TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago

Green converted 1 3rd and 1, and was stopped on 1. Thing is, on both of them, there were unblocked men in the hole. The one he was stopped, had 2 of them. Starks wasn't going to do any better in those plays.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

The one we got a first down must have been a pee break. I saw a stuffed run on Green, a missed pass to Jones and a miss pass to I believe Finley on 3rd and 1. Drives me apeshit especially in the 3rd quarter when we went into a lull.

Even if we don't run it our passing games seems to sputter on 3rd and 1. 🇲🇲 needs to develop some screens or something that is a higher % play. Not sure why we don't have any fakes with 🇦🇷 as well to give the teams more things to think about.
nerdmann
11 years ago
Starks got a third and short carry too, but they ran him to the outside and he gut strung out and stuffed. Idiotic play call.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
11 years ago
Pretty damn cool..

Source... 

Cobb had just three receptions, but two went for touchdowns. On the first, a 13-yard slant, Cobb said he actually took Donald Driver’s place in the formation at Driver’s urging, and then Driver and tight end Jermichael Finley threw the key blocks that left Cobb one-on-one with safety Adrian Wilson, who whiffed on a spin move.

“I went to line up in my spot, and ‘Drive’ pushed me over and told me to go get it,” Cobb said. “He gave me the opportunity.”

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
11 years ago
As far as our running game goes, it seemed like on all the plays where we gained good yardage, we either ran out of the shotgun versus a defensive formation that was favorable to us (6 or less in the box) or ran outside and blocked well. On third and 1, we just can't seem to execute as a team, and I think that comes down to blocking first and getting pushed backwards second. When they load up the box, we're not going to get yards.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Pretty damn cool..

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I just read that a few minutes ago. DD sure puts the team ahead of his own stats.

edit- I read it on the Press Gazette  site.

Loved this part of it.

“When I got back to the sideline, I was confused,” Cobb said. “I was like, ‘Why’d you give that to me?’”

All Driver said, according to Cobb, was: “I knew you were going to get it.”

Seems to me that Donald knew Cobb was faster and being down at the 13 yard line there was going to be a lot of defenders in close quarters. (It would have been different if they were 3rd and 13 from their own 45.)

Of course I also think DD feels he is a better blocker than Cobb and it was going to take a key block or two to help get the TD.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
11 years ago

Of course I also think DD feels he is a better blocker than Cobb and it was going to take a key block or two to help get the TD.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yeah, I would have to think this would have as much to do with it as anything. With that being said, it's interesting that McCarthy didn't think so as well and switch the two. For whatever reason, McCarthy still seems a little hesitant to keep Cobb involved as much as possible. Perhaps it's the snap count issue that is linked in another article. If not, I'm not sure what else the reason could be. Cobb makes things happen. Until he is consistently stopped, keep featuring him, imo.

GermanGilbert
11 years ago
Other than Cobb's great effort it was good to see a blown call going into our direction. A pleasant surprise after all the shitty calls that (almost) cost us games so far this season.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Other than Cobb's great effort it was good to see a blown call going into our direction. A pleasant surprise after all the shitty calls that (almost) cost us games so far this season.

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert 

during the game I would randomly yell "TOUCHDOWN" when AZ had an incomplete pass. Or "INTERCEPTION" when a GB receiver had clearly caught the ball.

I kept the people me amused.

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Yeah, I would have to think this would have as much to do with it as anything. With that being said, it's interesting that McCarthy didn't think so as well and switch the two. For whatever reason, McCarthy still seems a little hesitant to keep Cobb involved as much as possible. Perhaps it's the snap count issue that is linked in another article. If not, I'm not sure what else the reason could be. Cobb makes things happen. Until he is consistently stopped, keep featuring him, imo.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

Cobb has ball control issues. Remember in the chat last year when we all cheered every time Cobb would catch the ball on a punt return?

Yes, he's our best YAC guy, our best RB, etc., but the Aaron INT yesterday was an example of what makes 🇲🇲 cringe.

Don't get me wrong. I 💓 Cobb. I said last year that Cobb would be our Percy Harvin. But he still has a lot of room for growth.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Porforis
11 years ago

Cobb has ball control issues. Remember in the chat last year when we all cheered every time Cobb would catch the ball on a punt return?

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

He hasn't coughed it up yet, don't recall him bobbling or muffing a punt either. Apart from a couple questionable decisions where he really should have called for a fair catch, really can't complain and there's a lot to be excited about. My expectations for punt returners have never been high, catch the ball and don't cough it up. If you've got easy daylight run, if there's any chance someone's going to hit you within a couple seconds of catching the ball fair catch it for all I care. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.