gbguy20
11 years ago

(4. a) I concluded it was time to move on from Coach Mike early in their Super Bowl year. I thought the team had tuned him out.

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

Same. I think the team was 4-4 at the time. I decided I would not root for the Packers until they got rid of this ineffective head coach. That lasted all of 3 days until we won the next game and I was all like "oh mike i can't stay mad at u"
nerdmann
11 years ago

Same. I think the team was 4-4 at the time. I decided I would not root for the Packers until they got rid of this ineffective head coach. That lasted all of 3 days until we won the next game and I was all like "oh mike i can't stay mad at u"

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

And we're pretty much right back to that point right now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
11 years ago

~ Thinking it was kind of cool that Packers head coach and GM would be the same guy.

~ Thinking it was no huge deal that Mike Holmgren was leaving, I thought it was sour apples and would be fine if he left

~ QB/WR Matt Jones might be the best QB option for the Packers at the time. (Was thinking he might be able to play WR until Favre retired and then maybe stay at WR or switch to QB if he had been practicing it in the offseasons)

~ Getting excited about CB Joey Thomas (the guy drafted the Packers drafted after Ahmad Carroll) I never liked the Carroll pick but I thought Thomas had the physical talent to be a top CB, but looking back on it, I'm not sure if he mentally had what was needed... also I still think Sherman was unfair with them... Carroll would get 3 to 5 PI calls against him and get pulled then Thomas would go in until he got 1 PI and then he got pulled for Carroll and back and forth they went.

~ 2008 Draft in the 2nd round
I was right about Donnie Avery, Brandon Flowers, Nelson (and the Packers picking him) Forte' (and the Bears picking him) but the rest I got wrong), Jordon Dizon.

But I was wrong about most of the rest as far as they would be good or not...
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

~ Thinking it was kind of cool that Packers head coach and GM would be the same guy.

~ Thinking it was no huge deal that Mike Holmgren was leaving, I thought it was sour apples and would be fine if he left

~ QB/WR Matt Jones might be the best QB option for the Packers at the time. (Was thinking he might be able to play WR until Favre retired and then maybe stay at WR or switch to QB if he had been practicing it in the offseasons)

~ Getting excited about CB Joey Thomas (the guy drafted the Packers drafted after Ahmad Carroll) I never liked the Carroll pick but I thought Thomas had the physical talent to be a top CB, but looking back on it, I'm not sure if he mentally had what was needed... also I still think Sherman was unfair with them... Carroll would get 3 to 5 PI calls against him and get pulled then Thomas would go in until he got 1 PI and then he got pulled for Carroll and back and forth they went.

Originally Posted by: beast 

not me. I hated the idea of a GM/HC combo. I thought the NFL had become to complicated to allow one man to so it all even with great assistants. I want a HC pouring over the plays both ours and the next opponent tearing them apart looking for the weaknesses and the strengths of both and devising ways to give us a victory. I want the GM scouring the talent pool and planning who the team should pick up next. Looking at the payroll and trying to figure out a way to keep the quality players that we already have from leaving. I know the assistants do some of this but I want these two guys up to their ears in the process as well. Don't let someone else be the one who is responsible. They should be.

I was sorry to see Holmgren leave but once again I didn't want him to stay if he wanted more control. Just because someone is a good HC doesn't make them a great GM. I had enough on the job training with other people in the front office I didn't want more.

Never thought much of Matt Jones one way or the other. Or Joey Thomas for that matter. So my real failing would have been not knowing enough about them to have an opinion as to their abilities.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
11 years ago
1. Having Aaron Rodgers start over Brett Favre was the wrong move.
2. Hiring Mike McCarthy was the wrong move.
3. Trading up for Clay Matthews wasn't worth it.
4. Freeze would be a suitable punter replacement.
5. The Packers would 100% beat the Cowboys in 2007. (I put a bet on that shit!)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
11 years ago
I wasn't completely against Rodgers I always said just wait and see if he can do it for a few years and he has done that.

I still don't care for MM, he don't have that killer instinct. He also lacks the fire and intensity.
Ted Thompson I still don't like that will never change.

I was wrong on the whole Collins thing.

I still don't care how the the whole Favre thing went down but I come to realize that it was both parties fault.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Akexpat
11 years ago
As I have been an expat for a number of years (going on 10) late night games and big disappointments have probably scared me more than most. Atlanta at home? yep remember that. 4th and 28? yep remember that. January at home vs the Giants? remember both times.

So hear are mine.
1. Game is getting lots of hype? Those scare me the most.
2. A big lead means nothing we like to let them stay in the game.
3. We will get a great experienced player via trade once every 5-10 years.
4. We will almost always find a way to screw up a sure thing.
5. Losing at 2-6am hurts way more than loosing at 11am (in Alaska 1st game of the day starts at 9am)

You will find Packers fans all across the world
SINCITYCHEEZE
11 years ago
1.)Thinking the Pack would never win another Superbowl after Lombardi in my lifetime.
2.)Thinking Rich Campbell would be the franchise QB that would be the one to take us back to the Superbowl.
3.)Tony Mandrich,nuff said.
4.)Thinking Mike Sherman as Coach/G.M. was a good idea whose time had come.
5.)Thinking we should have given,he who's name shall not be mentioned,anything he wanted to keep him in Green Bay.
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.