Formo
11 years ago

Are you sure about that? I've certainly heard differently. I quickly found one article, perhaps it's wrong. I've definitely heard the same thing on other news networks as well. I'm sure they were all just a bunch of lying liberals though. Source :

There's obviously absolutely no doubt they both received a ton of outside money, and it's truly embarrassing and humiliating how much money was spent (as I stated earlier). However, it was true that Democrats were generally against Citizens United, including Obama. It was a huge deal and those opposed to it continually stated why there were against it: Because it would result in unimaginable amounts of money poured into campaigns. Romney certainly got out to an early lead, and naturally Democrats/Obama had no choice but to follow. It's also true that Romney's donations were much more concentrated to a few HUGE donors. Obama had his share of big donors relatively speaking, but his campaign was much more grassroots and involved many, many more smaller donors. I don't have time to find a link now, but there were at least a few individuals that donated $100 million + to the Romney campaign (Koch brothers, et al.). He literally crushed Obama in terms of 'big time donors.' It's also interesting that only 12% of Obama's money came from Super Pacs, which basically means undisclosed donors, vs. 40% per Romney.

Quickly came across this blurb:

The last sentence of that quote is exactly why Republicans and several Democrats wanted Citizen United to pass: because it allowed them to keep their donors a secret. Perhaps some don't have any problem with that, but certainly many others do. Obama clearly benefited from Super Pacs, but at least he acted like he didn't want it in the public eye. Besides, that's all most politicians do is act anyway; only some do it better than others.

Either way, it's absolutely inexcusable how much money was spent on this election and I have little to no respect for either campaign as a result. I agree, American politics, especially the Presidential race, is a complete joke. It's too bad so many still buy into the facade, though. It's becoming little more than a theatrical show meant to divide America and give them a false sense of a "choice" about the direction of the Country. Unfortunately, any Republican or Democrat elected to office in the foreseeable future is largely going to pursue similar agendas regardless of what is said in front of a camera. Any small differences that exist are minimal, and almost all decisions are not good for us 'average Joe's and Joelene's." Moreover, both parties in America are criminals, as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

That number I threw out there was an arbitrary number. You helped prove my point, though, that BOTH parties gain mega bucks from SuperPACs and other sources.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
11 years ago

I like how people like you think Obama accomplished nothing in his first four years. It's actually laughable how right wingers dismiss things like affordable health care, kicking Arab terrorist ass, repealed don't ask don't tell, saved the auto industry, adjusted FEMA so that it works; and all while treasonous Republicans tried blocking everything.

The economy isn't fixed yet, but don't you think if the treasonous Republicans would have helped pass a jobs bill, we'd be a lot farther along.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Wait.. SAVED the auto industry?!

That right there is reason enough to behead politicians. From both sides of the isle. The auto industry wouldn't have needed 'saving' if they ran their business right. I'm still pissed about that garbage. There's no reason, what so ever, that they should have gotten that bail out. Sure, it would hurt in the short term. That's what being in business is all about.

So you say that Obummer 'saved the auto industry' like it was a good thing.

No, sir. It isn't.

By the way, the following image is just for you:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Porforis
11 years ago

Wait.. SAVED the auto industry?!

That right there is reason enough to behead politicians. From both sides of the isle. The auto industry wouldn't have needed 'saving' if they ran their business right. I'm still pissed about that garbage. There's no reason, what so ever, that they should have gotten that bail out. Sure, it would hurt in the short term. That's what being in business is all about.

So you say that Obummer 'saved the auto industry' like it was a good thing.

No, sir. It isn't.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Formo 

I thought you guys were friends? Friends don't like making other friends' heads hurt. Here, let me fix this image in a way that certain people are going to read it anyways:

UserPostedImage
doddpower
11 years ago

That number I threw out there was an arbitrary number. You helped prove my point, though, that BOTH parties gain mega bucks from SuperPACs and other sources.

I wasn't trying to disprove your point. However, to say they both received equal amounts of cash from SuperPacs is far from the truth. Romney clearly received much more money from undisclosed sources and bigger donors. It was just an attempt to be accurate being saying otherwise is false.

doddpower
11 years ago

UserPostedImage

I'm OK with someone making similar points as shown in the image. Such things and much more could be made for any potential president and most politicians period. The problem is, there are many people who would slam Obama for his many faults, but then rush and vote for Romney. It truly works both ways. If one truly has their eyes open, they wouldn't be supporting either Obama or Romney. Slamming one guy and rushing to vote for the other just doesn't make any sense. At least vote for the Independent, the Green party, Ron Paul, or Rosanne Barr (joke), or write someone in. There are some people in the world that could make good presidents. The only problem is, in order to actually have an opportunity to become president, he or she must sell themselves out to the system and adopt the agendas of those who actually guide their decisions.

I'm often reminded of a cliche' statement that can kinda-sorta apply to presidents/politicians/american politics: "Don't hate the player, hate the game." The people in front of our eyes are just another face and another name. When they're gone, they'll simply be replaced with another.

Yes, I'm cynical. It's hard to see how most wouldn't be.
dfosterf
11 years ago

I get to bitch for another 4 years, so there is that.

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

I like how people like you think Obama accomplished nothing in his first four years. It's actually laughable how right wingers dismiss things like affordable health care, kicking Arab terrorist ass, repealed don't ask don't tell, saved the auto industry, adjusted FEMA so that it works; and all while treasonous Republicans tried blocking everything.

The economy isn't fixed yet, but don't you think if the treasonous Republicans would have helped pass a jobs bill, we'd be a lot farther along.

1. Obamacare is NOT affordable. It isn't going to be close to affordable.
2. Obama didn't do anything with regard to the terrorists. Navy Seals did that. He just happened to be the C-in-C at the right time.
3. Okay, will give you the don't ask/don't tell repeal.
4. Don't make me laugh. He bailed out the worst performer in the auto industry. A company that spent decades ignoring its customers preferences (with the exception of Saturn, which of course didn't survive) and SHOULD have failed.
5. FEMA works? That's a new one. I wouldn't blame either party for its incompetence any more than I'd blame either for the incompetence of NASA. Some parts of the government are going to be incompetent regardless of who is in the Oval Office.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPiQgUQt3E

I get to bitch for another 4 years, so there is that.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Unless you get called back to active duty with the rest of you cranky retired Marines to bail out the National Guard when they put down the rebellion, Cincinnatus.

But the current administration will probably be able to buy off the mob with beer and circuses for four more years, so you should be safe in your bitching.

[grin1]

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Affordable heathcare act? That has no chance of making healthcare affordable. Why can't he pass a spending bill that doesn't spend? Healthcare is going to go up and up because of the affordable care act.

We were kicking terrorists asses before him and we will after. He didn't do anything except be in office when the chance appeared. It took years of work by intelligence and military not Obama.

Saved the auto industry? What did he do to help Ford? Nothing. the auto industry would have been fine without the bailout. the bailout saved the autoworkers union from having to give up more. had GM died, the other manufacturers would have stepped up their production, and filled the void. And also created jobs. They would have had to hire, they would have had to expand. Businesses failing is one of the biggest things that create oppourtunity and jobs. Cash for clunkers hurt the auto industry and the economy. It took people who would have purchased in year or two or three, and moved their purchase up. Which sounds like a good idea, until you realize that now the next year or two the purchases they would have made are gone and you have to make up for them. Most of the clunkers that were traded in, were cars that nothing was wrong with, and they all had to be destroyed. which removed hundreds of thousands of used cars from the secondary auto markets, which hurt used car businesses. And the majority of those sales, were foreign cars.

What did he adjust in FEMA. Was he the one who made it so they decline providing aid to disasters when to many people have insurance which happened in WI last year.

Best thing for our country is to block what Obama and democrats want to do. Raising taxes will not help the middle class make more money, it will not lower any of our taxes. All taxing more does is take money out of private hands and put it in government. I will do all I can to block that.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
RajiRoar
11 years ago
this was the 1st election i was able to vote in and i have a question..

I was explaining my thinking to a prof and it was a little like this:

Prof: on the eve of the election, give me a quick rundown of what you are thinking before you send in your ballot

ME:The problem is the gov is not taking in enough money to support these programs and whatever else it's spending on (infastrucure I assume). If we want to chip away our deficit, we need to either 'A' cut these programs down to an affordable level, or 'B' the gov needs to take in more money, which means higher taxes and additional revenue. when our defecit is down and we become profitable again, THEN taxes can go back down/ programs can recieve more funding."

I forgot to mention that there could be a happy middle between A and B, but you get the idea..

or am i over simplifing it? I have no loyalties to any party, and even debated in favor of getting rid of them altogether.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!