Greg C.
12 years ago

The Buccaneers, very true, they are a threat as well. I'm liking Josh Freeman, seems like a good QB.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was referring to the new acquisitions. I never said any of them were ego guys, but there's no denying they have ego's as do most players in any professional sport. It's how they mesh together under their new defensive coordinator who spent a dozen or so years as an offensive line coach that will play key to their success.

I've already outlined this "theory" of mine in an earlier post and am too lazy to find it in this thread, lol.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Okay. I wasn't really trying to refute what you said anyway. I just said that the fact that they are not ego guys leads me to think that this won't be a big issue.
blank
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Okay. I wasn't really trying to refute what you said anyway. I just said that the fact that they are not ego guys leads me to think that this won't be a big issue.

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

Yeah, I'm not saying they have Moss and Owens type egos and need to get them on the same page or nothing. I just don't think everything will come together the first season as well as some (I feel) are projecting.

I think the biggest problem they will have is getting those players to buy into their new defensive coordinators scheme, even more so because he comes from being an offensive line coach. Then again, Andy Reid was a position coach then head coach and he got his guys to buy into him.

I suppose I just don't feel its as cut an dry as it seems some make it out to be. Such as, oh they got this guy, that guy, SUPER BOWL FAVORITES!!

UserPostedImage
mi_keys
12 years ago

I see the Bucs being a threat in the NFC. They might be better than the Falcons. I've seen a lot of preliminary "rankings" of the top 5 or 10 teams in the NFL, and the number of people who include the Cowboys is ridiculous. They need new CBs in a bad way. I see the Lions potentially being good, maybe better than the Bears.

Top 5 in NFC
Packers
Eagles
Buccaneers
Falcons
Saints

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 

I could be wrong and the Bucs might threaten next year but I doubt they will. They didn't beat a single team with a winning record last year until week 17 when the Saints sat their starters in the 4th quarter of a tight (and meaningless, for them) game. 6 of their wins came against the NFC West and the Carolina Panthers. It's hard for any team to play as poorly as the Panthers did last year and the Bucs won't get the benefit of playing the NFC West again this season. They could improve as a team and finish 8-8 or 9-7 considering their schedule will likely be more difficult this year. I like the direction they're headed but they are still a ways off until they show they can beat the big boys.
Born and bred a cheesehead
dhazer
12 years ago
I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I understand what Zero is saying but he is forgetting that if you have 3 shut down corners that takes alot of pressure off your d-line and lbs to get pressure on the qb. We showed that last year with our corners locking down wrs long enough for us to get sacks. Also its not like the new defensive coordinator won't know whats going on, he sat in the same practices and played against the old defense alot. The main factor for the Eagles will be Vick and as a lot of the experts are saying Vick won't make the full 16 games as history has shown, if he gets seriously injured I think the Eagles will limp into the playoffs on their defense alone.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

You slurping that hype ding ding too huh? You're forgetting they do not have three shut down corners.

UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

DRC is not a shutdown corner, and neither is Samuel. DRC is a solid, but not spectacular player, Samuel is a ballhawk who gives up more plays than he should. Asomugha is their only true shutdown corner.

Also, run the ball. With the Eagles linebackers looking like they do, that shouldn't be too hard.
This is a placeholder
DoddPower
12 years ago
I've already said it, but the Packers are still the team to beat in the NFC, and every analyst on NFL Network agrees with me so far. Sure, that may change due to injuries, etc., but that's always the case. Samuel will likely be traded which will definitely give our secondary the edge, if not even with him. We have the better QB and the better offense (defenses will continue to slow Vick down). Our defenses might be close and could go either way, but I believe ours will be every bit as good or better. Vick and the Eagles will be explosive, but we will be much more consistent, especially in the playoffs when Rodgers turns into a Hall of Fame QB somehow.

I'm not minimizing the significance of their moves. They should definitely win the division and be a force. The Packers are still better, however, and I think that will become apparent by the end of the regular season.

DoddPower
12 years ago

DRC is not a shutdown corner, and neither is Samuel. DRC is a solid, but not spectacular player, Samuel is a ballhawk who gives up more plays than he should. Asomugha is their only true shutdown corner.

Also, run the ball. With the Eagles linebackers looking like they do, that shouldn't be too hard.

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland 

I agree that DRC is not an elite CB. However, someone made a pretty good point that he should be close while covering the #2 WR on MOST teams. Of course with our depth on offense, it won't really matter, but he should be able to give several teams #2 WR a good bit of trouble.
Since69
12 years ago
OH NOES! The Iggles got DRC and Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins and the dude from Oakland with the funny name!

UserPostedImage
Game over, man! Game over!

Two words: Miami. Heat.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I want to be where I’m wanted, If they’re tired of my big playmaking ability, they can ship me out.

Asante Samuel wrote:

I think the Eagles move Asante in the next couple weeks, maybe later if they wait for a team to lose a starting CB so they can get more?

My impression of Samuel is he's a high risk high reward CB.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (44m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (57m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.