wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I couldn't care less about him. With that said, if he did come out and clearly say that yes he it was an interception and yes he clearly committed offensive pass interference and clearly states yes the Packers won the game. I would respect him more.

I bet there are a lot of players who are going to trash talk the Seahawks ... "refs aint gonna give you this game you better man up"

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

yep. yet he only half admitted it. he still gets no respect from me. He says he did PI but how can he deny it? Then he says it was heat of the moment. PFFT I guess that makes it acceptable. He is a professional and he is playing "backyard" style? give me a break. He knew these refs would not call him for it on the last play of the game so he did it.

He still doesn't say it was an int. He still doesn't say the refs blew the call and gave Seattle the win that they don't deserve. He still isn't a man.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
This whole situation sucks.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Cheesey
11 years ago
What can you do?
Fact is, the Seahawks were handed the game.
And Roger NOGoodell won't right the wrong, because he's spineless.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago
I am moving on. Only now, it is with ZERO respect for Roger Goodell.

Does anyone here really think it was the actual bad call(s) in the national spotlight of MNF that forced the owners hands to bring the refs back? I doubt it. I think it was the public backlash, with threats from fans to boycott further games with replacement refs, and subsequent admonishments from the NFL's network advertisers. Money talkin' to money. Money won. Ad dollars pay the networks, pay the owners... etc.

How can a Commissioner NOT want to assume some level of control at this point? This is not going away because we have the regular refs back. He should have assumed ultimate authority as Commissioner on all game ending scores. The NHL does it. Don't we ALL want it to be RIGHT?

"Spineless" is right Cheesey.
nerdmann
11 years ago

I am moving on. Only now, it is with ZERO respect for Roger Goodell.

Does anyone here really think it was the actual bad call(s) in the national spotlight of MNF that forced the owners hands to bring the refs back? I doubt it. I think it was the public backlash, with threats from fans to boycott further games with replacement refs, and subsequent admonishments from the NFL's network advertisers. Money talkin' to money. Money won. Ad dollars pay the networks, pay the owners... etc.

How can a Commissioner NOT want to assume some level of control at this point? This is not going away because we have the regular refs back. He should have assumed ultimate authority as Commissioner on all game ending scores. The NHL does it. Don't we ALL want it to be RIGHT?

"Spineless" is right Cheesey.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

It wasn't the bad call. CALLS.

It wasn't the public backlash. It wasn't the threats to boycott.

It was the fans turning on Goodell personally. He values his popularity and position above the game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

One night later, the NFL's most infamous ref was spotted having a good time at Club Habanos in North Fresno -- even taking pictures with people.

One guy talking football with a buddy had no idea Lance Easley was within earshot.

"He overheard me talking about the game and I was like that was the worst call I've ever seen and then he looked at me and then he flipped me off and left," said Nick Brockett of Fresno, "I thought that was rude and then they're like, 'that was the ref.'"

ABC  wrote:

UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Interesting find. Remarkable that the guy isn't drowning in humility after making one of the worst ref calls in history. Another example to never underestimate the stupidity of others. Unless he was on the take of course.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
mi_keys
11 years ago

Interesting find. Remarkable that the guy isn't drowning in humility after making one of the worst ref calls in history. Another example to never underestimate the stupidity of others. Unless he was on the take of course.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

The guy still thinks he made the right call.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/27/ref-who-ruled-golden-tate-touchdown-still-thinks-it-was-the-right-call/ 

“It was the correct call,” Easley told TMZ. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Unfortunately, in defending the call, Easley seemed to indicate that he still doesn’t understand the NFL’s rules on simultaneous possession.

“You have to not only have the ball but have either two feet or a body part on the ground, and that never happened,” Easley said.

But that’s not what the rules of the NFL say. The rules say, “It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.” So Jennings didn’t need to have possession with either two feet or a body part on the ground. He just needed to have control of the ball first and then possession.

Easley comes off as a daft twunt.

I wish more officials would behave the way Jim Joyce did after he blew that perfect game for the Detroit Tigers a few years ago. MIstakes happen. Own up to them and we'll respect you. Act like an arrogant, infallible dick and you'll get torn to pieces.
Born and bred a cheesehead
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

I was wondering about this on Day 1.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

The guy still thinks he made the right call.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/27/ref-who-ruled-golden-tate-touchdown-still-thinks-it-was-the-right-call/ 

Easley comes off as a daft twunt.

I wish more officials would behave the way Jim Joyce did after he blew that perfect game for the Detroit Tigers a few years ago. MIstakes happen. Own up to them and we'll respect you. Act like an arrogant, infallible dick and you'll get torn to pieces.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

exactly. during this week I have been thinking of Joyce.
UserPostedImage