Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
Porforis
11 years ago
I heard Jar-Jar's going to be a Jedi.
zombieslayer
11 years ago
This is actually a good thing. Geez I wish I never sold my Disney stock. I should have repurchased it when what's his name was fired (that God awful CEO from the 90s).

Lucas is 68. Hope the big guy lives to see SW9. Another good thing is Lucas will tell the story and someone else will write it up and someone else will direct it. Play to your strengths. Lucas is a hell of a storyteller but a lousy director and awful with dialog. "Anakin, you're breaking my heart."

Disney has the $$$ to make 7,8,9 and make them well. PotC alone can pay for those films.

Now if only they can get Alfonso Cuaron to direct one of them... 🙏
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
gbguy20
11 years ago
Disney can ruin anything
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Disney can ruin anything

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

The first PotC was awesome and the Avengers was pretty good. So yes, they can ruin anything. But they can also put out good stuff.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Pack93z
11 years ago

The first PotC was awesome and the Avengers was pretty good. So yes, they can ruin anything. But they can also put out good stuff.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I thought the first three were good.. they were stretching on the reboot of the roles with the 4th.

I expected more out of the Avengers.. but we shall see where they take that. No doubt the effects were spectacular with that film.. just lagged a bit with the drama in the story line.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Being a huge Batman fan, I liked Dark Knight Rises more than Avengers, although I think Avengers was a better 'movie'. Probably doesn't make sense, but I get it. Yes, I know it wasn't a Disney movie. I'm huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean too, although the last one which I seen in 3D with my sister (first time we met in 19 years) lacked the humor and story of the previous three. I think a few characters were missing that bummed me out.

No publication of any kind strikes Gold with every feature published so get over the whole "Disney can ruin" this or that because you don't look culture, you look inept.

I didn't watch any of the Star Wars movies until 2010/11 when I watched them all over the weekend.
UserPostedImage
Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

Disney can ruin anything

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

?!?? How, exactly? Pixar, PotC, Narnia, Marvel Studios... ???

Don't forget Narnia. =)

I thought the first three were good.. they were stretching on the reboot of the roles with the 4th.

I expected more out of the Avengers.. but we shall see where they take that. No doubt the effects were spectacular with that film.. just lagged a bit with the drama in the story line.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Avengers can't do much with drama when you put all those heroes/characters in one 2.5 hour film. That's why they did the individual movies prior to the 'big one'. The Avengers was more about how they learned to go from doing their thing alone to working as a cohesive unit. And beating the Chitauri and Loki. I'm hoping the next Avengers has a bit more drama/plot and a bit less action myself, but who knows. I still loved 'em.

Being a huge Batman fan, I liked Dark Knight Rises more than Avengers, although I think Avengers was a better 'movie'. Probably doesn't make sense, but I get it. Yes, I know it wasn't a Disney movie. I'm huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean too, although the last one which I seen in 3D with my sister (first time we met in 19 years) lacked the humor and story of the previous three. I think a few characters were missing that bummed me out.

No publication of any kind strikes Gold with every feature published so get over the whole "Disney can ruin" this or that because you don't look culture, you look inept.

I didn't watch any of the Star Wars movies until 2010/11 when I watched them all over the weekend.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I understand. I've always been more Marvel anyway, but I can see how someone would like a certain film because of their 'bias' towards a certain favorite character.. I know the Superman Returns movie sucked.. but I loved it because it had Supes.

And I couldn't agree with you more on the bolded.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

This is actually a good thing. Geez I wish I never sold my Disney stock. I should have repurchased it when what's his name was fired (that God awful CEO from the 90s).

Michael Eisner?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
In the past 30 years there have been Disney flicks that I was more than a little disappointed with. I won't say they ruined them. just expected a little more.

As far as the Pirates, I liked the first one but they kept slipping after that. I don't like "unfinished" movies and it seems like all the rest of them were.

I am glad Lucas will write the stories that will surely help.

I did like the Avengers series. Just re-watched them on Netflix a few weeks ago.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.