wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

Two years into his pro career, Ryan Taylor has made a living with his aggressive style of play. That's why the tight end is a core special teams player on the Green Bay Packers.

But perhaps the best block by Taylor to date now has cost him. Taylor was fined $21,000 by the NFL for "an illegal blindside block" on Arizona's Rashad Johnson in the Packers' 31-17 win Nov. 4.

While it was a crushing collision, Taylor's block appeared clean; no flag was thrown. As the Packers' Randall Cobb turned up the right sideline on a 28-yard punt return, Johnson had a decent angle for the tackle. But he didn't see Taylor. The 2011 seventh-round pick peeled back to lay out Johnson, a play that drew a roar from the Lambeau Field crowd.

jsonline 

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
I remember that hit, and while not penalized, I figured he would get fined. It was a blind side block and he did hit him in the head. And it was a good block I hope he makes in the future.

Hopefully the rest of the team digs deep and pays this fine for him.

UserPostedImage
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
gbguy20
11 years ago
thats a lot for him
steveishere
11 years ago
He hit him from the pretty much the same angle that Duane Brown (who didn't get fined) hit DJ Smith. The NFL seems really inconsistent to me on these fines sometimes.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

He hit him from the pretty much the same angle that Duane Brown (who didn't get fined) hit DJ Smith. The NFL seems really inconsistent to me on these fines sometimes.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Hit isnt' the same. DJ Smith was watching Brown. And he didn't at the head like Taylor did.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
11 years ago

Hit isnt' the same. DJ Smith was watching Brown. And he didn't at the head like Taylor did.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Yeah instead he took his knee out. Yes, the new agenda is the head, but I still find little use for chopping the knees out. Hence why I really think the NFL is more motivated by the wallet and the continuance of the game than player safety on these fines for hits.

Otherwise, cut or reach blocks at the knees should be out of the game already.

On the Taylor Block.. by the letter of the law, it is legal, should it be? Debatable and hard to really play it if you are a player playing is space. Much like the defenseless receiver calls, some are being over protective. As a player, it is somewhat hard to specifically judge where a player is going to be and his body position when they are moving with momentum. It was a boarder line physical block.. could go either way. As a player, I would error on the side of popping him and debating it later. I would definitely appeal it... it applies the pressure back to the league on consistency and adjusting the rules back in line with their wallet protecting "vision".

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
11 years ago
It was a legal block. The defender was right there on the play, and SHOULD be watching for blockers. Was that Taylor's fault that he wasn't? No block, and he makes the tackle.
Just another B.S. move by the NFL.
I hope some of the Packer millionaires pay it off for him.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago

It was a legal block. The defender was right there on the play, and SHOULD be watching for blockers. Was that Taylor's fault that he wasn't? No block, and he makes the tackle.
Just another B.S. move by the NFL.
I hope some of the Packer millionaires pay it off for him.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Dude needs to keep his head on a swivel.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
11 years ago
I'll need to see video again... I thought it was a legal hit

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

I'll need to see video again... I thought it was a legal hit

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: beast 

Wow, from that angle it's horsecrap. Why don't they just put headlights on the front of everyone's jerseys that let out blinding light in a 120 degree angle. If you're not blinded by the light, you can't hit him!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.