Porforis
11 years ago

Funny, I didn't call you stupid, but you obviously feel you are by your guilty conscience.

You simply can't justify taxing more because you have no idea how much tax is actually needed. You just have a hatred for those who have been successful for some odd reason. Probably because you know if you could get to where they are, you would not do anything different than they do.

It makes zero sense to raise tax when you admit there is waste in what is being spent now.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Except when we're 16 trillion in the hole and you're not going to get anywhere close to even cutting that in half by trimming the fat alone. Decreased spending, increased revenue. We can talk all day about when the time is right to raise taxes as to not unduly screw an already sluggishly growing economy, but we simply are spending way too much and not taking enough in. I'm absolutely with you, in that the government should first start looking to cut spending before they start digging into my pockets for more, but it's not a matter of IF they need more. It's how much.
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
My question is simple,

I wonder how many of the thousands of people who have already lost their jobs, and the thousands of those who are going to lose their jobs due to layoffs, voted for President Obama?

I wonder if they would have reconsidered their votes if they realized their jobs were at stake?

It's no longer "Ask what you can do for you're country?", it's "Hey country, what are you going to give me?"

It's a shame that this point has finally come where there are more people who want the government to take care of them, than there are people who actually believed in "The American Dream".

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

My question is simple,

I wonder how many of the thousands of people who have already lost their jobs, and the thousands of those who are going to lose their jobs due to layoffs, voted for President Obama?

I wonder if they would have reconsidered their votes if they realized their jobs were at stake?

It's no longer "Ask what you can do for you're country?", it's "Hey country, what are you going to give me?"

It's a shame that this point has finally come where there are more people who want the government to take care of them, than there are people who actually believed in "The American Dream".

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I wonder how many realize its not a President that will make the necessary change, it's the people and it'll take an extreme measure to make the necessary change.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

Funny, I didn't call you stupid, but you obviously feel you are by your guilty conscience.

You simply can't justify taxing more because you have no idea how much tax is actually needed. You just have a hatred for those who have been successful for some odd reason. Probably because you know if you could get to where they are, you would not do anything different than they do.

It makes zero sense to raise tax when you admit there is waste in what is being spent now.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Telling me I don't understand something is the same thing as calling me stupid. The truth is that the wealthy have had control through their purchased politicians who make the tax laws. These laws have regressed taxes so that middle class people pay a much higher percentage of their income than do the wealthy. Is it fair that one man pays taxes on all his income because he does physical labor, but a propspector pays much less money on income from his investments? Yeah, that would be a no.

As for your little attempt at understanding me, the only thing you have right is my disdain for the wealthy - because a very high percentage of them have had it handed to them. Anybody that has actually "built it" without any help has my respect - but then there aren't alot of people that pulled themselves up by their bootstras now are there? The sperm lottery winners have and keep control, but according to this election - that is all slipping away now isn't it? And that's why the Republican establishment is going out of their fricken minds right now - and I'm loving every minute of it.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
11 years ago
fiscal cliff 

There is what is going to happen Jan 1 which talks about all of the tax hikes coming for everyone of us. How they will be cutting unemployment back to just the 26 weeks, which in turn will kick millions of people off of unemployment. Ahhhh just read the article talking about what is going to run this country into nothing.

As far as the Canadian healthcare and being 40 was just an example and was taken wrong. Basically the idea of if you are older and have a non curable disease you won't get the help. They would rather use the money to help someone where it will help.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

Except when we're 16 trillion in the hole and you're not going to get anywhere close to even cutting that in half by trimming the fat alone. Decreased spending, increased revenue. We can talk all day about when the time is right to raise taxes as to not unduly screw an already sluggishly growing economy, but we simply are spending way too much and not taking enough in. I'm absolutely with you, in that the government should first start looking to cut spending before they start digging into my pockets for more, but it's not a matter of IF they need more. It's how much.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

So who's for cutting the war machine in half? I know I'm sick of sending our boys to fight for nothing. This foolish idea of spreading democracy throughout the world has to stop. How in the hell is democracy suppose to work in a society where women literally have to cover their faces in public. It's a total snowjob and it is time to bring those young men and women home.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago
Can somebody tell me the last time raising taxes help kickstart the economy?
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dhazer
11 years ago
Why don't they start with cutting back the salaries and benefits for the government employees aka President and congress and the senate? Take away there life time money and college funds for the kids and grandkids. Or even why all the private jets for these officials, make them fly like everyone else on a public plane. Remember the auto bailout and everyone was throwing a fit how the ceos were flying private jets, well the government is basically a huge company so start with the employees.

Ok just a thought cuz we know it won't happen.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Why don't they start with cutting back the salaries and benefits for the government employees aka President and congress and the senate?

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

HELLO! If you fuckheads would have voted for me you'd have had that already! Do you fucking not remember my three step plan?

1-legalize weed, tax it
2-legalize prostitution, tax it, make it safe somehow
3-cut six digit salary for any an all government employees in HALF

Quit your fucking bitching! You mother fucking whiny bitches had your chance for a better American and YOU fucked up!

I'm Zero2Cool and I approve this message.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

Can somebody tell me the last time raising taxes help kickstart the economy?

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Under Clinton, which coincidentally was the last time we had a balanced budget and surplus. Then Dubya came in and fucked it all up leaving the huge mess for Barry to clean up. Now Barry wants to make the wealthy go back to paying the same rates as we had under Clinton. What's the fuckin problem?
UserPostedImage