dfosterf
11 years ago
Wayne-

That's what I did. I ignored the wife, tried to "ride it out", worked, actually got better for about a day...

Now steroids, antibiotics, inhaler, threats of hospitiliazation and/or death from doc if I continue to try and smoke-I cut back to a pack a day, lol, multiple re-visits, chest x-rays, blood tests, inability to even walk without coughing, massive headaches, snot everywhere...

I'd do the same damn thing you are doing all over again, lol - I admit it.

Nick-

Dakota can call me Gunny all he wants. Every time I see it I think of "my" Gunny. I don't even remember his name, and I have seen Gunnery Sgts come and go over the years.

I've told that story before, so I'll be short and sweet.

You fucked up in his company, you had 3 choices. Article 15, 6x6x6, or fist-city with the Gunny (he spoke in the 3rd person like that).

My infamous Gary Barton (a constant repeat offender) made the major mistake of going with option 3 ONCE. His page 11 was a mile in length, those holes he had to dig were all over the battalion area, and I guess he figured he stood a good shot of taking the old (to us) man.

It's the only time I ever saw Gary get his ass kicked, and no one ever tried option 3 again. That was almost 2 decades before that Clint Eastwood flick (I forget the name) where they tried to kick HIS ass. Hollywood had to have stolen that scene from H&S co. Battalion Landing Team 1/2, in the mid 70's---I swear to Christ, lol

Cigar chompin', Chesty Puller lookin' bad motherfucker... Ya, he can call me Gunny... I only wish he knew what a great compliment it is.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Wayne-

That's what I did. I ignored the wife, tried to "ride it out", worked, actually got better for about a day...

Now steroids, antibiotics, inhaler, threats of hospitiliazation and/or death from doc if I continue to try and smoke-I cut back to a pack a day, lol, multiple re-visits, chest x-rays, blood tests, inability to even walk without coughing, massive headaches, snot everywhere...

I'd do the same damn thing you are doing all over again, lol - I admit it.

Nick-

Dakota can call me Gunny all he wants. Every time I see it I think of "my" Gunny. I don't even remember his name, and I have seen Gunnery Sgts come and go over the years.

I've told that story before, so I'll be short and sweet.

You fucked up in his company, you had 3 choices. Article 15, 6x6x6, or fist-city with the Gunny (he spoke in the 3rd person like that).

My infamous Gary Barton (a constant repeat offender) made the major mistake of going with option 3 ONCE. His page 11 was a mile in length, those holes he had to dig were all over the battalion area, and I guess he figured he stood a good shot of taking the old (to us) man.

It's the only time I ever saw Gary get his ass kicked, and no one ever tried option 3 again. That was almost 2 decades before that Clint Eastwood flick (I forget the name) where they tried to kick HIS ass. Hollywood had to have stolen that scene from H&S co. Battalion Landing Team 1/2, in the mid 70's---I swear to Christ, lol

Cigar chompin', Chesty Puller lookin' bad motherfucker... Ya, he can call me Gunny... I only wish he knew what a great compliment it is.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Dave I know you got it a lot worse. Mine isnt pneumonia. (stupid word.) I can take a decongestant. 4 hr variety and be fine all the rest of the day. I know you could not.

I wonder where your big black bear went to hunker down during the blow. Maybe he ended up in Ohio. If he registered he can vote as well. Prob can vote even if he is not registered.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Dave, what part of Pennsylvania do you live in? My grandpa lives in Corapolis.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

but the important thing I wanted to report is that the Green Bay Packers stock certificate ( which resides in the garage) is unscathed.

A man must establish his priorities.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

OK, phew. =d>

The important thing. [grin1]
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dfosterf
11 years ago

Dave, what part of Pennsylvania do you live in? My grandpa lives in Corapolis.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Just north of Harrisburg- S Central PA. The storm went NW from Atlantic City directly to here, then turned North... right here.

The center of the storm was literally over my house early this am.

A couple of doors down across my street, a neighbor moved into his house 3 weeks ago after a reconstruction from a fire during Hurricane Irene last fall. Over a year without a house...

There is a huge hole in the gable end of it. That has to suck.

We get a "venturi effect" along what is known as the Linglestown corridor, as we are at the base of the Blue mountains--think of a giant version of a street with high-rises with the wind trying to blow right down the street.

Edit
Sandy came ashore 81 miles from here as the crow flies (very fucking fast, last night--the crow that is, lol). We were getting slaughtered when the hurricane was over 120 miles in the Atlantic, and from then on. It actually got BETTER when it got closer to us. Talk about a massive storm- They said if you were in a commercial airliner flying over it, it would take 2 and half hours from one end to the other.
Pack93z
11 years ago
I sat and watched footage last night... and as some of those waves and surges came in, the image that kept resonating in my head is the wave from the movie 2012.

The houses burning in Queens.. knowing that they are basically built on top of each other is just scary to imagine.

Foster.. glad to hear you are feeling better and safe.

Hope all the members that visit here are having similar "luck" as you have had.. or better.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gbguy20
11 years ago
Welp, this must be why I can't get a hold of anyone in NJ/NY/PA right now. Hope you stay safe and keep power. Good luck
DakotaT
11 years ago
Gunny, you should get some of these light in the ass teachers and computer geeks to come out and shingle for you. A little hard work might straighten their asses out a little bit.

Sorry you had pneumonia, I use to get bronchitis twice a year when I smoked a pack a day!
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

Gunny, you should get some of these light in the ass teachers and computer geeks to come out and shingle for you. A little hard work might straighten their asses out a little bit.

Sorry you had pneumonia, I use to get bronchitis twice a year when I smoked a pack a day!

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

1. I am, alas, NOT, light in the ass.
2. I am, however, afraid of heights. Last time I went up on a ladder to clean out gutters, I was afraid I was going to be stuck to the ladder for hours.

But surely there are Viking fans available who have nothing to do on the next eight Sundays or so. Or the next 52, for that matter.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
gbguy20
11 years ago
Got a text from my buddy in new york finally, his phone had died in the flood, along with everything else he owns. He has no power and doesn't see it coming back soon. All he has is his new phone and a book bag full of clothes now. He's pretty upbeat though, his last text said, "I'm ok and im insured so f yeah."