Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I don't know a whole helluva lot about politics, but who's offering what and is the best for America?
UserPostedImage
polargrizz
11 years ago

I don't know a whole helluva lot about politics, but who's offering what and is the best for America?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Neither. Why is it that we never get a legitimate third choice?
sorry no billboards
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: polargrizz 

because if we did they would not be the third choice.

I have voted for a 3rd party candidate when I was younger. (Long before Perot or Nader.) I had hoped it would generate more support.

Trouble with the 3rd party candidates, if they want to be on the big stage they will have to make deals and compromise the same as everyone from the Big 2 who has run. They will not look as pure when the spotlight is shining intensely on them.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: polargrizz 

Because the far left and right love extreme candidates, and 99% of the people in the middle have convinced themselves that their vote (their voice) is wasted if they don't vote for a Democrat or Republican. In a world where we're teaching our kids that they can do anything and should dismiss the naysayers in the world, it's astounding that people have the attitude that their vote, their democratic voice, is a waste if they don't use it to say that they want someone with a shot of winning to win. I've beaten this horse over and over, but if even half the people that are disgusted by both candidates and the constant negativity decided to vote for a third party, or even write in "None of the above", both parties would snap to attention. Sure, they'd still be conniving, self-centered liars, but at least they'd pay more attention to the center because they would actually need to work for those votes rather than just not sucking as much as the other guy.
4PackGirl
11 years ago
voting third party here! let's rock this nation & make a change people!!
Porforis
11 years ago
Good lord, we're a bunch of optimistic hippies. 😛
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Obama seems to want to give away millions and billions to those who can't earn it themselves and Romney seems to change his direction predicated on the target audience.

It really can't be too hard to finance the deficit.

1. legalize weed, tax it like cigarettes. there's tax money and jobs.
2. legalize prostitution, tax it. there's tax money and job. (there has to be a way to make it healthy, shit, its the worlds OLDEST human profession!)
3. any and all government paid employees making six figures or more, instantly lose 50% of their income.

There is my three point plan to getting this country's debt zeroed out. BOOM!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 years ago
Those are good ideas, if you want to make bad things legal.

I have watched Obama the last 4 years, and while he was president, the country has fallen over 6 trillion dollars deeper into debt since he took office. This coming from a guy who whailed on president Bush about us being 10 trillion in debt, saying something to the effect that that was "unpatriotic". So if he goes by his OWN measure, he should just drop out of the race.

All the "hope" and "change" talk was just that, TALK.

Now i see "FORWARD!" The new "word of the day!" What exactly does that mean? I think lemmings have that same motto.

Unemployment is higher, the national debt is higher, and he has shown nothing about how he's going to "change" any of it.....for the BETTER, i mean. Yes, there HAS been "change". Not any GOOD change though.

I see all these ads about Romney "only" paying 14% taxes on his income of 20 million dollars. "Only?" Figure it out.....14% of 20 million is WHAT? That's right, 2 million 800 thousand dollars. Tell me, how many years would the average person have to work to pay out almost 3 million dollars in taxes?

Tax the hell out of the "rich" guys, and what will happen? They will move out of the country. And who could blame them?
Plus the unreported fact that Romney paid out more then that in charitable contributions, many of which he didn't even take credit for on his taxes.

Yes, the guy is rich. But he EARNED it. So we should just take it away from him, because the damn bastard shouldn't have money, right?
I guess then we should hit up guys like George Clooney, and all the other rich hollywood types, cause THEY are rich TOO~!
How about the Clintons while we are at it? THEY have WAY too much money as well!

Being wealthy has been the way the democrats make the "average" person hate the republicans. Even though the ones out in the forefront that are spouting the hate speech are usually the rich democrats.
I'm a rebublican, and POOR. VERY poor in fact. I don't even know where next month's rent payment is coming from.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Those are good ideas, if you want to make bad things legal.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Drinking is bad and legal.
Cigarettes are bad and legal.
Chew is bad and legal.

Why not have tax payers reap the taxation benefits on weed as well? Wait, it's better to spend money trying to stop something that will never be stopped and instead having those people live off taxpayers money instead??? When people are incarcerated, it's the law biding citizens who are footing the bill. Flip that around!

And paying for sex is bad based on perception. I'm not saying there would be less molestations or rapes with legalizing it, but it sure beats locking people up and having the taxpayers footing the bill for them too.

These things can be done to benefit the country with the proper EDUCATION.

Unemployment is actually lower now than it was last year. I was curious about that claim the other day and looked into it.

Who typically employee's people? Millionaires. So if we provide a tax break for them, shouldn't that in turn help more people get jobs?

I have no clue if I'm Democrat or Republican. I think both parties are full of idiots and self righteous self preserving pricks. Yes, I'm pretty ignorant on politics, but I have yet to see one party prove they care more about the Country than their "party" and to me, that's a huge problem.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
Romney's residing over Bain Capital, help founding the realm of leveraged buyouts, should be a telling tale of his plans once in office.

Layoffs, closures, a massive profits for for the investment firms itself.

Additionally,Romney resided upon the board of directors over the Damon Corporation, they were found guilty of defrauding the government when new owners took over. Yet the Bain Capital company pocketed triple their investment.

Yes, this is the type of leadership that we need in power. Obama, I am sure is no better.

Why we prop up these type with deep pockets as the answer I will never know. We want success as a country, but feed the reins to those with wolf traits.

My vote will be None of the Above.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"