RainX
12 years ago
It's going to be a very tough, physical game. Detroit's defense outside of their front 4 is very mediocre. A quality pass rush can mask a lot of problems in other areas of the defense. Pass protection is going to be absolutely critical in this game and I'm sure Aaron's going to be a bit smarter this year protecting himself. If the offensive line can do an adequate job of keeping Aaron upright, it could be a long day for the Lions DBs. This defense coughed up 35 points to a mediocre at best Carolina team at home.

I do fully anticipate this game to be a shoot out though. Stafford has been prone to some interceptions the past few weeks and probably still isn't 100%. The defense for the most part is healthy. Neal got about 15 snaps on Sunday which was a good warm up so hopefully he can continue to get back into game shape. Even though going into Detroit was a tough game last year, less we forget how good Aaron has been indoors the past 12 months. No reason to think he can't continue his campaign for league MVP on Thursday with a quality game and especially looking to rebound from Sunday.
blank
12 years ago
There is a vikling bozo infecting this thread with sneering vikling idiocy of a 2-10 humanoid.

This is the Packers 34th game on Thanksgiving.
For the last few years they are playing every other year.
The Packers are in demand.

The viklings were last invited to Detroit for Thanksgiving in 1995 and only twice since the 1970 merger. If it were a random selection the viklings would be there every 8th year on average.

Clearly America and the NFL do not want the vikling goatsuckers to pollute a national holiday.
blank
vikesrule
12 years ago

There is a vikling bozo infecting this thread with sneering vikling idiocy of a 2-10 humanoid.

This is the Packers 34nd game on Thanksgiving.
For the last few years they are playing every other year.
The Packers are in demand.

The viklings were last invited to Detroit for Thanksgiving in 1995 and only twice since the 1970 merger. If it were a random selection the viklings would be there every 8th year on average.

Clearly America and the NFL do not want the vikling goatsuckers to pollute a national holiday.

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

Bwaahaa...I wondering who the first one would be that got his panties in a bunch. Congrats CC.
Oh, and that is 2-8, not 2-10.
And that should read 34th not 34nd.

Who loves ya CC? 👅

[roflmao]
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
It's cool, but I find it funny we're having to bash a Vikings fan during Lions week ... where the Lions fans at? C'mon folks, I post a link to their boards, bring some on over!!
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
12 years ago
Wonder whatever happened to big3? remember him?

Anyway, I'll just be the transitory Lions fan until a real one shows up.

-lionsrule
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Wonder whatever happened to big3? remember him?

Anyway, I'll just be the transitory Lions fan until a real one shows up.

-lionsrule

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

He's on the "other" site still. I don't advocate recruiting folks, but then again, if someone wants to ... I won't object. He should have time for another Packers website to bounce around on.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago
Morgan Burnett not listed on the injury report for this game.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Hmmmm.....looks like the last time the Packers went to Detroit on Thanksgiving and being 10-0, the Lions kicked their ass. Ha! sacked Bart Starr 11 times!!!!

History of Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers Thanksgiving Day football games

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

History is nice. I am all in favor of it. GB's history is 13 world championships. Minnysoda has a history of none. Minnysoda has a history of choking when they get to a big game. It doesn't even have to be the SB, which they have coughed up so well so many times. Just look their colossal failure in 2003 against the AZ Cardinals.

GB has a history of losing in Detroit. But most of those where in the 1950's. GB's recent history is 3-4. I will take my chances on Thursday.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
I'm going to need help with this from our resident choking expert, but I believe "chocking" should be spelled "choking". vikesrule, care to help out?
UserPostedImage
Yerko
12 years ago
Didn't watch or catch much of the highlights to the Lions/Panthers game...is Stafford's throwing hand still injured? If he is throwing anything like he did against the Bears, then I expect the Packers defense to have 1-3 interceptions..1 TD.

Pressure, pressure, and more pressure on Stafford. The kid hates getting hit and makes big time (dumb) mistakes when he has someone running after him. Pressure won't allow him time to watch Johnson run a streak down the field so he can float a crap pass to him and watch him catch it over 3 defenders.

Protect Rodgers. Suh is as dirty as they come and if given the chance, I am sure he will try to rag doll him...

Our offensive line hasn't been taking much this season. If something happens that shouldn't happen (Lang getting kicked in the junk) the offensive line reacts. I think this is going to be an extremely chippy game with a lot of bad intentions.

I don't think Rodgers accuracy will be an issue this week. I did see him hold his elbow after a play when he threw it behind Jennings on a slant. I am hoping there isn't some minor issue there and just the cold playing games with his head. Maybe his elbow was cold? 🤔

Would be nice to see a resemblance of week 9 to week 10. Packers defense sharted themselves against the Chargers and came back in week 10 to smash the suck out of the Vikings. Maybe a close call against the Bucs in week 11 will bring out another fired up defense in week 12.

Packers- 35
Lions- 24

Gotta love all the "Johnny-come-lately" Lions fans...
UserPostedImage