The_Claymaker
12 years ago
Come on some of you guys are such haters. First of all I love his swagger and second what he is saying is not that ridiculous. He called out a back up QB, I think that's pretty reasonable.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Come on some of you guys are such haters. First of all I love his swagger and second what he is saying is not that ridiculous. He called out a back up QB, I think that's pretty reasonable.

Originally Posted by: The_Claymaker 

True, I commented only after reading the headline and not taking his comments in context. I'm all for swagger, I just don't like the mentioning of other players or teams too much. I prefer how Aaron Rodgers throws down his swagger. He calls people out, but doesn't use their names directly.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
12 years ago
Finley's comments would be easier to swallow if he did not spend most of last season off the field. Injuries are not his fault directly but you figure he would be thinking about wanting to prove himself for a full season before talking like he has already made the pro bowl. The guy doesn't seem to have much going on upstairs when he makes comments like this.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
bozz_2006
12 years ago
My impression of Finley has always been that he has million dollar talent and a ten cent brain. The guy's dim, plain and simple. He's got the talent to back up his mouth, so hopefully we see him do just that.
UserPostedImage
tromadz
12 years ago
Who the hell is Jermichael Finley? Is he new? I don't remember seeing him.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Who the hell is Jermichael Finley? Is he new? I don't remember seeing him.

Originally Posted by: tromadz 

He's usually on the side line with a crutch.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
12 years ago
Here is a link to the orig. article with more quotes:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/08/10/extra-point-packers-have-no-choice-but-to-re-sign-finley/ 

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley talks a good game, as my latest column points out, but he also backs it up on the field. He has the potential to become one of the best tight ends in the NFL, if not the best.

Can there even be a question that the Packers should attempt to give Finley, who will become an unrestricted free agent following this season, a new contract?

Sure, some wonder if Finley can be content in the Packers offense, where Aaron Rodgers has a boatload of receiving options. But the matchup problems Finley creates simply give offensive mastermind Mike McCarthy even more ammunition, so why would you allow such a valuable weapon to get away?

Some wonder too whether Finley might allow fame and his impending fortune to get the best of him. There’s no way of knowing for sure, but Finley is driven to be the best tight end in football so we can only assume money won’t change him after he signs a big contract.

Finley also has been prone to injuries, which is another concern to consider. But the reward for keeping him far outweighs any injury risk.

Yes, the Packers won a Super Bowl without Finley, who was lost for the season in Week 5 last October. But General Manager Ted Thompson and McCarthy talk all the time about the constant need for improvement. Adding the Finley piece to the Packers’ offense for years to come has the potential to make this team dynamic and cause nightmares for opposing defensive coordinators.

Bottom line, the Packers need to lock up Finley long term, the sooner the better.

Of course, an added benefit to having Finley around is that he’s a media member’s dream. He always seems to have something interesting to say. Here are a some bonus quotes from his session with the media Tuesday in the locker room:

On his injured knee: “That’s nothing right now. It’s all about getting that chemistry of my team right now. The knee is a non-factor. I’m ready to go, ready to play.”

On if there are enough footballs to go around: “As long as we get the W, the ball thing, that’s a non-factor also. We’re going to get our balls. I think the receiving corps is going to be happy at the end.”

On the early struggles of the offense in training camp: “We’re not playing for a Super Bowl tomorrow, the next day or a week from now. We just trying to get in swing of things.”

On all the attention given to the Eagles and the national spotlight not being on the Packers: “I ain’t worrying about that. All I can say is Sept 8, all that talking with the Eagles, Saints, that will come to a halt, I guarantee you.”

On Eagles backup quarterback Vince Young nicknaming the Eagles the Dream Team: “It’s just talk, it’s on paper. VY is a backup. I don’t think he should be doing too much talking but at the same time it’s on paper.”

On if he plans to talk to President Obama during the White House visit: “Hopefully do a lot of it.”

On how hard it was to watch from the sidelines last year: “It was a bittersweet thing. I was (ticked) off mad, all of that. At the same time we won a Super Bowl. You can’t ask for more.”

On his No. 1 goal: “No. 1 goal is to get back there (to the Super Bowl), get a repeat, get that greatness back on the board. Get back on the board, succeed.”

On whether having so many good receivers could be a problem for the Packers: “It’s not a problem, as long as whoever’s getting the ball thrown to them is making plays. We’ve got tons and tons of weapons, we’ve got weapons off the shelf. We’ve got weapons on the shelf. So we got ammunition all over.”

On how many footballs are needed to keep everyone happy: “Whoever (Aaron Rodgers) throws the ball to, whoever gets the ball at that time, if he’s making plays, no reason to complain because as long as we’re getting Ws, everybody is satisfied.”

On if there could be any roadblocks to him re-signing with the Packers: “It’s a business. If they come at me with a long term, of course I’ll take it, but if they don’t I’m still going to play ball to my best.”

On whether he thinks about a new contract: “I don’t think about it daily or nothing like that. That’s just something that Ted’s got to deal with.”

On losing weight in the offseason: “I went into the offseason weighing 255, came out 240 so I’m feeling great. Strength is still there. I’m ready to go.”

On whether he can still block at a lower weight: “Can I still block, for sure. If the coaches put that in front of my face, and I got 50 blocks a game, I guess I’ve got to do it and just be beat up after the game.”

On what drives him: “What drives me, just being the best, man. Every aspect of my life I like to be the best at what I do. And that’s what drives me to wake up and do what I do, is to just be the best.”

On why he couldn’t stop using Twitter: “It was just, I like to give back to the fans. Tweeting is not a big deal, it ain’t like I’m tweeting out there while I’m running routes or whatnot. I’m tweeting while I’m just sitting down or my wife is driving. It’s just something to give back to my fans and keep ’em on point with what I’m doing.”

On whether he dwells on last year’s injury: “I haven’t even watched the play, and it’s something I don’t think about. That’s the past and I’m moving forward.”

On his physical condition: “This is the best shape I ever came in since I been in the league. I came in healthy, a little slimmer, faster and stronger. I can’t ask for more.”

On which NFL players he watches on film: “I pull up Gates, and Gonzalez of course. Wayne on outside. Wayne, the reason I put him up on the outside is because he’s got the best press coverage. He can beat the press coverage any way you want.”

On the Packers offense: “I think we got the deadliest offense in the league. We don’t get that much pub or whatnot, but at the same time we’re on paper right now. (We) still got to go on the field and do work.”

On how many receptions he would like to get this season: “If A-Rod throws me the ball, I’ll catch it. You see that yourself. If he throws me the ball 80 times I’m (going) to have 80 receptions. At the same time I can’t predict the future.”

On his relationship with Aaron Rodgers: “I just stay in his ear period, just to keep learning and keep progressing in my game. Aaron is a great quarterback, just an awesome quarterback. I think he’s the best in the league right now, at a young age.”

On what he has learned from Rodgers: “Really just about detailing, just detailing your work, detailing every aspect of your game, which he (does). You ain’t got no choice but to just learn off him.”

On helping the younger tight ends: “No, I ain’t a talkative guy. I just like to get out there and work and do my job to tell you the truth. It’s business and you’ve got to do what you can to get what you want.”

On whether he believes it’s not his job to help the other tight ends: “I ain’t saying it’s not my job to help them, but I’m in the playbook just like they need to be in the playbook. If they’ve got questions I’ll answer for them, but at the same time, it’s about that time for me to just take off.”

On what he is doing to improve: “Just being consistent, staying on board, detailing every aspect of your game, that’s what I’m working on. I’m working on more film work. I’m working on taking my film work to the field. It’s crazy how good I want to be and the level I want to play at.”

blank
dhpackr
12 years ago
Go J-Finn...testify!!
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
nyrpack
12 years ago
i see his point about philly talking smack, but i dont think the saints are saying much , they seem pretty tame, i do think the falcons are abit more talkative these days then the saints !!
jimmy b.
Greg C.
12 years ago
Finley's a great player, but he also happens to be a loudmouth and an idiot. Sometimes that happens. If this is how he talks in training camp, after a season that he mostly missed because of an injury, imagine how much he's going to be flapping his gums in the playoffs. I don't think it affects the team much. It's just kind of nauseating to listen to. I'm still looking forward to watching him play, though.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (5h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (13h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (19h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (19h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (19h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (19h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (19h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (19h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (19h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (20h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.