Pack93z
11 years ago
Last nights game was pretty clean, one missed defensive holding near the goal line was the major miss of the night. But really, don't the normal refs miss the same types of calls last night.

Another gaff was they botched the descriptor on a false start by calling it offsides.

Watching the game, I think they let the secondary play a little bit more aggressive than normal, but that even with the normal crews vary from crew to crew.

Overall.. they really had no impact on the game. In fact, the shot on Eli was probably a subjective call in which they sided on player safety by enforcing the roughing. Up yours De.

They are not going to be perfect.. but then again neither are the normal crews. But because the attention is focused on them, we are highlighting everything. Pop in a game from last season and focus on the officiating.. your going to see missed calls throughout the game. The focus just wasn't as intense on it.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Say what?  what.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Ahh.. examples.. you want examples. Okay.

How about this non call?

UserPostedImage

or these..

10. Tuck Rule: Right Call, Wrong Explanation You know what happened here. The Raiders were up late in snowy Foxboro in the AFC Divisional playoffs as the Patriots were driving. Tom Brady wound up to throw, but as Charles Woodson sprinted in from the edge and hit Brady’s arm, the quarterback returned the ball to his body. The ball was jarred loose, and Oakland pounced on the pigskin, sending the Silver and Black into pandemonium.

But referee Walt Coleman says not so fast. "After reviewing the play, the quarterback’s arm was moving forward, and the result of the play was an incomplete forward pass." Patriots ball. Patriots win. Patriots go on to become Super Bowl champions. The rulebook has it right -- if the quarterback brings his arm forward in a passing motion, but then changes his mind and tries to keep hold of the football rather than making a pass, it is still considered a forward pass -- but Coleman had it wrong. The contest now forever known as The Tuck Rule Game still has fans scratching their heads to this day.

9. Thanksgiving Day Coin Flop While "heads" and "tails" sound different to most of us, referee Phil Luckett had trouble telling the difference. The Detroit Lions and Pittsburgh Steelers met at midfield for an overtime coin flip on Thanksgiving Day in 1999, and with hundreds of thousands of turkey-stuffed football fans watching, Luckett flubbed the coin flip. Jerome Bettis called "tails," but the ref heard "heads." When the coin came up tails, he awarded the Lions the ball, despite angry protests from the Pittsburgh captains and bench. The Lions took the wrongful opening possession down the field for a score to win the game. Now if the NFL had the college playoff system, this wouldn’t even be an issue -- but that's an argument for another story.

6. Ed Hochuli Gives Jay Cutler a Mulligan The Denver Broncos won a thrilling, 39-38 victory over San Diego with a heaping pile of thanks to Ed Hochuli on Sept. 14, 2008. With the Broncos on the goal line late in the game, Jay Cutler rolled out to his right and aimed to fire a pass on the run -- except the ball slipped out of his hand as his arm rocketed forward, sending the ball puttering sideways, which the Chargers jumped on. Hochuli immediately ruled the pass incomplete, which just two years ago, was not a reviewable call. The NFL has since written in the Hochuli Rule, allowing incomplete passes to be reviewed to see if they are, in fact, fumbles. Cutler and the Broncos took advantage of Hochuli’s misstep, winning the game on a touchdown and two-point conversion. Justice was served, though, as the Chargers rallied to win the division.

1. The Play -- From Two Snaps Ago -- is Under Review Cleveland is well known for its looming sports curse. After all, the city hasn’t tasted a title in any of the major sports since 1964. Although the Browns were far from the Super Bowl, they were fighting for a spot in the playoffs and had a packed Cleveland Browns stadium believing in 2001. Down 15-10 to Jacksonville with less than a minute to go, the Browns were driving. Tim Couch hit Quincy Morgan on fourth-and-2 to reach the 9-yard line and a first down. Couch quickly assembled his line and spiked the ball to stop the clock with 48 seconds to go. But as the Browns prepared for their next play, referee Terry McAulay announced that his replay buzzer went off just before the previous play was snapped and the play would be under review. As any casual football fan can tell you, however, a play cannot be reviewed after another play -- yes, even a spike -- is run. The refs called Morgan’s catch incomplete, ending the Browns’ drive, hopes of winning the game and chances for the playoffs. The snarling Dawg Pound responded as expected, tossing bottles and any other objects at arm’s length at the refs, igniting a furious riot in championship-starved Cleveland.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/06/breaking-down-the-top-10-worst-referee-mistakes-in-history.html 

Shall we continue?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
11 years ago
Since they are sorely missed.. lets revisit comments on the types we currently are locking out.

Walt Coleman 

http://www.refsuck.com/ 

There mission statement...

WHY THIS SITE?

I created this site to expose a problem in the NFL. The league would have you believe NFL officials do a great job and no problem exists. But far too often we see officials blow calls and make up rules. I'm not here to bust balls, but to pressure the NFL to address the problem. It's time the NFL hold officials accountable and admit to mistakes. More importantly, it's time the NFL implement a system whereby officials are not deciding the outcome of games, but are in place to assure a game is played fairly and within the rules.

Pack93z
11 years ago
My point is.. the game with continue on. Refs and missed calls have been and will always be a part of the game.

Basically, the focus on it is over the top IMO, especially considering the demands these part time employees of the league, thus us the fans want.

Piss on them. Watch the games from your couch on Sunday and collect nothing.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

My point is.. the game with continue on. Refs and missed calls have been and will always be a part of the game.

Basically, the focus on it is over the top IMO, especially considering the demands these part time employees of the league, thus us the fans want.

Piss on them. Watch the games from your couch on Sunday and collect nothing.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I don't want any officials, but do understand someone has to spot the ball and indicate the down. I'd rather more officials off the field making the call. The NFL has too many rules in my opinion and makes too people cry "wahh not fair!".

I say, lace up, shut up, and play the game like men, not metro-sexual whiny asses worried about their next commercial take and if they have a black eye or not.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

Last nights game was pretty clean, one missed defensive holding near the goal line was the major miss of the night. But really, don't the normal refs miss the same types of calls last night.

Another gaff was they botched the descriptor on a false start by calling it offsides.

Watching the game, I think they let the secondary play a little bit more aggressive than normal, but that even with the normal crews vary from crew to crew.

Overall.. they really had no impact on the game. In fact, the shot on Eli was probably a subjective call in which they sided on player safety by enforcing the roughing. Up yours De.

They are not going to be perfect.. but then again neither are the normal crews. But because the attention is focused on them, we are highlighting everything. Pop in a game from last season and focus on the officiating.. your going to see missed calls throughout the game. The focus just wasn't as intense on it.

I did't see the game, but that's what I heard. Hopefully this is a good sign that they won't be as terrible as I've seen them. Of course, that was only one game.. we have a whole Sunday to look at as well. But as of right now, the replacement refs are 1-0. Good for them.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
11 years ago
The Packers game... I will admit that the refs have been overly involved due to mistakes or bad calls.

Some against the Packers.. some have helped them. This has been a poorly reffed game.

But been pretty evenly split in poor calls.
Formo
11 years ago
Replacement refs looked terrible in the 2+ games I watched today. While they didn't botch plays as bad as they did in the Packer/Niner game, the Vikings refs most certainly looked like HS refs.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
porky88
11 years ago

The Packers game... I will admit that the refs have been overly involved due to mistakes or bad calls.

Some against the Packers.. some have helped them. This has been a poorly reffed game.

But been pretty evenly split in poor calls.

I got tired of the announcers harping on angry coaches, because we all know the coaches never got mad at the regular officials. [sarcasm]

The lack of consistency is troubling. I don't mind late calls. The game's moving very fast, so they need time to react, but we need consistency. They weren't consistent in the Green Bay game. A couple of lucky plays and you could argue San Francisco was cheated out of a major road win had Green Bay came back.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.