musccy
11 years ago
If you pulled up a post after the Redskins/Dolphins games in 2010, I bet you'd see a similar tone...same thing for the Giants last season who were .500 late in the season.

The Packers have looked hideous in all but one game thus far this season, so heretofore there is little reason for optimism, but very recent history says there's still a chance to see this team turn things around.
TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago
To think that watching the Hulk Hogan sex tape was not the worst thing I saw today is saying something.
StoicFire
11 years ago

Wow this thread is sad. I've been catching up on the other posts too and they look to be just as dire. The sad thing is that they are not kneee jerk reactions from unknowledgeable fans. I could be one of the maddest of posters, as I drove to the game and witnessed this debacle firsthand.

That being said, I'm deeply ashamed of the effort our team put on the field today. The first half was utter dominance in all phases and the second a complete embarrassment. But I'm not ready to turn this season in. Teams that are hot in October rarely even make the Super Bowl. We need a turnaround on offense, no doubt, but I trust Mike McCarthy (who will hopefully learn how to create a running sheme and stick to it) and most of all Aaron Rodgers to be able to lead this team. Super Bowl this year? Right now, probably not. But I'll never give up on our team when we have Aaron under center.

Originally Posted by: coltonja 

Good call. This type of performance warrants anger from the fans, and demands a response from the team. However, and in spite of our record, I still believe this is a GOOD football team. Reactions have been (in my opinion) a little over the top.

In 🇹🇹, 🇲🇲& 🇦🇷 I trust.

"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Good call. This type of performance warrants anger from the fans, and demands a response from the team. However, and in spite of our record, I still believe this is a GOOD football team. Reactions have been (in my opinion) a little over the top.

In 🇹🇹, 🇲🇲& 🇦🇷 I trust.

Originally Posted by: StoicFire 

Check my sig. I believe in 🇹🇹,🇲🇲, and 🇦🇷. I just don't think it's our year. The 2011 D was so bad, it may take 2 years to fix. The O will come with time and should be solid in the 2nd half of the season.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RaiderPride
11 years ago

McCarthys teams have, and never have had, no killer instinct.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Thanks for the brain twister. I love puzzles with my morning coffee.

Yooper this team will get it together. No worries.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
StoicFire
11 years ago

Check my sig. I believe in 🇹🇹,🇲🇲, and 🇦🇷. I just don't think it's our year. The 2011 D was so bad, it may take 2 years to fix. The O will come with time and should be solid in the 2nd half of the season.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I wasn't attacking you personally or anything, I just couldn't believe the tone all across the boards.

I think the D will continue to come on gradually throughout the season. By playoff time it may be of a consistently solid caliber. Six defensive picks and all are nice, but I think a few people's expectations might have been that the problem would be immediately fixed. I'm just gonna try to be patient.

The offense, if healthy, is still really good. I know they're not taking what they can get right now, but I believe it is going to be figured out (and soon). I think they are just yet to find their identity on offense, but when they find it we will be a good offense again. Not as statistically dominant, but good nonetheless.

As for it not being our year you may be right. I made the mistake of writing us off in 2010 though, and I personally don't want to make that mistake again. The season is young yet.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
play2win
11 years ago

In 🇹🇹, 🇲🇲& 🇦🇷 I trust.

I think we have a good team, if you take out a seriously underperforming Finley, and get real accountability from the coaching staff. Every unit had major breakdowns in the 2nd half yesterday. The staff has to get their shit together, and so do the players. I think they are good players, and I'm not quitting on them as a fan, but they are really underperforming. I'll never forget my wife and I giving up after the loss to DET in 2010. Then we lose the next week v. NE. Never thought we had a chance to go to the SB and get the W, but we did.

Our Packers team will have to go on some kind of tear through the NFL the rest of the way. We can still go 13-3, but that is super unlikely. Maybe we finish the season 11-5 or 10-6, and from there, who knows? Can't give up now, but things are not looking good, and there is no harm in stating that which is so obvious.
yooperfan
11 years ago

Thanks for the brain twister. I love puzzles with my morning coffee.

Yooper this team will get it together. No worries.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

That puzzled me this morning too. Too much beer while posting.
But I know what I meant and do believe that.
This team is mirroring their docile kind hearted coach.

I hope you're right about getting it together and deep down I believe you are.
Yesterday after watching my Detroit Tigers pull out game 2 in the ALDS I was on top of the world and then to have the Packers fall the way they did, it was a fall to the depths of hell.
That was hard on this old brain system.

RaiderPride
11 years ago

Yesterday after watching my Detroit Tigers pull out game 2 in the ALDS I was on top of the world.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I am hoping Billy Beane finally gets a W.S. ring. So... Go A's.

Good luck my friend. Both with your Tigers and our Packers.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I wasn't attacking you personally or anything, I just couldn't believe the tone all across the boards.

I think the D will continue to come on gradually throughout the season. By playoff time it may be of a consistently solid caliber. Six defensive picks and all are nice, but I think a few people's expectations might have been that the problem would be immediately fixed. I'm just gonna try to be patient.

The offense, if healthy, is still really good. I know they're not taking what they can get right now, but I believe it is going to be figured out (and soon). I think they are just yet to find their identity on offense, but when they find it we will be a good offense again. Not as statistically dominant, but good nonetheless.

As for it not being our year you may be right. I made the mistake of writing us off in 2010 though, and I personally don't want to make that mistake again. The season is young yet.

I know you weren't attacking me personally. But I readily admit that I'm one of those guys who over-react. When we win, I think we're the greatest team ever and nobody can stop us. When we lose, we're doomed and we'll probably never win a game again.

Of course, slight exaggeration but you get the point.

Long term though, this is a good team. 🇹🇹 is one of the top 5 GMs in the NFL. 🇲🇲 is one of the top 5 play-callers in the NFL. 🇦🇷 is an elite QB, who is just slow starting this year. I think with Aaron, he's getting too greedy. Maybe getting an All Pro nod and an MVP actually backfired and made him believe he can complete a 40+ yard pass on every play.

This team needs to focus. It also needs a morale boost. And it needs something to play for. It needs hunger. It needs leadership.

The D is getting pressure. We're getting our sacks. But it seems like when our D is awesome, our O sputters and vice versa. We need to play as a team.

This ship should be corrected in the second half of the season. If it's too late, we might have a fantastic finish and the morale boost needed for 2013 at the very least.

I see 2013 as our year. If we win it all in 2012, I'll be extremely happy that I was wrong. But I have a Lombardi or bust attitude. I'm not like Vikesrule who is content with his team just not being in last place.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (4h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.