Pack93z
11 years ago

The referee's gifted the Packers 7 points, without that, the game was even further out of control.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It is what it is ( [grin1] ).. end of the day, the Packers had a chance to tie that ball game up.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
[aiee] [aiee] [aiee]
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
Packers didn't do themselves any favors by letting one get away at Indy, but even with a loss this week I'm not gonna start panicking.
Win at home, split on the road, that will give you an 12-4 record.

Well Packers already lost 1 at home so they are looking at 11-5 if they can just hold true to that formula.

2-4 not where you want to be, but not the end of the season either.

I'm predicting a Packer upset, been awhile since Packers were underdogs, I haven't seen the line but presume The Texans are favored.

Packers 27 Texans 26.

Edit: All you need to do is look at turnover differential to figure out the big difference between last year and this year.
Packers have had their chances, they need to start getting those turnovers.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
2 key stats
When we run 20+ times we win.
But, when we run 10 times or less we lose..

It's as simple as that. Teams take advantage of that so easily, and will kill you with no running game.. (49ers and Colts sure did)
After the second quarter against the Colts, we said goodbye to the running game, and let the defense 'try' to win the game for us.
When we run the ball it keeps the clock going and gives the defense a break on the sidelines. (Which worked great for us untill the 2nd half)

The Texans are so successful at this and creates the perfect forumula to winning on offense and defense.
Like what pack93 said they are top 10 in fewest defense snaps. I almost gurrentee most of those teams have the best records in the NFL. Most likely 2 of em' are in the NFC North...

Idc what Running Backs we have they need to run the ball consistantly throughout games. Hopefully Mike McCarthy is realizing it, even though he strictly bases the offense on matchups. (Which really is not a bad thing)

And, is it me or does the Texans remind us of the Bears? Probably me.
warhawk
11 years ago

2 key stats
When we run 20+ times we win.
But, when we run 10 times or less we lose..

It's as simple as that. Teams take advantage of that so easily, and will kill you with no running game.. (49ers and Colts sure did)
After the second quarter against the Colts, we said goodbye to the running game, and let the defense 'try' to win the game for us.
When we run the ball it keeps the clock going and gives the defense a break on the sidelines. (Which worked great for us untill the 2nd half)

The Texans are so successful at this and creates the perfect forumula to winning on offense and defense.
Like what pack93 said they are top 10 in fewest defense snaps. I almost gurrentee most of those teams have the best records in the NFL. Most likely 2 of em' are in the NFC North...

Idc what Running Backs we have they need to run the ball consistantly throughout games. Hopefully Mike McCarthy is realizing it, even though he strictly bases the offense on matchups. (Which really is not a bad thing)

And, is it me or does the Texans remind us of the Bears? Probably me.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Actually, the defense the Colts put up gave us much greater opportunity for success passing the ball then running it. The bumped our wideouts, covered the running lanes while bringing pressure if Rodgers was throwing it.
Our recourse was to BLOCK the pressure, give Rodgers some time, and the WR's to beat their man. We didn't block well and guys were not getting open in the second half.

So for me it was a matter of not executing in the passing game that would have forced Indy out of the D they were playing and into one that may have offered a better chance to run the ball. It was no breakdown that you saw when Green was going nowhere. We were running plays into the teeth and strength of what the defense was in.

I give the Colts credit for the patience they showed but had we put up one more TD in the 3rd Quarter they would have been forced out of their defensive game plan. I was actually surprised the Colts stuck with it after Rodgers wrung them up 3 times but thats why the coaches get the big bucks and we get to watch.

"The train is leaving the station."
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

Actually, the defense the Colts put up gave us much greater opportunity for success passing the ball then running it. The bumped our wideouts, covered the running lanes while bringing pressure if Rodgers was throwing it.
Our recourse was to BLOCK the pressure, give Rodgers some time, and the WR's to beat their man. We didn't block well and guys were not getting open in the second half.

So for me it was a matter of not executing in the passing game that would have forced Indy out of the D they were playing and into one that may have offered a better chance to run the ball. It was no breakdown that you saw when Green was going nowhere. We were running plays into the teeth and strength of what the defense was in.

I give the Colts credit for the patience they showed but had we put up one more TD in the 3rd Quarter they would have been forced out of their defensive game plan. I was actually surprised the Colts stuck with it after Rodgers wrung them up 3 times but thats why the coaches get the big bucks and we get to watch.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

I agree totally with you that they flat out wanted us to beat their agressive play. That being said our offense as a WHOLE played lower than expectations in the second half. Ultimately not beating them, ecspecially in 1 on 1 situations. Buying that 21-3 lead, Mike McCarthy knows now that he made the mistake of telling his team to close it or put it away with 2 Quarters left in the game. Leading to trying to get the big play every series instead of keeping it balanced. Which, kept our D on the field favoring the Colts with momentum.

I'll tip my hat off to the Colts though, for staying in the game and challenging us throughout.

I still think getting away from that run game killed us. Like Zero posted: we had 4 drives that accumulated 3 minutes... one being 21 seconds long.. you just can't have that, and it hurt our defense as well.
Yerko
11 years ago
Packers need to bring their "A game" here to even make this close. Yes, the Texans have played bad teams so far but they are 5-0. They beat the teams they are supposed to beat, the Packers haven't. This Sunday is the absolute best time to turn the ship around and start winning. The Packers need this game more than the Texans do.

I think the Packers get this win, but it won't be easy.

Packers- 28
Texans- 24

GO PACK GO!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
I don't see any way that the Packers win this week.
They are down too many players, and they can't even beat a rookie QB when they have a big half time lead.
Our defense is back to it's old ways of last year, and our offense can't put 4 quarters together.
Yes, i HOPE i'm wrong.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
WR Greg Jennings, TE DJ Williams, TE Jermichael Finley, DT BJ Raji and S Sean Richardson not practicing today....

not good
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Greg Jennings ruled out for Sunday’s trip to Houston
UserPostedImage