Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I think you're mistaken about Greg Jennings. Sure, no one is scared NOW because he's been dinged up. When healthy, you damn well better believe people fear him. That's why he's double covered. He isn't the fast guy, but sure runs a pretty route. Kind of like an Antonio Freeman with better hands.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

Did you all watch the 49ers game?
Alex Smith used his clunky Phillip Rivers type release and wobbled a pass over to Vernon Davis 40 yards down the field and Davis had no one within 8-10 yards of him.

When's the last time you saw Jermichael Finley that open?

It's a 33% knock on Finley, 33% on no running game threat to sell the play action, and 33% on receivers having NO break away speed.

The 9ers threat of a running game, opens up the pass. The threat of Moss opens things up for V.Davis and Crabtree.

There is no major THREAT to the defense like that on the Packers right now.

G. Jennings doesn't scare anyone anymore like Moss.
Finley doesn't scare anyone like V.Davis.
The running game is not bruising like Frank Gore. ONLY Cobb.

All of those non threats result in tight 1 on 1 coverage, nickel packages with DBs clogging throwing lanes, and daring Green Bay to run.

This literally FORCES Aaron Rodgers to play like...well..good old cellphone genital guy. Gunsling it through triple coverage and hope for the best.

Aaron's taking the hit, but he's in his way, calling out his team to raise their games up too.

Fall from Elite is starting to become a good description. From Elite to Very good.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

It's all about abandoning the run, imo.

The Packers dominated the first half, sucked shit in the second.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
11 years ago

I think you're mistaken about Greg Jennings. Sure, no one is scared NOW because he's been dinged up. When healthy, you damn well better believe people fear him. That's why he's double covered. He isn't the fast guy, but sure runs a pretty route. Kind of like an Antonio Freeman with better hands.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I miss seeing his pretty routes. One always stands out when this is brought to attention.

Sorry for being off-topic.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
11 years ago
Can someone...ANYONE...confirm that Rodgers called out the practice squad DBs either in this interview with Wilde or some other recent time? I posted this story and Bears fans keep bringing this up and calling him a douche for it.

I think it is 100% okay to call out the practice squad guys. Those are the guys that are giving you the practice and the opponent's scheme throughout the week. Maybe they are dogging it? Not only that, but Rodgers isn't placing blame everywhere else but himself. He is holding himself accountable and in being a leader, holding others accountable as well. Football is a team game...

One guy actually went as far to say practice squad isn't part of the team. That is where the convo ended...

I remember "back in the day" my coaches would always call out the 2nd stringers for dogging it while being the scout team for the 1st stringers.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Can someone...ANYONE...confirm that Rodgers called out the practice squad DBs either in this interview with Wilde or some other recent time? I posted this story and Bears fans keep bringing this up and calling him a douche for it.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Here are his interviews with Jason Wilde
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=360 
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

I think it is 100% okay to call out the practice squad guys. Those are the guys that are giving you the practice and the opponent's scheme throughout the week. Maybe they are dogging it? Not only that, but Rodgers isn't placing blame everywhere else but himself. He is holding himself accountable and in being a leader, holding others accountable as well. Football is a team game...

One guy actually went as far to say practice squad isn't part of the team. That is where the convo ended...

I remember "back in the day" my coaches would always call out the 2nd stringers for dogging it while being the scout team for the 1st stringers.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

Sounded to me like Mike McCarthy made the statement, then they asked Arodge about it in a radio interview. What's he supposed to say?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
11 years ago

Sounded to me like Mike McCarthy made the statement, then they asked Arodge about it in a radio interview. What's he supposed to say?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Ask bears fans, and they'd expect him to respond like Cutler or Urlacher would.
Cheesey
11 years ago
AR is off this year so far.
The pass early on, he had Nelson wide open, and over threw him. Last year he makes that throw. It would have been a TD.

And why don't they have anyone going over the middle, like Driver ALWAYS did? DD always made a big play on those quick throws. You have Cobb, who could do it too.

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
11 years ago
Yep. And we should have more plays with more running backs / tight end folks getting in there in the middle. Maybe just have one WR out there.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago

AR is off this year so far.
The pass early on, he had Nelson wide open, and over threw him. Last year he makes that throw. It would have been a TD.

And why don't they have anyone going over the middle, like Driver ALWAYS did? DD always made a big play on those quick throws. You have Cobb, who could do it too.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

To be fair 2 of our TDs this past game were over the middle.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (40m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.