PackerTraxx
11 years ago
Thanks, if that is the extent and the Packers can satisfy themselves he'll fit in well; for a 6th or 7th I would say "go for it".
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Pack93z
11 years ago
To be complete.. there were work ethic questions  coming into this season.

His lack of commitment was startling to coaches from the day he was claimed off waivers from the Titans an undrafted rookie in 2010. For the first two weeks after being acquired by Tampa Bay, Blount, who was suspended at Oregon for punching a Boise State player, never made it to work on time and compiled fines of more than $15,000. Exasperated, then-coach Raheem Morris and general manager Mark Dominik ordered him to hire a car service with a driver to wake him up in the morning and transport him less than 3 miles from his apartment to One Buc Place. After a few weeks, they canceled the car service for one day. And Blount was late. He continued to need a driver to get to work in 2011. But his poor preparation habits also spread to the meeting room, where coaches said he would sometimes fall asleep.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
11 years ago
Not everyone needs to be "Packers people" to contribute, but that's pretty bad if true. Keep him away.
Pack93z
11 years ago

Not everyone needs to be "Packers people" to contribute, but that's pretty bad if true. Keep him away.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

That was 2011... just keep in mind.

More Recently.

TAMPA Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB LeGarrette Blount closed out last week's 38-10 victory against  the Kansas City Chiefs, running five times for 53 yards and a touchdown during the final offensive drive.

The Bucs don't plan to use Blount exclusively in a closer's role, but closing out games could become a big part of Blount's job description.

Tampa Bay (2-3) plays the New Orleans Saints (1-4) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.

"Every game is different, but that is a nice model that happened (Sunday),'' Bucs coach Greg Schiano said. "After playing for three hours in 85-degree heat and now you have this 250-pound man coming at you. That would work nice.''

Blount certainly wouldn't mind. He yearns to regain his role as a starter and is eager to get more work early in games, but knows he's suited to fill a closer's role and would gladly accept it.

"It's fun being a reliever,'' Blount said. "If I can, I want to get in early. But if I get in later, I'll just play later. I have a passion for the game and whenever I get a chance to play I just make the best of my opportunities.''

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
11 years ago
I've been rethinking my position on trading for a RB, and I think I am all for it now. Getting a top tier RB in our backfield right now with Rodgers would help both the offense (to extend drives), and the defense (to keep them off the field as much as possible).

Ted, make the trade! I would prefer either of Blount or Jackson. Do it!!!! Trade a #3. Go for it. The one you didn't trade for Lynch got us Green. Don't make the same mistake twice.
doddpower
11 years ago

I've been rethinking my position on trading for a RB, and I think I am all for it now. Getting a top tier RB in our backfield right now with Rodgers would help both the offense (to extend drives), and the defense (to keep them off the field as much as possible).

Ted, make the trade! I would prefer either of Blount or Jackson. Do it!!!! Trade a #3. Go for it. The one you didn't trade for Lynch got us Green. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

To be fair though, having Lynch on this team and his new contract would probably mean losing another key player; perhaps Raji, Jennings, etc. Perhaps that would be worth it, but there's something to say about a cheaper player to preserve other seemingly more important positions, in this offense anyway. Additionally, Lynch is a guy that needs carries to really get going, which is something he sometimes wouldn't get in this offense.
gbguy20
11 years ago

To be fair though, having Lynch on this team and his new contract would probably mean losing another key player; perhaps Raji, Jennings, etc. Perhaps that would be worth it, but there's something to say about a cheaper player to preserve other seemingly more important positions, in this offense anyway. Additionally, Lynch is a guy that needs carries to really get going, which is something he sometimes wouldn't get in this offense.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

I'm still on the fence about paying big money to keep raji around.
play2win
11 years ago
Well doddpower, I do know we won a SB the year many people wanted us to trade for Lynch. Looking back, there were some disappointed players when we didn't make the move, like Woodson and Rodgers. I would say, we might have fared better last season had we made the trade. Running to extend drives and save your defense is something we desperately needed last year, and we could use better production on that end this year too.

Your point is well taken on the number of players we need to re-sign after this season, and money spent on a RB now to finish our season may take away from getting more mid-season signing opportunities completed. I just happen to think adding a proven pro like Steven Jackson would give this team quite a bit more confidence, and could go a long way towards our getting another SB win. That is what we need, and I don't know if we can trust the RBs we have currently to get the job done - I mean, in reaching that ultimate goal. Starks has so much proving to do, and I don't know about Green. Adding Jackson could work wonders. and I think it might be worth the pick.
Porforis
11 years ago

I'm still on the fence about paying big money to keep raji around.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

If we don't, it HAS to be because we can get a player that's still effective to replace him for less. We've gone down this road before with poor results.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
With a salary of 540k only about 1/2 we would be responsible for, and for only a 7th rounder. This is the type of move I would love to see. We all dream of what a productive run game could do for Rodgers and the passing game. This is a type of move to make if you are serious about doing everything you can to try and win a SB. He may turn out not to be the answer, but then again, he might. And it wouldn't cost the team much.

Blount possible trading block 

The NFL trade deadline is approaching, as any opportunity to trade players within the NFL this season will end on Thursday. That means we'll see a lot of rumors, most of them turning to absolutely nothing. One of them certainly is significant and has consistently been mentioned: the Tampa Bay Buccaneers want to trade Legarrette Blount.

Trading Blount would be perfectly logical. Doug Martin looks like a feature back, the Bucs have two backups in the form of D.J. Ware and Michael Smith and Blount is barely featuring in this offense. He could also be worth a bit: he's incredibly cheap this season, as he's playing under an exclusive-rights tender (worth just slightly more than the minimum salary), and he'll be a restricted free agent next year.

Despite all of those factors, ESPN's John Clayton reports that Legarrette Blount could be had for just a seventh-round pick (via Evan Silva). Apparently the Bucs are in the market of handing out players for peanuts. After all, they received nothing for Kellen Winslow, barely anything for Brian Price and simply cut Tanard Jackson and Dezmon Briscoe. Getting value hasn't been at the forefront of their minds since Greg Schiano got here.

Still, trading Blount for a seventh-round pick seems silly. Blount is far from the greatest running back in the NFL, but he's still a useful player. Giving 30 touches per game to Doug Martin isn't exactly sustainable, and Blount is a decent if inconsistent runner. Despite losing Carl Nicks for the season, the Bucs have a chance to make the playoffs and Blount could play a role there. Is a measly seventh-round pick worth more than a decent backup running back?

If the Bucs do trade him for a seventh-rounder, that will tell us exactly what they think of Legarrette Blount: someone who is useless on this team.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.