Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Pickett is from the Rams. And Hargrove might be forced to sit out 8 games, so I wouldn't say he's the starter. I'd go with Worthy.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The guy doesn't know the difference between a Ram and Cardinal, says Dimitri Nance has more value to a team than Barry Sanders and yet wonders why no one listens to his ranting about teams never needing to run the ball ever. Gee, I wonder! [boxing]

UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago

So the cup is half full unless it's half empty? There is no spoon ... Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. (oh I think I have an idea for movie night with Keiana now)

I hold the belief that all are talented and with the right system, the right coaching each can excel to great levels with the proper motivation. First round, third round or undrafted ... who gives a damn. If you can play, you can play.

Do some research on free agents and how well they succeed on their next team based on where they were drafted. (not TELLING you to do it, saying it as more 'matter of fact')

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It doesn't matter if the cup is half full or half empty if it is ricin.

I can't research how well undrafted FAs do based on where they were drafted.🤷
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

It doesn't matter if the cup is half full or half empty if it is ricin.

I can't research how well undrafted FAs do based on where they were drafted.🤷

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

I don't think I could either. I wasn't directing you to do it or anything. My apologies if it came off as such.

I think I would take the best 10 free agents of the last 5 years and see where they were drafted.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago

I don't think I could either. I wasn't directing you to do it or anything. My apologies if it came off as such.

I think I would take the best 10 free agents of the last 5 years and see where they were drafted.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

No apology needed. I was joking.

I can't look up their performance based on where they were drafted because the undrafted FAs were not drafted.

The graph is missing an axis.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I was talking about actual free agents, not undrafted free agents. Reggie White was a free agent, for example, but not an undrafted free agent. Oh shit, he came from the USFL so ... dammit. Okay, umm, Charles Woodson was a free agent, but he was actually drafted in the NFL draft.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
Jordy Nelson made some comments regarding Driver:

"Following the recent departures of veteran left tackle Chad Clifton and safety Nick Collins, Nelson believes Driver serves an important role with the franchise and still has plenty of football ahead of him entering his 14th NFL season.

“I think he’s important,” said Nelson, who led the Packers with 68 receptions, 1,263 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns last season. “He’s fun to be around. You build those relationships and you don’t want them to end. We’ve already experienced two of them this year with Chad and Nick, and I think it would be tough to take a third.”"
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/05/15/nelson-hopes-to-see-driver-back-next-season/ 

I think it will be tough to see him stay with the Packers this year. Michael Hunt had an article stating the same thing in the MJS today. However, should Ted run into a snag at another position due to injury, he could still use one of his many WRs in trade to fill that spot, or keep DD around for insurance till roster cut down to 53. I think Driver's value to GB is allowing for another WR to be traded, while he could provide the depth and leadership he's always given, at a more affordable price.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another WR traded away later on, or to see Driver hit the tiles in a roster cut, and play elsewhere. Just doesn't seem right, having one of our all-time greatest being sent out, but I get it, if it happens.
dhazer
11 years ago
play what the heck is it with you and thinking everyone wants our wide receivers? We won't trade Nelson and Cobb. No trade value in Jones and Driver at all and the only one that would be a slight chance for a trade would be Jennings in his contract year if I remember correctly.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
From rotoworld.com
6/23/2009: Signed a four-year, $26.885 million contract. The cap-friendly deal (after 2009) contains $16.25 million guaranteed, including an $11.25 million signing bonus and Jennings' first-year base salary. Another $3 million is available through incentives, including $25,000 per game played, $25,000 each season if he plays in 12 games and the Packers make the playoffs, and escalators maxing out at $700,000 in 2010, $1 million in 2011, and $1.25 million in 2012 based on playing time and team performance. $300,000 offseason workout bonuses are available 2010-2012.
2012: $3.885 million
2013: Free Agent
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
I STILL think Driver has enough left for him to be valuable to the Packers.
I hope he can show the young guys he still has what it takes.
Let's face it, one injury, and having a talent like his on the roster could pay off big. It's not like he's lousy and not worth it.
If he shows in camp he's still "the go to guy", KEEP HIM!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I STILL think Driver has enough left for him to be valuable to the Packers.
I hope he can show the young guys he still has what it takes.
Let's face it, one injury, and having a talent like his on the roster could pay off big. It's not like he's lousy and not worth it.
If he shows in camp he's still "the go to guy", KEEP HIM!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

He hasn't been the go to guy for a couple years now. Jennings and Nelson are ahead of him and most would probably say Cobb and James Jones are too. That puts him to 5th on the depth chart, a spot you ask the player to play in Special Teams often. The only way Donald Driver stays on the roster is if 1, pay cut, 2, injury to one of the names mentioned and proves he's worth keeping over a young developmental WR.
UserPostedImage