Zero2Cool
12 years ago
We suspected this moment would eventually happen and thanks to some whiny little prick contacting a company who had their articles posted here, today was that day. Woohoo!

PackersHome was initially founded because (this is one of the two major reasons) of my increasing frustrations with "blog" and "newspaper" sites that fail miserably in maintaining content integrity and availability when changing platforms. Remember when we went from php to asp, we didn't lose any posts or members and that's going from Linux to Windows, yet these big shot companies can't find developers to maintain their content? Perhaps they could and didn't care to?

Either way, one company is unhappy and I do not wish to have my site ruffle any feathers. Therefore, this change is to be IMMEDIATE and you will like it!! If you don't like it, I'll contact Mrs Colledge and have her chew your ass off.

All good things must come to an end and you must adapt to willing to accept that as a web developer. PackersHome has gotten a bit more "popular" than I had ever anticipated and we have to be more tactful with infringing upon ones copyright, rights.

I realized this awhile ago and said that I felt more comfortable with posting articles similarly as how sites like ProFootballTalk.com carries their business. They link the source, add some of their own input and quote some of the article content.

I've always been transparent with what's going on with the site, so if you're interested in what I responded with, read the spoiler.

There's a link back to the source also citing it was written by your site. Can you explain how that is copyright infringement?

PackersHome is not claiming credit for it, nor saying it's that of their own, nor of the member whom posted said article are claiming or taken credit for the work.

It's simply being shared (similarly as if one were to buy the paper and give it to their friend to then read) amongst a few other folks. If anything, PackersHome is contributing to ad revenue and clicks to your site. :)

I apologize if I'm coming off as difficult, that is NOT my intent. I'm ignorant on how this is a problem for your site or why it merits this communication at all.

The purpose of the full article posting is for archival purposes. Surely you're aware of how many times websites change platforms and then you lose all those linked articles (unless Google cached it). If these same web developers had the skills to procure a site search that was sufficient and to retain the articles, the purpose of archiving the articles in entirety on other websites would be non-existent.

What can I do to make your site happy?
- halt all your site full article posting?
- reduce your site article posting to only a snippet with a link to the source? (this has been what I urged members to do)
- or simply disallow anything from your site to be posted on PackersHome in any capacity?

As I mentioned earlier, I do not wish to be a problem, this is a HOBBY site of mine that brings me ZERO dollars and has been used for years to ARCHIVE quality articles around the internet (such as those from your site) and if a few folks want to discuss said articles (or other topics) in a properly moderated community, great.

I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you or your site, ... I just don't see how it could be a bad thing for your site to have their articles spread to a wider base of Packers fans.

Thank you for your time and please respond with what you'd like to be done.

- Kevin

What You Need To Know!
So you found an article that you want to share, what the hell do you do now? Simple, you create a new thread using the articles title as the subject, you copy ONLY a PORTION of the article and provide the link to the source. Then I'd appreciate it greatly if you gave your opinion on what was said to generate discussion.

Example:
Subject (thread title/topic): Earthquake hits!!

The epicenter was in Virginia. Did you feel it? Send CNN an iReport.

The quake was felt in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; New York City and on Martha's Vineyard where President Barack Obama is vacationing. Cell phone service has been disrupted in New York City where parts of Manhattan have been evacuated.

"Everybody was told to take the stairs," Wolf Blitzer said, speaking live at 2 p.m. E.T. from CNN's D.C. bureau.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/23/quake-hits-near-washington-d-c/ 

Any questions?

PS, if you could edit a decent portion out of your full article portions, we'd appreciate that effort.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
It was bound to happen.
Will do my best to comply.
Don't suppose you will tell us the website that was offended? (so we can be extra extra extra careful not to piss them off more.)
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
How far back do you want us to edit our posts?

Sort of looking for a guideline...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

How far back do you want us to edit our posts?

Sort of looking for a guideline...

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

This wasn't something they required or even implied needed to be done, rather something that would make me a bit more comfortable.

Therefore, simply editing the first page of topics if necessary would be sufficient. If they require this, then I'll have to waste my time to accommodate them.

It was bound to happen.
Will do my best to comply.
Don't suppose you will tell us the website that was offended? (so we can be extra extra extra careful not to piss them off more.)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

No sir, I will not disclose whom it was. I feel their stance on this issue is that of ignorance and actually hurts them more than it helps, I won't disclose their identity and have them subjected to potential backlash.

No worries on pissing them off as long as we collectively do not post full articles off any site (unless given permission to do so) we'll be good to go with them and every other website.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

This wasn't something they required or even implied needed to be done, rather something that would make me a bit more comfortable.

Therefore, simply editing the first page of topics if necessary would be sufficient. If they require this, then I'll have to waste my time to accommodate them.

No sir, I will not disclose whom it was. I feel their stance on this issue is that of ignorance and actually hurts them more than it helps, I won't disclose their identity and have them subjected to potential backlash.

No worries on pissing them off as long as we collectively do not post full articles off any site (unless given permission to do so) we'll be good to go with them and every other website.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

as you wish.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
I went back 3 pages on most forums. that was about 2 months. 4 pages on the packer forum. that is about 2 weeks.
I lost count but I was somewhere around 40 posts.
Do you want more? I will if you say so.

BTW I was not thinking of any kind of backlash against their website. I was just going to do extra for them. (If I had used their info.)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I went back 3 pages on most forums. that was about 2 months. 4 pages on the packer forum. that is about 2 weeks.
I lost count but I was somewhere around 40 posts.
Do you want more? I will if you say so.

BTW I was not thinking of any kind of backlash against their website. I was just going to do extra for them. (If I had used their info.)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Thank you, that was more than needed, but thanks.

They don't need any special treatment from anyone, nor any backlash either. If we just post a portion of the article and link to it, there won't be any problem with anyone because that's within the copyright "laws".

You just wanna know who it was so you can toilet paper their headquarters.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

You just wanna know who it was so you can toilet paper their headquarters.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

no sir. 🤐

:-k 🤔 🤔

8-[ that WOULD be fun. :-"

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
This needs to be updated... I'll throw something together. I've kind of waffled on what direction to take and have come to a conclusion. It'll confuse the balls off all of you, even the girls.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.