Rios39
11 years ago
The texans didn't look superb against the jets. Have to keep the ball away from watts and they aren't so hot when they have to throw. Need to keep foster at bay it looks like Johnson has lost a step at wr.
blank
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
1 	Sun 	November 21, 2004 	W 	Green Bay Packers 	@ 	Houston Texans 	16 	13 	boxscore
2 	Sun 	December 7, 2008 	L 	Green Bay Packers 		Houston Texans 	21 	24 	boxscore

37 points for
37 points against

This game tips the tide towards one team. The home has lost each of the battles! Who will win?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Cushing will be out.. the middle of that defense just became easier to run upon.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
yooperfan
11 years ago

Cushing will be out.. the middle of that defense just became easier to run upon.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

So, I wonder if McCarthy will play to that advantage or play stubborn.

porky88
11 years ago

5. Take advantage of their special teams.

The Texans are in the bottom third of the league in punt return coverage and kick return coverage. We need to take advantage of those weaknesses and give us an assist in field position.

Texans, to me, is going to be a similar game to the Niners. And we should of and could have won that game.

We can win this game.. this is not a team that cannot be beaten. We should have a chance to win this game late or hold the lead late. Time to rectify some demons. We just need to play up to our potential and eliminate mistakes as often as possible.

------

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I thought the 49ers dominated Green Bay. There wasn't any point during the game where I felt the Packers were in control.

Regardless, I fully expect Green Bay to keep this week within a touchdown because that's just how the Packers roll. With the exception of the playoff game versus the Giants, I can't remember receiving a beat down during the Mike McCarthy/Aaron Rodgers era.

However, I don't think they can win without Randall Cobb having a career showing. He needs to affect this game via special teams, running the ball, and in the receiving game. It may take a big return to give the Packers a chance of winning. Because without the return game, I don't know how Green Bay's offense gets going versus a Texan defense that is good enough to limit Aaron Rodgers.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
I simply have no clue.

If they play the way they did most of the first half of the Dolt game, they'll win by 7-10.
If they play/call the game the way they did in the second half, they'll be lucky to be within 30.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
lolleren
11 years ago
Packers 14
Texans 38

Rodgers need to show he is still the same QB as last year, otherwise the score could be even more lopsided.
blank
vikesrule
11 years ago
Matt Schaub currently has a higher QB rating than Rodgers and runs a competent offense that includes a great run game and a pretty effective passing game.
Arian Foster is running great, and TE Owen Daniels and WR Andre Johnson have been performing pretty well.

And unlike the Packers, the Texans offense is not one dimensional.

With Benson out, the Packers are back where they started at the running back position—searching for a dependable ball carrier.
Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 21 times this year, including five in the second half against the Colts last week.

Without facing the threat of a strong running game, and with J.J. Watt leading the NFL in sacks, the Texans will be blitzing and putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers early and often.
Rodgers will be spending more time horizontal than vertical this coming week.

After Week 6, the Packers will be 2-4.

Texans 34 - Packers 17
nerdmann
11 years ago

Matt Schaub currently has a higher QB rating than Rodgers and runs a competent offense that includes a great run game and a pretty effective passing game.
Arian Foster is running great, and TE Owen Daniels and WR Andre Johnson have been performing pretty well.

With Benson out, the Packers are back where they started at the running back position—searching for a dependable ball carrier.
Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 21 times this year, including five in the second half against the Colts last week.

Without facing the threat of a strong running game, and with J.J. Watt leading the NFL in sacks, the Texans will be blitzing and putting pressure on Aaron Rodgers early and often.

Texans 34 - Packers 17

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

We'll play up to our competition.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
lolleren
11 years ago

Texans 34 - Packers 17

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

The Texans will not need to blitz to put Rodgers on his back.

blank