nerdmann
11 years ago

Did anyone notice whether the dominant pass coverage was zone or man this game?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Dunno, but Capers brought the kitchen sink on that last drive.

I thought you guys would like that. LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
11 years ago

The Colts had around 18/19 min TOP in 2nd half. We could not get anything going at all, let alone sustain drives. You do the latter, you can keep the other Offense off the field.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Mike McCarthy doesn't have slightest care about time of possession.

ToP is a WCO issue, not a run and shoot concept.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
11 years ago

Did anyone notice whether the dominant pass coverage was zone or man this game?

Tramon seemed to be allowed to play more press coverage, but when Wayne was lining up from the slot it forced Woodson and Burnett to play man (not press). That's what it appeared to me, at least.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

Dunno, but Capers brought the kitchen sink on that last drive.

I thought you guys would like that. LOL

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Well, I did like it better than the 3-man rush approach.

If the kitchen sink wasn't plugged up, it would have worked. The 3-man rush would have failed regardless. :)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
gotarace
11 years ago

Well, I did like it better than the 3-man rush approach.

If the kitchen sink wasn't plugged up, it would have worked. The 3-man rush would have failed regardless. :)

I have to give Luck some credit here also...his pocket presence was exceptional and he stepped up in the pocket making accurate throws under pressure. This kid doesn't look like a rookie.

Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I have to give Luck some credit here also...his pocket presence was exceptional and he stepped up in the pocket making accurate throws under pressure. This kid doesn't look like a rookie.

Originally Posted by: gotarace 

Yeah, I was saying that during the chat. Luck looked really good. Our D got in his face a lot and yet Luck pulled out points when he had to.

I do think that instead of complaining about how bad we were, we should admit that Reggie Wayne DESERVED the game ball. That guy was unstoppable. He somehow came up with the ball no matter what we did.

We were actually putting some good pressure on Luck too. But as you just said, his pocket presence was exceptional. Indy lucked out (no pun intended) being the worst team last year. If Luck plays 10 years, I can see him being one of the NFL's better QBs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
yooperfan
11 years ago

I get that Benson got hurt, but abandoning the run just allowed the Colts to tee off.

But running the ball doesn't help cover Wayne today.. that guy willed the Colts to a win. Incredible display of catching with the hands.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

And they had a rookie QB that just refused to lose.

Pack93z
11 years ago

Wayne showed he still has something left in the tank.

But you get something going on offense, you keep their offense off the field. Even if you are just moving the chains, you are giving your D time to rest and have a bit of a fresher pass-rush.

Additionally, you have pressure being taken off the O-line. As well as limiting Rodgers holding the ball when he can clearly get rid of it to his receiver who has a good chance at the ball.

I've rarely questioned McCarthy as a coach, because so much of the game plays out after the play is called. But I really question what the hell he is doing with his play calling; I am not so sure that he is putting his players in the best position to make plays. That's a huge problem.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

I don't disagree, and I have made the same pleas. It is evident from the outside looking in, so I wonder what we are not seeing from within?

Today I think he was scared away from the run with Benson going down.. but maybe late success with Green will change that. We shall see.

I really am not that upset with this loss... we lost that game on the field, we were beaten by a hungry and determined team. That is a compliment to the Colts today.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
shield4life
11 years ago
Missing Greg Jennings has a bigger impact on this team then we've imagined. We need him back and healthy 100% it's killing us! Trade Finley this off season and re-sign GJ.

Our WR has disappeared this year and our o-line ... pathetic ...

We need to keep pounding the ball with Benson / Starks / Green!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Pack93z
11 years ago

Our WR has disappeared this year and our o-line ... pathetic ...

We need to keep pounding the ball with Benson / Starks / Green!

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

I will disagree, the offensive line play today was fine. Actually the Tackles were damn near perfect today. We can't expect to drop back almost every snap and not expect the defense to just tee off on it.

So yes.. to the second part of the quote.. but oline play and pathetic today don't belong together. IMO.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.