Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline alldaybaby  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:45:22 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/6/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Fine if you've got Sky, i don't and many others don't. I can get Sky Sports for a hefty fee on my Cable.If you want to expand the fan base in the UK it needs to go out on Terrestrial TV, like it did back in the day on Channel 4




believe me that will never happen , sky paid a hefty fee to insure that it doesn't , they even outbid NASN which is a channel dedicated solely to american sports , not trying to be nosey but how much is skysports on cable ?, i pay 12 euros a week which is about a tenner in sterling , and its great value for money seeing as you get about 800 channels along with all the sports channels , o.k you can only watch one channel at the time , but the choice is there
Offline alldaybaby  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:48:07 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/6/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It's never on here either, I've seen one game in my entire life on regular cable TV... the Seahawks - Steelers superbowl.

It's kind of a vicious circle atm. The game isn't very well known and/or popular so it doesn't get alot of time on time. No one finds out about it and the game doesn't get more popular.

Internet seems to be changing that though, never knew there where this much other non-American people that liked the sport.



so were are you ?
Offline Rockmolder  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:08:06 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 225
Applause Received: 356
The Netherlands.

And the superbowl broadcast was more of a big commercial for the Amsterdam Admirals... at 1:00 am or so.

In all honesty, there are some play-off games on German tv, but I can't stand their chatter and without commentating it gets somewhat boring.

BBC usually has the SB aswell, at least, it did last year (as you know, I guess) but had to go to school the day after. Not gonna miss it this year though :p.
Offline PresterJohn  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:58:50 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Fine if you've got Sky, i don't and many others don't. I can get Sky Sports for a hefty fee on my Cable.If you want to expand the fan base in the UK it needs to go out on Terrestrial TV, like it did back in the day on Channel 4




believe me that will never happen , sky paid a hefty fee to insure that it doesn't , they even outbid NASN which is a channel dedicated solely to american sports , not trying to be nosey but how much is skysports on cable ?, i pay 12 euros a week which is about a tenner in sterling , and its great value for money seeing as you get about 800 channels along with all the sports channels , o.k you can only watch one channel at the time , but the choice is there


Well i think the NFL recognises the need to expand the fan base using terrestrial - its given the superbowl to the BBC last year and this year, and the Wembley match was broadcast live by the bbc this year.

For me each sky sports channel cost 20 / month, thats on top of what i already pay and per individual channel. I've got friends who subscribe so i can visit them instead :)
Offline alldaybaby  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:02:48 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/6/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The Netherlands.

And the superbowl broadcast was more of a big commercial for the Amsterdam Admirals... at 1:00 am or so.

In all honesty, there are some play-off games on German tv, but I can't stand their chatter and without commentating it gets somewhat boring.

BBC usually has the SB aswell, at least, it did last year (as you know, I guess) but had to go to school the day after. Not gonna miss it this year though :p.



first off .....i wanna say sorry if i've ever said anything out of line to you , sometimes i forget myself that kids could be using this forum , not trying to be condersending it just you mentioned you had to go to bed because you had school in the morning so i just assumed you're younger than i thought .........anyways yes you're right the BBC has shown the last 3 SBs i believe but skysports have great coverage and analysis , and a couple of really good presenters i tried to watch last years on the bbc but got bored with the people presenting it that i soon swithched back to sky ,

and i lol'd at the dig at the germans, i've been to holland a number of times when i was big into soccer i still am but don't really go to games much its a nice country
Offline alldaybaby  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:07:40 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/6/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Fine if you've got Sky, i don't and many others don't. I can get Sky Sports for a hefty fee on my Cable.If you want to expand the fan base in the UK it needs to go out on Terrestrial TV, like it did back in the day on Channel 4




believe me that will never happen , sky paid a hefty fee to insure that it doesn't , they even outbid NASN which is a channel dedicated solely to american sports , not trying to be nosey but how much is skysports on cable ?, i pay 12 euros a week which is about a tenner in sterling , and its great value for money seeing as you get about 800 channels along with all the sports channels , o.k you can only watch one channel at the time , but the choice is there


Well i think the NFL recognises the need to expand the fan base using terrestrial - its given the superbowl to the BBC last year and this year, and the Wembley match was broadcast live by the bbc this year.

For me each sky sports channel cost 20 / month, thats on top of what i already pay and per individual channel. I've got friends who subscribe so i can visit them instead :)


damn them cable copamies know how to screw people so that would be 60 a month just for the 3 main sports channels , it cost less for the whole package of 800 or so channels
Offline Rockmolder  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:36:09 PM(UTC)
Rank: Veteran Member

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 225
Applause Received: 356
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
The Netherlands.

And the superbowl broadcast was more of a big commercial for the Amsterdam Admirals... at 1:00 am or so.

In all honesty, there are some play-off games on German tv, but I can't stand their chatter and without commentating it gets somewhat boring.

BBC usually has the SB aswell, at least, it did last year (as you know, I guess) but had to go to school the day after. Not gonna miss it this year though :p.



first off .....i wanna say sorry if i've ever said anything out of line to you , sometimes i forget myself that kids could be using this forum , not trying to be condersending it just you mentioned you had to go to bed because you had school in the morning so i just assumed you're younger than i thought .........anyways yes you're right the BBC has shown the last 3 SBs i believe but skysports have great coverage and analysis , and a couple of really good presenters i tried to watch last years on the bbc but got bored with the people presenting it that i soon swithched back to sky ,

and i lol'd at the dig at the germans, i've been to holland a number of times when i was big into soccer i still am but don't really go to games much its a nice country


Np, I'm 17, it's just that going to bed at 4:00 and having to wake up at 7:00 isn't gonna work out.

I've been to just one soccer game, as the sport got boring after I played it for 5 years. I watch it on TV occasionally, but I don't wanna spent my money on something that could get me at time at half-time.

That's why I wanna get the Packers here. The Admirals where ok, I guess. They had Ruvell Martin, Kurt Warner etc. But it's like getting a practice squad to play for you, while Brett Favre is slinging it around in GB.

Lets hope this sport gets bigger here, so we can get some quality players from this side of the pond aswell. For as far as I know, there have been just 2 Dutch NFL Players, a little interest and media attention for the sport, and our league wouldn't be that much of a cupcake league anymore.
Offline vegOmatic  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:32:12 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)
Applause Received: 3
It really only affects season ticket holders in terms of attending the game. The group that will be outraged the most are those who sell their tickets for a profit since you'd be taking a game away from them.

Business owners and lawn-parking would lose that much income too.

As for me, I would be glad if they took away a December game. I'd save $120 in tickets AND wouldn't have to drive in the snow and sit in the cold.
Offline alldaybaby  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:57:13 PM(UTC)
Rank: Registered

Joined: 11/6/2008(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
It really only affects season ticket holders in terms of attending the game. The group that will be outraged the most are those who sell their tickets for a profit since you'd be taking a game away from them.

Business owners and lawn-parking would lose that much income too.

As for me, I would be glad if they took away a December game. I'd save $120 in tickets AND wouldn't have to drive in the snow and sit in the cold.


IT will never be a december game , the reason being is the teams that travel over always have their bye week following , both games so far have been week 8 , i think that will carry on
Offline PWT36  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:40:46 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

United States
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 39
If the P ackers are scheduled to go over to London for regular season game. The Packers will go . There is no discussion.

If it is A Pa cker home game lost- , the NFL will pay the Packer's for the revenue lost at Packer home game at LF. But the Green Bay area Economy takes a hit for on lost home game weekend . This amounts to around $4M lost to the economy of GB. Businesses such as Hotels, Taverns, Restaurants, gas station ,shopping centers and points of interest (attractions) are the losers. Business persons in GB will not be happy about losing revenue, because the Packers lose a home game in Green Bay, because NFL schedules the Packer s in London.

But the Green Bay Packer organization voted to play regular NFL season games in London, when NFL owners had vote on the NFL teams playing games in London.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h): uh oh ---> Size of database: 666 MB
Zero2Cool (3-May): Packers annual shareholders meeting will be held on July 21 at 11 a.m.
Zero2Cool (2-May): Packers decline option on former first-round pick Datone Jones
Zero2Cool (2-May): For the public
Zero2Cool (2-May): OTA practices: May 24, June 2 and June 6
Smokey (1-May): Pecan Waffles !
gbguy20 (30-Apr): i like waffles
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr): mmm Waffles
IronMan (30-Apr): seriously. Waffle House
IronMan (30-Apr): Waffle House!
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): In unrelated news, a six figure sum was wired to Dr James Andrews bank account in the Cayman Islands
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.
wpr (29-Apr): 64321 is still available
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): thanks wpr, now i have to change it :(
wpr (29-Apr): Right. Mucky is 12346. Big difference.
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): because i'm smarter than he is ;)
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): 12345 didn't fare well for Tunsil, what makes you think it will for you?
Mucky Tundra (29-Apr): I don't want to reset my password
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): First round is over. Reset your passwords.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr): Thompson on Clark: We thought he was the best player available.
IronMan (28-Apr): Brady won his appeal. no suspension.
Yerko (28-Apr): Happy Draft Day everyone!
Pack93z (28-Apr): Buckeye players that is... speaking of that, anyone see Buckeye around?
Pack93z (28-Apr): You certainly can have enough Buckeyes.... and 1 is probably too many. lol.
Zero2Cool (27-Apr): draft chat party tomorrow boys/girls welcome come all
wpr (27-Apr): Hawk is a FA
IronMan (27-Apr): AJ Hawk is still in the NFL?
FLORIDA PACKER88 (27-Apr): You can Never have Enough Buckeyes! Lets sign Lil animal Laurinitis and Hawk and put em both in the middle! ;)
wpr (26-Apr): 48 hrs until Christmas!
Zero2Cool (26-Apr): We have one too many Buckeye on the team already!!
Porforis (26-Apr): AJ Hawk released. Lol if the packers picked him up, would make for some spirited debate
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): Tom Brady re-suspended for four games. Boring.
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): and next year it'll take 24 seconds to do 2017 ;-)
Zero2Cool (25-Apr): 2016 NFL Pick'em schedule ... done!
IronMan (25-Apr): ball for 14 seconds and doesn't even get a shot off. lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout

Current Headlines

2016 Opponents
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 12:00 PM
at Jaguars
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:30 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 12:00 AM
BYE
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 7:30 PM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Oct 20 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 12:00 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 3:25 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 12:00 PM
at Titans
Sunday, Nov 20 @ 7:30 PM
at Redskins
Monday, Nov 28 @ 7:30 PM
at Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Dec 11 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Dec 18 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Saturday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions

Think About It
Think About It

Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pack93z

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pack93z

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel


Tweeter