literally...my downfall. So thank you again, and now for me to figure out this purty new site.
Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:06:17 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast said: Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, Zero...I seem to be logged in. When I saw the example on the home page, I didn't take it literally...my downfall. So thank you again, and now for me to figure out this purty new site.

[wallme] lol just kidding man :)
LambeauEast  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:46:44 AM(UTC)
LOL, fair enough!
beast  
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:43:31 PM(UTC)
About the "Notification"s ... they're white letters with gray background which is VERY hard to read unless you highlight it.

Also are "Notification"s new? I just got two when I don't think I've got any before...
Zero2Cool  
#58 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 6:09:08 AM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
About the "Notification"s ... they're white letters with gray background which is VERY hard to read unless you highlight it.

Also are "Notification"s new? I just got two when I don't think I've got any before...

That's a javascript thing that I have to find the CSS for and figure out a style. If you're talking about the popup deal that says "Hey numbunts you voted".

Edit, just played around with it and found the CSS. I think it might be a bit better now.
wpr  
#59 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 7:24:23 AM(UTC)
That's a javascript thing that I have to find the CSS for and figure out a style. If you're talking about the popup deal that says "Hey numbunts you voted".

Edit, just played around with it and found the CSS. I think it might be a bit better now.

Isn't that the tv show based out in Vegas? It is on CBS on Th nites. BigGrin
Zero2Cool  
#60 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 7:31:41 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Isn't that the tv show based out in Vegas? It is on CBS on Th nites. BigGrin

hmm?

It's a cascading style sheet. It holds the aesthetic elements of a website in one placeholder. It makes it easier for developers to change the appearance of their website.

Basically, instead of going into each aspx (or php or html) page, and finding the element you need to change, you simply locate the value of the element you want to change in the CSS and change it. It's far easier than going through all of the pages and replicating that process for each element.
Rss Feed