Porforis
11 years ago
Personally, I think if Nelson's good to go we should still limit his snaps. We can't just rest everyone kind of dinged up and assume we'll still trounce them, winning is a must, but we don't want to get more beat up. This likely means a lot more Cobb magic, it'd be interesting to see a fleaflicker or some other sort of fake with Cobb in the backfield (especially if we use that formation and give it to Cobb a couple times earlier in the game). Jones will need to play at a high level, and I guess we'll find out what Boykin can bring in a regular season game. Could also go in more TE heavy sets with Finley and Crabtree for a high percentage of the time, especially if we have luck on the ground early.
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Personally, I think if Nelson's good to go we should still limit his snaps. We can't just rest everyone kind of dinged up and assume we'll still trounce them, winning is a must, but we don't want to get more beat up. This likely means a lot more Cobb magic, it'd be interesting to see a fleaflicker or some other sort of fake with Cobb in the backfield (especially if we use that formation and give it to Cobb a couple times earlier in the game). Jones will need to play at a high level, and I guess we'll find out what Boykin can bring in a regular season game. Could also go in more TE heavy sets with Finley and Crabtree for a high percentage of the time, especially if we have luck on the ground early.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Completely agreed. We should have JJ as #1, Cobb as #2, and Boykin as #3 and lots of reps to Finley and Crabtree. Heck, even line Finley up as a WR in some sets.

I'd rather see Jordy drop to #4 this week than risk injuring him further. Jordy's one of the most important people we'll need for the Playoffs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

There could be a possibility of being very very limited at WR Sunday. Nelson's hammy tightened up on him yesterday and they don't know the severity of it yet. Driver couldn't finish practice with neck issues. With Jennings still out, that leaves us with 3 WR: Jones, Cobb, and Boykin.

Hoping Jordy's hamstring isn't anything serious.

Originally Posted by: Yerko 

If there was a game to give the run game confidence, this would be it. 29th in rushing defense. Let this line plow forward and eat up yards and clock. Don't expect either Jordy or DD to miss the game. Though I would definately try to use this game to get Boykin more time and experince.

I also wonder how Quarless is doing? If he can go, we have the chance to throw some Finley and Quarless combos at their defense.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
11 years ago
Isn't it great to have the kinds of offensive weapons even when you have multiple guys dinged up that it's hard to decide how you should focus on decimating the opposing defense?
Yerko
11 years ago

Isn't it great to have the kinds of offensive weapons even when you have multiple guys dinged up that it's hard to decide how you should focus on decimating the opposing defense?

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

It really is. I think about other teams and injuries and then look at the Packers. We truly are a spoiled bunch...haha. Thank you, Ted.

UserPostedImage
polargrizz
11 years ago
PACKERS 31, Jaguars 16 – Noon

The talent gap between these two teams is wider than Peyton Manning’s forehead. Short of Mike McCarthy benching both his starting offense and defense, there’s no plausible way to predict a Jaguars victory. Injuries are forcing key Packers to the bench, Charles Woodson (collarbone), Greg Jennings (groin), and possibly Jordy Nelson (hamstring). Even so, the Jaguars have no chance.

BEARS 23, Panthers 17 – Noon

This game provides the perfect palette for lazy national journalists to paint weak, subjective pap about quarterbacks Jay Cutler and Cam Newton. Rather than fan the flames of that nonsense, I’ll focus on the football. The Panthers aren’t as bad as their 1-5 record indicates. They’ve been victimized by untimely mental lapses late in games. However, from a pure talent standpoint, there’s a big gap between these teams. The Bears defense has been the most consistent unit in the NFL all season, so there’s no reason to think they won’t be again on Sunday.

sorry no billboards
zombieslayer
11 years ago
You really think both games will be that close Grizz?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Rios39
11 years ago
Only thing is with Nelson out we don't really have a number 1-2 receiver to play outside. I don't like Cobb out there except for the odd time. He's much better in the slot.
blank
doddpower
11 years ago
If there's ever a game to switch up the play calling a bit and pound the rock, this has to be it. Run the ball 30 times and control the clock and I'm certain it will result in a win. It might not come off of rushing touchdowns, but with that many rushing attempts, Rodgers will get a couple nice play action passes. Even without Nelson, Jennings, Shields, Perry, et al., the Packers are still a more talented team. Given the match up, run the ball and trust the defense against a depleted offense.

This game COULD be close, but there's no reason the Packers shouldn't win. Packer's by 14.
Cheesey
11 years ago
Well, if there's EVER a good time that Nelson is hurting, i guess it's now. I'd keep him activated, in CASE we need him. But sit him if at all possible.
Give's Boykin a chance to show what he can do.
If he's anything like he was in the preseason, he could be a big lift.
It gives the kid a chance to show, without having to play against the best D in the league. Get his feet wet, you might say.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (3h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (3h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (3h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (4h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (20h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.