Cal2GreenBay
11 years ago
I HATE to say it, but is the team...really not that good?

Indy had far less talent on the defensive side, than Seattle.

Andrew Luck, I've said in the past, could be the t1000 version of Aaron Rodgers.
It looks like he will be. Even in his Super Bowl year, Aaron couldn't shrug off an athletic big linebacker like Matthews and still make a 30 yard throw.

Aaron does look like he has reached his ceiling.

It just looks like this team has been figured out.

Really tough one to accept today.

And Jay Cutler is 4-1
blank
rabidgopher04
11 years ago
Yeah, it's a little weird. They had everything going for them last year, actually from the last few games of 2010 through the playoffs and into most of 2011. Since then they have looked really average. Aaron's accuracy is down, receivers dropping the ball more often, less calls going the Packers' way, D not getting turnovers. It all adds up to looking mediocre. Maybe they get hot again later in the season.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
blueleopard
11 years ago
They need some sort of spark. Beating Houston will do that, but that's not an easy task. Everything they do works, and J.J. Watt is the early-season DPOY.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
nerdmann
11 years ago

They need some sort of spark. Beating Houston will do that, but that's not an easy task. Everything they do works, and J.J. Watt is the early-season DPOY.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

This teams plays both up and down to it's opponents. Usually.

Occasionally they just straight up shit themselves.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
11 years ago

I HATE to say it, but is the team...really not that good?

Aaron does look like he has reached his ceiling.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

I think last year was probably Aaron reaching his ceiling... and no one should have an issue with that because of his exceptionally high level of play most of last year.

But Aaron this year? He has regressed, it seems. The way the talent around him is playing also has been a major factor in his play, no doubt. But it seems he has regressed as well to holding the ball too long and at times not taking what the defence is giving him.

Frankly, each passing week it's more evident that our team really is not all that good. They may have talent, but cannot translate that into performance.

Perhaps the solution is to have another "come to Jesus" type meeting that our offense had a few years ago, where apparently all offensive players called each other out (O-line block better, WRs execute and catch better, and QB to release the ball sooner). It just shocking the amount we've regressed when we arguably have slightly better talent than last year. It should not be this bad.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Rios39
11 years ago
It seems like we go over the same thing every other year with Rodgers holding onto the ball too long. Actually in both 2009 and early 2010 he was guilty of this but I thought with his play in late 2010 through all of last year that part of him is gone but here it is. The same old thing again. When a blitz is coming you can't stand in there for 4-5 seconds lol it's ridiculous and one of the most embarrassing things for an offense.
blank
nerdmann
11 years ago

It seems like we go over the same thing every other year with Rodgers holding onto the ball too long. Actually in both 2009 and early 2010 he was guilty of this but I thought with his play in late 2010 through all of last year that part of him is gone but here it is. The same old thing again. When a blitz is coming you can't stand in there for 4-5 seconds lol it's ridiculous and one of the most embarrassing things for an offense.

Originally Posted by: Rios39 

The good news is it's something he can work on.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cal2GreenBay
11 years ago

The good news is it's something he can work on.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

It's just funny that Luck handles it better
blank
Packfan87
11 years ago
Let's just trade Rodgers for Luck....? 🤷

Hah...but in all seriousness the game was very discouraging. Our defense is improved over last year, but it won't win us games. I'm just shocked with how poorly our offense has played, and I pray that Mike McCarthy has an answer. I think the only positive thing on our offense right now is Cobb...
Porforis
11 years ago
If we catch half the balls on defense that hit us in the hands, we're 4-1 without breaking a sweat. We've got the talent, we're just not executing. Williams has been dropping a lot of balls, and we've seen a few occasions where multiple DBs are in a position to pick off a pass and they run into each other.
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.