zombieslayer
11 years ago

I've eaten worse, but it was usually a Quervo induced evening.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Worse than balut?

I think I'd rather not know. [puke]
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
11 years ago

Worse than balut?

I think I'd rather not know. [puke]

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Let your dirty mind take a walk in the gutter.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Let your dirty mind take a walk in the gutter.

Geez.

That doesn't count.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

Geez.

That doesn't count.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Ever had head cheese, or pickeled pigs feet? How about liver sausage, it actually looks like diareha coming out of the grinder. Yummy!

Yeah I'd eat that sick shit posted.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

Ever had head cheese, or pickeled pigs feet? How about liver sausage, it actually looks like diareha coming out of the grinder. Yummy!

Don't like head cheese. But pigs feet are good.

And liver...well, braunschweiger with a mild cheese and strong onions rocks.

And, yes, I eat lutefisk every Christmas. With melted butter (lots), potatoes, lefse, and pepper. Beats the eff out of Norwegian meatballs.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
11 years ago
See.. I don't mind head cheese.. blood sausage is actually better.

The taste of the lutefisk really didn't bother me as much as the smell and to be honest the texture. If I didn't lose a bet, I would have spit it out upon it hitting my tongue.

In college, I had a roommate from India, I seen him leave chicken out in the kitchen for a day at a time and eat it. I think I would rather try that then Lutefisk again.

Or maybe it was just how I prepared it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
11 years ago
BTW.. how in the world did we so rapidly leap from quality crafted DVD's to the outer reaches of the human dietary choices?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I've had pig brains. Bitter yuckiness. I hate liver. It's also too bitter. Pickled pigs feet are actually good.

Other things I don't like - jellyfish, taste is good but it's like chewing on tires. Sea cucumbers, yuck. Bad taste, bad texture.

Sea snails actually were quite good. Jumping salad was delicious (it's live shrimp and they jump up and down until you put a bowl over them for 5 minutes, then they're dead and you eat them). Fish eyeballs are pretty good. Crunchy though if overcooked.

Balut (as seen above), couldn't get past the smell. So it never entered my mouth.

Any sausage pretty much are guts and poor quality meat. So any time you eat sausage, you're eating nastiness. But dang, the Zombieslayer loves sausage.

Beef tongue is delicious. Had it only once at a Jewish restaurant in LA (only time I've ever eaten Jewish food) and I loved it. Some of the best tasting meat I've ever tried.

Wade made us fat goose liver. That was delicious, but Mrs. Z didn't like it.

I don't like most Indian food, although I have an American friend of Indian decent who cooks awesome food. Maybe she's from a different region? I don't know.

I had Ethiopian food with a vegetarian ex and I thought it was mushy yuck yuck, but I'll have to give it another try with someone who's not vegetarian.

Filipino food can be quite weird. Bile actually isn't that bad. Bittermelon has to be fresh or else it gets too bitter to eat. Then of course, real poncit has assorted chicken guts in it.

Love Thai. Love Vietnamese. Real pho has beef stomach in it and it's yummy.

Love Italian. (If Olive Garden is your example of Italian food, punch yourself in the crotch).

British food sucks, EXCEPT for fish and chips. Yum. Their beer is good though. They get one thing right.

German food is underrated.

French food - the verdict is still out.

Czech & Russian cuisines I've barely sampled so no opinion yet.

Spanish food's good.

Of course, any Latin American country is da bomb. They know how to eat. Cuban, Mexican, etc. All good.

Southern food & Soul food are both da bomb but both will kill you.

New Zealand food is quite awful. They eat mutton and their definition of mutton is different from ours. Their mutton is old, yucky lamb. Not the good stuff that Wade or me cook.

I'm just getting started, but I'll be rambling all day if I start talking about food. One of my favorite subjects. The Packers, food, boobs, music, I can talk about those 4 subjects all day long.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

See.. I don't mind head cheese.. blood sausage is actually better.

The taste of the lutefisk really didn't bother me as much as the smell and to be honest the texture. If I didn't lose a bet, I would have spit it out upon it hitting my tongue.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Oh, I definitely agree with the smell issue. Changes in packing and packaging have made it better, but I remember as a kid when the smell would permeate the house. It's hard to get enthusiastic about eating anything that smells that bad.

As for the texture, that's part of why it's important to eat it "together" with the potatoes, lefse, and butter. Again, I remember when I ate it as a kid, and I've seen this a dozen times when in-laws or outsiders are introduced to the stuff, they have them "try a little bit" and what they do is put a couple flakes of the fish together with a bit of the butter and eat it "straight." No way in hell. I ate Norwegian meatballs for Christmas (the only other protein we had for the meal) until I was 16 because of that first "taste." Bleh.

But if you spread a thick layer of riced/mashed potatoes on one side of a sheet of buttered lefse, then a layer of flaked and separated fish, then a good quantity of melted butter over that so that the potatoes are well soaked, add a bit of pepper, then fold the other half of lefse over the top -- when you take a bite the texture is barely noticeable. Really, most of taste is of butter and potatoes with the texture of heavy bread. And who doesn't like potatoes, bread, and butter?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
Actually, I think it was duck, not goose, zombieslayer. I can never remember which animal gets abused to make foie gras. [grin1]

But it was definitely liver. How could I forget favorite politically-incorrect food? [grin1]

(probably since I haven't had it since you and the missus left.)