IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
The Justice Department is actually conducting a "criminal" investigation into a youtube video about Muhammad.

Can someone tell me what crime he has committed? A lot of liberals think this guy should be arrested. Do they think anyone who criticizes Christianity should be arrested too? (No, they don't. Liberals are hypocrites)

Its about time we stopped coddling these asshole terrorists. Our government has basically said, "Sorry about the Muhammad video. We probably deserved to be attacked. Carry on."

We need a leader with some balls that will tell these Islamic shit holes to go fuck themselves. The only thing they have that we "need" is oil. We need to find different sources of energy so we don't have to do business with these scumbags anymore.

Our country is great because we value freedom over everything else. If we arrest a guy for making a shitty youtube video our founding fathers would roll over in their graves.

zombieslayer
11 years ago
If they arrest this guy for making a shitty video, then the government SHOULD be overthrown. Period.

Americans have the RIGHT to offend. That's one of the most important Rights in the Constitution. I may not always like it, but that's yours and my Right.

And yes, the double standard sucks shit. Liberals love to suck off Muslims. You'll see them insult Jesus every chance they get, but Mohammed is untouchable. Go figure.

(And for the record, I have NEVER met a Muslim I didn't like. Nor a Mormon nor a Methodist. They've always been cool to me so I like 'em all. But slaughtering sacred cows is as American as apple pie).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Formo
11 years ago
And this is why I missed you so much, IM!! NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN!! 😠
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Cheesey
11 years ago
IRONMAN!!!
SO good to see you are still with us!
And i agree with what you and Zombie said!
UserPostedImage
macbob
11 years ago
According to the news, the feds are NOT investigating the production of the video. The feds are investigating him for parole violation.

News reports  are saying he was on probation for bank fraud conspiracy from stealing identities & SSANs and stealing $790K from others accounts, transferring them into accounts set up with fake identities, and then withdrawing the funds through ATMs.

He pleaded no-contest to the charges, was sentenced to 21 months in federal prison. He was released early on probation, with the news reporting that the terms of his parole included being barred from assuming aliases and using computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

It's not relevant to this issue per se, but says a little about the guy himself--he served 1 year in prison in 1997 for possession of meth with intent to manufacture. He's not a pristine individual.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

According to the news, the feds are NOT investigating the production of the video. The feds are investigating him for parole violation.

News reports  are saying he was on probation for bank fraud conspiracy from stealing identities & SSANs and stealing $790K from others accounts, transferring them into accounts set up with fake identities, and then withdrawing the funds through ATMs.

He pleaded no-contest to the charges, was sentenced to 21 months in federal prison. He was released early on probation, with the news reporting that the terms of his parole included being barred from assuming aliases and using computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

It's not relevant to this issue per se, but says a little about the guy himself--he served 1 year in prison in 1997 for possession of meth with intent to manufacture. He's not a pristine individual.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

OK, good. Well, not good, but you know what I mean. I'd be really pissed if they went after him for the video.

Yes, there are plenty of shitty people out there. But you could be a great person and have stupid political ideas or a lousy person and be right on. I'm not saying I agree with the video (I haven't even seen it), but Freedom of Speech is almost absolute. The only things you can't do are slander, violations of privacy (like posting your SSN and credit card numbers online), or violations of copyright (like I can't post a poem you wrote and claim I wrote it). Or you can't directly threaten an individual. Everything else is fair game, even offensive speech.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
funny thing is, the rights aren't supposed to just protect choir boys.

that's the problem when courts give broad conduct bans ("no internet") that mean punishment disproportionate ("restrict freedom of speech") to the offense ("defraud a bank").

Should the probation that follows completion of a prison term for an offense be able to trump the First Amendment?

It's that damnable distinction between "civil rights" and "natural rights" again. If freedom to speak and associate is simply a government-created "civil" right? Or is it something that exists prior to the Constitution?

The Supremes of course will say its "merely" the former, and will defer to the terms of the probation. According to the Supremes, freedom of speech is nothing close to an absolute, I'm afraid, zombieslayer.

Because the Supremes, as usual, are full of shit.

And "Justice Department" is an oxymoron.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
11 years ago

that's the problem when courts give broad conduct bans ("no internet") that mean punishment disproportionate ("restrict freedom of speech") to the offense ("defraud a bank").

Should the probation that follows completion of a prison term for an offense be able to trump the First Amendment?

It's that damnable distinction between "civil rights" and "natural rights" again. If freedom to speak and associate is simply a government-created "civil" right? Or is it something that exists prior to the Constitution?

The Supremes of course will say its "merely" the former, and will defer to the terms of the probation. According to the Supremes, freedom of speech is nothing close to an absolute, I'm afraid, zombieslayer.

Because the Supremes, as usual, are full of shit.

And "Justice Department" is an oxymoron.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Oh, I agree. Rights are something that your God or Goddess gives you. They're not something that come from the government. A lot of Americans don't understand that.

Let's take a horrible person. Let's say some drunk asshole beat someone up really badly and took his wallet, then stole his car and crashed it and injured a nun. That person after he gets out of jail STILL SHOULD have the same Rights as anyone else, because as bad as that asshole was, he's still created by God (or Goddess if you're a Pagan) and still has Rights given to him by his Creator.

Now let's hypothetically say this person gets into politics and has some pretty good ideas how to fix this country. Bringing up his past is still an Argument Ad Hominem. Yes, he was a total scumbag. But that has nothing to do with whether or not his ideas hold any merit. I wouldn't want him babysitting my kids or alone with my wife, but I may still vote for him.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
macbob
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Yes.

But your question is wrong--probation is the stipulations on a prisoner who is released BEFORE completing his sentence. Once he's completed his sentence, he's paid his debt to society and is simply released WITHOUT probation terms.

Nobody's making him accept probation. If he doesn't like the probation terms, he can finish out his jail sentence.

I'm not going to blame the government for sticking this butthead back in jail if he doesn't abide by the probation rules HE AGREED TO in order to be released from jail early.

In this case, I think the probation (no internet, no aliases, etc) likely wasn't 'disproportionate', but was imposed because he used the internet in his crime to steal people's IDs, etc. But that's beside the point. If he doesn't like the terms, he doesn't have to get out of jail early.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
Well, I tried watching the preview of that movie and it's downright awful. I couldn't even get past the preview.

If I were Muslim, I wouldn't be offended by it. Instead, I'd laugh at how crappy it is.

It's like getting made fun of by a four-year-old. If you get offended, the problem is you, not the four-year-old.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.