Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

On the two coasts we saw the movie Fargo. That is Minneapolis, to most. Most are morons, but they are the most.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

I don't give a good God damn about what the coasts thought the movie Fargo/Minneapolis.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
dfosterf
11 years ago

I don't give a good God damn about what the coasts thought the movie Fargo/Minneapolis.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

... Kind of like what we don't care about us being perceived as a bunch of idiot cheeseheads.

Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago

... Kind of like what we don't care about us being perceived as a bunch of idiot cheeseheads.

Sure. Because you guys being idiot cheddarheads is EXACTLY like how some morons view the movie Fargo. 🙂
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago

Tried that once. It failed. Hard.

Love that there will be 3 new stadiums in town (4 if you consider the X's 10+ years as 'new'). It just adds to the dynamics of the Twin Cities' awesomeness.

Not that any of you would understand, anyway.

the X is still awesome so yes i consider it new.
Pack93z
11 years ago

Tried that once. It failed. Hard.

Love that there will be 3 new stadiums in town (4 if you consider the X's 10+ years as 'new'). It just adds to the dynamics of the Twin Cities' awesomeness.

Not that any of you would understand, anyway.

No one is saying that 3 or 4 new stadiums isn't cool or "awesome" from a fans vantage point. That is like freaking nirvana.. so you can take the condescending statement, twist it sideways and shove it up your ass. :)

My point is simply this, yes I know it was voted upon and failed. But that does not change the fact that the public is now funding three stadiums, two of which have the same purpose, football. Doesn't change the fact that the state ran the line on allowing the Vikings to walk away from the state because of financial constraints. Simply, it doesn't make it the most logical decision because it failed years ago.

The economy is still struggling, the budget within MN is still struggling to keep up the massive infrastructure of the Twin Cities not to mention the state. Not the many years ago that it was the focus of the country.

The mindset to not multipurpose a facility the size of a football stadium, especially in close proximity is exactly the mindset that is hurting the entire country as a whole.

Don't live within your means, live within your wants.

Enjoy your nirvana, but don't forget the joy when forking out more dough in the form of taxes.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago

the X is still awesome so yes i consider it new.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I consider it new as well, but probably because it has aged sooo damn well. It's still the best venue I've ever attended, even after Target Field.

No one is saying that 3 or 4 new stadiums isn't cool or "awesome" from a fans vantage point. That is like freaking nirvana.. so you can take the condescending statement, twist it sideways and shove it up your ass. :)

My point is simply this, yes I know it was voted upon and failed. But that does not change the fact that the public is now funding three stadiums, two of which have the same purpose, football. Doesn't change the fact that the state ran the line on allowing the Vikings to walk away from the state because of financial constraints. Simply, it doesn't make it the most logical decision because it failed years ago.

The economy is still struggling, the budget within MN is still struggling to keep up the massive infrastructure of the Twin Cities not to mention the state. Not the many years ago that it was the focus of the country.

The mindset to not multipurpose a facility the size of a football stadium, especially in close proximity is exactly the mindset that is hurting the entire country as a whole.

Don't live within your means, live within your wants.

Enjoy your nirvana, but don't forget the joy when forking out more dough in the form of taxes.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Vikings stadium doesn't involve general fund monies. Unless I gamble via pull tabs or pay for the suites (10% tax on suites is a backup source), not a dime of my money goes toward the Vikes stadium. The Bank, while getting public monies, I'm not sure the details of.. Except that it was built on some sort of bonding/loans from the state... So the state will recoup their money.

Yes, the economy is still struggling.. but right now the state is reaping what it sowed years ago (ignoring any and all stadium bills). It is what it is.

As far as doing things on the cheap.. That's EXACTLY what they did with the Metrodump. And look what's going to happen with it 30 years later. No no, it is NEVER the time to do something 'on the cheap' because the economy is piss poor right now. You always get what you pay for, and hopefully the state will learn from it's mistakes that is the 'awesome' planning they had for the dump.

I'm also a bit of a purist. College football needs to be played on a college campus, in a college stadium. The Dome KILLED the Gophers ability to have a great college atmosphere. For those that didn't really know much about college football (which is a lot up here), they viewed the Gophs in the Dome as a high school game in an NFL stadium.. There was no atmosphere. And the awesome shuttles students had to take from campus to Minneapolis Downtown East, just killed the fickle fanbase. No no.. Screw sharing a stadium. It's cheap, tacky, and blows for one of the fanbases.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I consider it new as well, but probably because it has aged sooo damn well. It's still the best venue I've ever attended, even after Target Field.

Vikings stadium doesn't involve general fund monies. Unless I gamble via pull tabs or pay for the suites (10% tax on suites is a backup source), not a dime of my money goes toward the Vikes stadium. The Bank, while getting public monies, I'm not sure the details of.. Except that it was built on some sort of bonding/loans from the state... So the state will recoup their money.

Yes, the economy is still struggling.. but right now the state is reaping what it sowed years ago (ignoring any and all stadium bills). It is what it is.

As far as doing things on the cheap.. That's EXACTLY what they did with the Metrodump. And look what's going to happen with it 30 years later. No no, it is NEVER the time to do something 'on the cheap' because the economy is piss poor right now. You always get what you pay for, and hopefully the state will learn from it's mistakes that is the 'awesome' planning they had for the dump.

I'm also a bit of a purist. College football needs to be played on a college campus, in a college stadium. The Dome KILLED the Gophers ability to have a great college atmosphere. For those that didn't really know much about college football (which is a lot up here), they viewed the Gophs in the Dome as a high school game in an NFL stadium.. There was no atmosphere. And the awesome shuttles students had to take from campus to Minneapolis Downtown East, just killed the fickle fanbase. No no.. Screw sharing a stadium. It's cheap, tacky, and blows for one of the fanbases.

Shawn if I could applaud twice I would.

Formo that is the kind of thinking that has run us intot he ground.

The money doesn't magically appear for the State's portion. You may think it will all come from pull tabs and suites. It won't. Once the spot light is off them the money will come in from other sources as well.

Keep in mind there are State/City funds outside of the stadium. Millions will be spent on infrastructure. The streets will need to be redone. New lines. New sewers laid in. That won't come from pull tabs.
Then there is the knocking down the old stadium and re working the ground for something suitable in that location.

The people of the State of MN will end up paying a hefty sum just so they can say having 4 stadiums is awesome. Good for you. You deserve it.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago
I hope they get PSL's and the resultant financial reality shock. It is just a fun thing to watch, and in my experience, the Vikings fans' season ticket holders are the whiniest bitches of all, so this should be good.

😝

plus, Dumarr or Vladmir or whateverelseyouclowns call him looks terribly old, balding from the toxic-waste in the middle with greasy wisps of side-hair dangling down, he has flaccid chicken-wing flappy arms, and his bike don't run so good anymore. 😝

They still have no friggin' roof. The collective brilliance of that great state came up with a bowl, but no covering, as yet. I'd be embarrased, but I'm not from Minnesota and don't know the absolutely scary depth of the stupidity threshold there. Not good on paper going in, but other than that, congratulations, you are good to go.
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago

Shawn if I could applaud twice I would.

Formo that is the kind of thinking that has run us intot he ground.

The money doesn't magically appear for the State's portion. You may think it will all come from pull tabs and suites. It won't. Once the spot light is off them the money will come in from other sources as well.

Keep in mind there are State/City funds outside of the stadium. Millions will be spent on infrastructure. The streets will need to be redone. New lines. New sewers laid in. That won't come from pull tabs.
Then there is the knocking down the old stadium and re working the ground for something suitable in that location.

The people of the State of MN will end up paying a hefty sum just so they can say having 4 stadiums is awesome. Good for you. You deserve it.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

They are building it on the Metrodome site. And the final number includes the immediate streets/plaza/etc. Keep digging, though. You might find something.
UserPostedImage
Formo
  • Formo
11 years ago

I hope they get PSL's and the resultant financial reality shock. It is just a fun thing to watch, and in my experience, the Vikings fans' season ticket holders are the whiniest bitches of all, so this should be good.

😝

plus, Dumarr or Vladmir or whateverelseyouclowns call him looks terribly old, balding from the toxic-waste in the middle with greasy wisps of side-hair dangling down, he has flaccid chicken-wing flappy arms, and his bike don't run so good anymore. 😝

They still have no friggin' roof. The collective brilliance of that great state came up with a bowl, but no covering, as yet. I'd be embarrased, but I'm not from Minnesota and don't know the absolutely scary depth of the stupidity threshold there. Not good on paper going in, but other than that, congratulations, you are good to go.

WTF are you even saying? Time to pour some sense into your jughead, pal.
UserPostedImage