Since69
12 years ago
Sounds to me like half the world is rushing to judgment before half the story has been told. I never, never take any news story at face value. Sensationalism sells.

The media has been playing the race card and portraying Zimmerman as a child-killing racist since minute #1. I'm not buying it. It may very well turn out that way, but I refuse to condemn anyone until I know all the facts, and it's not in CNN's best interest to report all the facts, so they won't. Why do you think the media keeps throwing up 5 year old pics of the kid? Because it evokes a response in people that sells.

Remember how most of us reacted when Donald Driver's father got "beaten up by the police" a few years ago?

Hey, if he's guilty, then I'll throw the switch myself. I just hate it when major media leads the world around by the nose.
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago
Exactly. What Zimmerman did was wrong (the murder part), but don't paint the boy as innocent quite yet:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 

There are many factors that led to this travesty. The main one was Zimmerman's over-zealous Batman wannabe 'Neighborhood watch' act. An unknown person walking around with a hoodie up over his head is another factor (albeit a minor one). And even more of a minor factor was race. On their own, this wouldn't happen. But mix these up (with more of course) and we've got a volatile situation.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
porky88
12 years ago

Exactly. What Zimmerman did was wrong (the murder part), but don't paint the boy as innocent quite yet:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 

There are many factors that led to this travesty. The main one was Zimmerman's over-zealous Batman wannabe 'Neighborhood watch' act. An unknown person walking around with a hoodie up over his head is another factor (albeit a minor one). And even more of a minor factor was race. On their own, this wouldn't happen. But mix these up (with more of course) and we've got a volatile situation.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

I must be misunderstanding your post. The hoodie isn't a problem. Neither is his race, but together then that's a volatile situation. That doesn't make Zimmerman look any better, in my assessment.

Maybe the kid attacked him. Maybe Zimmerman provoked him into attacking him. I don’t think we’ll never know. I do think Zimmerman should face a court of his peers. There hasn’t even been an arrest, so I find that troubling.
Formo
12 years ago

I must be misunderstanding your post. The hoodie isn't a problem. Neither is his race, but together then that's a volatile situation. That doesn't make Zimmerman look any better, in my assessment.

Maybe the kid attacked him. Maybe Zimmerman provoked him into attacking him. I don’t think we’ll never know. I do think Zimmerman should face a court of his peers. There hasn’t even been an arrest, so I find that troubling.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

No, the combination of the hoodie (which was apparently pulled over his head after he noticed Zimmerman following him), his not being a resident of the neighborhood, possibly his race, Zimmerman being an overzealous Batman wannabe combined made this a volatile situation.

It's sounding like both parties were a bit over zealous in their actions with Zimmerman pulling the trigger.

I agree, he should at the very minimum face charges.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago

Sounds to me like half the world is rushing to judgment before half the story has been told. I never, never take any news story at face value. Sensationalism sells.

The media has been playing the race card and portraying Zimmerman as a child-killing racist since minute #1. I'm not buying it. It may very well turn out that way, but I refuse to condemn anyone until I know all the facts, and it's not in CNN's best interest to report all the facts, so they won't. Why do you think the media keeps throwing up 5 year old pics of the kid? Because it evokes a response in people that sells.

Remember how most of us reacted when Donald Driver's father got "beaten up by the police" a few years ago?

Hey, if he's guilty, then I'll throw the switch myself. I just hate it when major media leads the world around by the nose.

Originally Posted by: Since69 

The voice of reason.
Yes, it's VERY sad that a kid died. But there were no charges, AFTER it was investigated.
I doubt that anyone here has all the facts, and are jumping to conclusions based on the little info we have.
I saw a bit on TV about this, and there in the front row was none other then Jesse Jackson. I was wondering how long it would take for him to jump on this.
Would he have been there if it was a white kid that was killed? (We all know THAT answer).
Anytime he and Sharpton show up, you KNOW why.
And as was stated, the guy who pulled the trigger was NOT white.
But that is not being pointed out much by the media. (I think it "ruins" the story for them).

If there was a crime committed by the shooter, and i was in the jury, i'd find him guilty. IF there was evidence he DID commit a crime.
I think there is just to much of a "rush to judgement" by some.
None of us were there, none of us have talked directly to the shooter. So what do we base our feelings of guilt/innocence on? A media that shows pictures os a smiling young boy, which of course pulls on the old heart strings. Heck, i have seen school photos of Jeff Dahmer.....who would have thought that innocent young face hid a monster?
No, i'm NOT saying the guy that was killed was a monster, i am just trying to prove a point that we were not involved in what actually happened that night. We only get a few snippets of info.

As i said, it WAS investigated, and the D.A. didn't charge. So does that mean the D.A. and all the cops down there are racists that don't care if a innocent kid was murdered? Or is it that they saw the facts, and the facts didn't add up to the charging of a crime?

It's sad when ANY kid gets killed. Whether it's a good kid, or a kid that has become a drug dealer or gang banger. It's ALWAYS sad, but not always a crime against whoever shot the gun.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
The more you folks speak on this, the more glad I am at being ignorant to the details. What I said in this thread about it, is fully all I know.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago
That's the bad part.
NO ONE here knows all the "facts".
So how can you come to ANY conclusion on it?
Guilt? Innocence?
Who here really knows?
Would you hang a guy based on what little info we have here?
It seems some would.
Don't missunderstand me......if i was shown factual info that proved the shooter was guilty of a crime, i'd nail him. But i surely haven't seen that info as of yet.....and i probably will never know any more about the incident then i know right now.
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

The voice of reason.
Yes, it's VERY sad that a kid died. But there were no charges, AFTER it was investigated.
I doubt that anyone here has all the facts, and are jumping to conclusions based on the little info we have.
I saw a bit on TV about this, and there in the front row was none other then Jesse Jackson. I was wondering how long it would take for him to jump on this.
Would he have been there if it was a white kid that was killed? (We all know THAT answer).
Anytime he and Sharpton show up, you KNOW why.
And as was stated, the guy who pulled the trigger was NOT white.
But that is not being pointed out much by the media. (I think it "ruins" the story for them).

If there was a crime committed by the shooter, and i was in the jury, i'd find him guilty. IF there was evidence he DID commit a crime.
I think there is just to much of a "rush to judgement" by some.
None of us were there, none of us have talked directly to the shooter. So what do we base our feelings of guilt/innocence on? A media that shows pictures os a smiling young boy, which of course pulls on the old heart strings. Heck, i have seen school photos of Jeff Dahmer.....who would have thought that innocent young face hid a monster?
No, i'm NOT saying the guy that was killed was a monster, i am just trying to prove a point that we were not involved in what actually happened that night. We only get a few snippets of info.

As i said, it WAS investigated, and the D.A. didn't charge. So does that mean the D.A. and all the cops down there are racists that don't care if a innocent kid was murdered? Or is it that they saw the facts, and the facts didn't add up to the charging of a crime?

It's sad when ANY kid gets killed. Whether it's a good kid, or a kid that has become a drug dealer or gang banger. It's ALWAYS sad, but not always a crime against whoever shot the gun.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Oh, both Al and Jesse were the reason this became such a hot 'read'. The killing happened about a month ago. They found out about the 'injustice' of the white killer walking scott free and they blew it to massive proportions.

Sadly enough, we wouldn't be having this discussion if either one of them didn't cry wolf.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago

The ONLY one that knows if race played any part is the guy that did the shooting.
I myself don't think it was anything with race, but i wouldn't be able to say for sure without very detailed info on the case and being able to talk directly to the shooter.

It's sad that everytime a black guy gets shot, "the race card" is automatically the first card played.

There are "racists" of all colors.

Here are some of the things that don't add up in this deal.

1. Why was Zimmerman following this kid? According to the witness on the other end of Martin's cell phone he was being followed and asked "Why are you following me?". If he said that prior to the sounds of a struggle.. how could he have caught this guy, Zimmerman, off guard as he claims?

2. The police admitting to "correcting" a witness statement on site?

3. I don't know that Martin is as innocent overall as claimed.. seems like he has been in and out of trouble prior. But even that standing, what does prior actions have to do with the events of the day of the shooting?

4. In the end, one has to take the neutral side of this until all facts have come out and presented properly. Not in the media. Not second hand. Until then, Zimmerman should be counted as innocent until proven guilty. Public pressure and playing on emotions just isn't prudent at this time.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Formo
12 years ago

That's the bad part.
NO ONE here knows all the "facts".
So how can you come to ANY conclusion on it?
Guilt? Innocence?
Who here really knows?
Would you hang a guy based on what little info we have here?
It seems some would.
Don't missunderstand me......if i was shown factual info that proved the shooter was guilty of a crime, i'd nail him. But i surely haven't seen that info as of yet.....and i probably will never know any more about the incident then i know right now.

So far, according to Florida law, he can walk (not enough evidence saying that he was the aggressor, thus he 'defended' himself).

If he never got out of his SUV, this would have never happened. So you'd think there HAS to be some accountability held there, right?
UserPostedImage