Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
I wasn't going to post this, but so many people have been asking how i am doing, so i figured i'd update you all.
It hasn't been good.
I have been having SERIOUS memory problems. I'm afraid i might be getting alzheimers. (sp)?
It's happening every day, several times a day. Not just your "normal" forgeting where you put something.
The other day, i turned on the oven to bake some pork chops, and a few minutes later my wife yells to me "Why is the newspaper on top of the stove?"
She smelled the paper getting hot. I never do dumb things like that. Another time, i poured myself some juice, and then spent 30 minutes trying to figure out where i put the glass. (We only have 2 of these certain glasses, and i had one) turns out i never poured the juice. I found the other glass upstairs empty, next to my chair.
That's only 2 examples. I'd tell you more, but i can't remember them right now. (lol)
I'm having trouble spelling too, which i always was good at. I already had to fix 3 mistakes in this post.

Also, my wife's unemployment has run out now, and she has been trying really hard to find work. So it's just another pressure. So i have no idea what we are going to do. God has provided, and i have to just keep the faith that He will keep doing so.
If i could hide this possible illness from my wife, i would. But she sees it happening to me, and i can't hide it. She doesn't need (another mistake) this added stress.
So, if you believe in prayer, PLEASE put us on your prayer list.
Thank you!!!
Cheesey (AL)

Oh....just told my wife what i posted. She thinks what's happening to me might very well be something to do with my heart. She say it with her dad after his heart surgeries. He had mini strokes that showed the same kind of memory losses. So great....maybe my heart is acting up again. I won;t go through another open heart. Once was enough. Besides of which i have no health insurance now.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
11 years ago
Cheesey, I pray that God will bless you and your wife with health, happiness and financial security.
Hang in there my Lambeau Field friend.
Packerchick
11 years ago
Well Cheesey, all I can do is wish the best for you and that you stay as strong as you can. Man, with you it rains, it pours.
I am a woman and I love football.
macbob
11 years ago
Agree with your wife that the memory issues could be something else. My mom has similar issues, hers is due to fluctuations in her blood sugar. This could be something treatable-are there any clinics in the area that offer check-ups/care for people without health insurance?

Cheesey, we'll definitely add you and your family to our prayers.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
Wishing you best, amigo.

Stress can also impair one's memory. Praying that it's that and not Alzheimer's.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. šŸ‡¹šŸ‡¹ šŸ‡²šŸ‡² šŸ‡¦šŸ‡·
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
11 years ago
Thank you all for the loving words.
My wife also was saying it might be due to my diabetes.
We have tried to get help through the local hospital's free clinic. The bad part is, they are basing our eligabilty based on what my wife USED to make when she had her job. So that puts us out of their range. It's stupid, as it's not what we make NOW. I did get a 3 month supply of my meds from them, which helps, but it doesn't help me as far as what's going on now.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Cheesey.. don't let panic set.. there are many causes for forgetfulness... look at Jay Cutler.. stress causes him to forget the color of his teams jersey. :)

I hope for the best for you.. may life throw you a BP ball that you can smash over the right field porch.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
11 years ago
You made me smile Shawn!

Right now i'm more worried about how this is affecting my wife's recovery. And the people that are supposed to be helping her get work have been playing "hot potato" with her, each saying "Go to so and so, and they will help you" and she just keeps getting passed off from one to another, none of which has been any help. Typical "government" workers.

Also, my wife is getting bills from her back surgery last year. Bills that were, or SHOULD have been paid by her insurance. She had the surgery at the very end of her coverage, and she TOLD them to send them in RIGHT AWAY so they would be paid. But the hospital dragged their collective feet, and we are getting billed for 12 grand that of course we don't have.

As it was, she was "kicked out" of the hospital and couldn't get the rehab she SHOULD have had after surgery because the damn hospital kept putting off the surgery until one week before the insurance lapsed.
Seems it's always going that way for us.

I know that others have these types of things happening to them too, but that gives me no solace.

Plus, because people can't SEE anything wrong with her (she has to walk slow, as she still has to "tell" her legs to move)they treat her badly. We were parked in a handicap spot (she has the tag from the doctor) and some dumbass had the nerve to chastise her for parking in a disabled spot. They don't SEE the 7 inch scar on her back. Had i been there when it happened, i would have ripped that woman a new A-hole. My wife was so caught off guard, she didn't know what to say.

(If my wife would have known what was comming, that woman would have found herself on her back in the parking lot![grin1] )
UserPostedImage
Packerchick
11 years ago

You made me smile Shawn!

Right now i'm more worried about how this is affecting my wife's recovery. And the people that are supposed to be helping her get work have been playing "hot potato" with her, each saying "Go to so and so, and they will help you" and she just keeps getting passed off from one to another, none of which has been any help. Typical "government" workers.

Also, my wife is getting bills from her back surgery last year. Bills that were, or SHOULD have been paid by her insurance. She had the surgery at the very end of her coverage, and she TOLD them to send them in RIGHT AWAY so they would be paid. But the hospital dragged their collective feet, and we are getting billed for 12 grand that of course we don't have.

As it was, she was "kicked out" of the hospital and couldn't get the rehab she SHOULD have had after surgery because the damn hospital kept putting off the surgery until one week before the insurance lapsed.
Seems it's always going that way for us.

I know that others have these types of things happening to them too, but that gives me no solace.

Plus, because people can't SEE anything wrong with her (she has to walk slow, as she still has to "tell" her legs to move)they treat her badly. We were parked in a handicap spot (she has the tag from the doctor) and some dumbass had the nerve to chastise her for parking in a disabled spot. They don't SEE the 7 inch scar on her back. Had i been there when it happened, i would have ripped that woman a new A-hole. My wife was so caught off guard, she didn't know what to say.

(If my wife would have known what was comming, that woman would have found herself on her back in the parking lot![grin1] )

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Some people can be so blind and insensitive toward others.[sarcasm] Your wife dosent deserve that. I wish you both the best and that things will get better, they should. Like I said in the previous post, it rains and it pours on you, hope for sunnier days ahead. šŸ‘

I am a woman and I love football.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
Gee, Alan, that's sucky news, that is. But remember, if it is the heart, remember that though your physical heart may say it's weak, we all know your real heart is both true and strong. And more important, He knows it is.

He still has his arms around you and your wife both. Never doubt it.

I am not sure why, but for some reason, the words of the fifth Hank, come to mind...

Whatā€™s he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are markā€™d to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
Godā€™s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
Godā€™s peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that manā€™s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is callā€™d the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is namā€™d,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say ā€œTo-morrow is Saint Crispian.ā€
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say ā€œThese wounds I had on Crispianā€™s day.ā€
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But heā€™ll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly remembā€™red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall neā€™er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he neā€™er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accursā€™d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispinā€™s day.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (18h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.