Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

You're making a lot of rather bold and brash comments about this upcoming game my friend.

It would be a terrible shame if you had to eat copious amounts of crow in the foreseeable future......[grin1]

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

Probably.. but I look at it this way. If the Packers fail to come out in this game, off the ass beating by the Giants, and don't take care of business; eating crow won't be the only disappointment upon the weekend and the season.

That, in my opinion, will foretell the future tale of the 2012 Chapter of the Green Bay Packers. It will not end up where i expect it to be.

Nutshell.. this is a must win for the Packers. I am selling out based on that opinion.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
gbguy20
11 years ago

It is a tool to offset a strong pass rush.. often with the backers falling into coverage and the pass rush teeing off on a passing situation.. it opens a huge gap to exploit and it plants a seed in the pass rush to at least pause and look for the run. Threat of the run does an offense wonders.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I like the explanation. It has suddenly clicked with me why we run it on 1st and 20 almost every time. Explanation is nice, execution is horseshit.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
If I had to choose one, it would have to be Jones. He is the only one who hasn't dropped a ball.

But I would feel just about the same for any receiving option. Jones, Nelson or Finley on a fade to the left, or any of them on a designed roll out to the right.

Just make sure it is quick or Rodgers doesn't need to stand in the pocket.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
play2win
11 years ago

Hypothetical game situation (It will be the Vikes and will never happen).. this Sunday, Packers trailing by 4... 2 seconds on the clock we are in the redzone on the 9 yard line. Jennings is playing and seems healthy. Rodgers at the helm and no other injuries have been sustained to the offense.

What play do you call and whom would your target be?

Who do you trust to make a play and win the game for you?

As it stands, I trust Jones, Nelson, Jennings and Cobb equally in that situation. I cannot pick one over the other.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago
Okay.. here is what I would run.

Jones split wide left (seems more comfortable on left of Rodgers).. Finley covering the left tackle.. Cobb slot right, Nelson wide right.

Green in the Backfield for a chip and leak. Basically safety valve. Worst case.. he could create if he has a bit of open space.. lined up right of Rodgers and chipping over Lang.. leaking right.

Bring Cobb in motion to the left across the formation to a couple yards outside of Finley's outside shoulder.. his route will be a drag route back across the middle of the field with Finley chipping then releasing up the seam off Cobb's drag route.

Jones pressing the sideline of the endzone driving toward the back corner and Nelson running the 5 and post.. crossing in front of the defender drawing attention of the safety on hash.

Depending on how the defense reacts to Cobb's drag, I target either Cobb on the crosser with Nelson picking up a block or fire it for Finley in the seam right near the GL. My guess is the defense is going to pull up and follow Cobb coming across and creates a throwing lane for Finley on the GL.

I throw it low and inside forcing him to curl his body slightly and creating a soft landing for him to cradle the catch and bring it into the basket.

Film currently says Cobb is the feature.. Finley is a late option. Jennings is watching with the layoff. Jones seems to be having trouble creating space currently and Nelson seems up and down with focus or something.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Okay.. here is what I would run.

Jones split wide left (seems more comfortable on left of Rodgers).. Finley covering the left tackle.. Cobb slot right, Nelson wide right.

Green in the Backfield for a chip and leak. Basically safety valve. Worst case.. he could create if he has a bit of open space.. lined up right of Rodgers and chipping over Lang.. leaking right.

Bring Cobb in motion to the left across the formation to a couple yards outside of Finley's outside shoulder.. his route will be a drag route back across the middle of the field with Finley chipping then releasing up the seam off Cobb's drag route.

Jones pressing the sideline of the endzone driving toward the back corner and Nelson running the 5 and post.. crossing in front of the defender drawing attention of the safety on hash.

Depending on how the defense reacts to Cobb's drag, I target either Cobb on the crosser with Nelson picking up a block or fire it for Finley in the seam right near the GL. My guess is the defense is going to pull up and follow Cobb coming across and creates a throwing lane for Finley on the GL.

I throw it low and inside forcing him to curl his body slightly and creating a soft landing for him to cradle the catch and bring it into the basket.

Film currently says Cobb is the feature.. Finley is a late option. Jennings is watching with the layoff.

I would change, Kuhn instead of Green. He is much better at chip blocking, and with the yardage, Kuhn has more mass to run over a defender or three. I would also reverse cobb and finley. Kuhn can put a better chip on, and protect rodgers blind side better than Finley. Finley seems to chip better on the right side.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago

I would change, Kuhn instead of Green. He is much better at chip blocking, and with the yardage, Kuhn has more mass to run over a defender or three. I would also reverse cobb and finley. Kuhn can put a better chip on, and protect rodgers blind side better than Finley. Finley seems to chip better on the right side.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I focused to the left so that Rodgers can setup quickly in the drop throwing a crisper pass left than right.. if you go Cobb, that would be a quick read and catching him in the middle.. but the throw to Rodgers down the left seam as it is more natural and if all hell breaks loose.. a quicker escape for a right handed QB with a more direct setup than one with a pass attempt to the right. All about the footwork.

That said, maybe I don't worry about Rodgers as he has proven he can make all the throws from a variant of bases.

Basically.. I want to create movement and changing the coverage responsibility to maybe invoke a bit of confusion with the defense.. and trying to get Cobb a clean release.

The chip from Finley is a light chip, basically all it would do is make sure to protect Newhouse's outside shoulder for a moment so he can get setup, he generally is solid if he can get setup.. but he gets in trouble in the first step.

Kuhn... I have little confidence in him pick up 9 yards on a leak route.. although he would handle contact better.. I am hoping that Green creates space and avoids contact. Kuhn might be a better option.. but I really don't trust Starks on a pass attempt. So it would Kuhn/Green mix.. hoping for space so I went with Green.
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
I think we'd be a lot more effective in the 4 wide reciever set if we double team their best pass rusher with the back...We did this against JJ Watt If I remember correctly and we had a bunch of time on several occasions to throw the football.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I am 17 hours to late.

UserPostedImage
KUUUUHHHNNN into the stands after the winning catch and knocking Greenway, Winfield and Raymond to the ground.

Actually I would want to see the ball go to Jordy. He will make the catch. Count on it.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (2h) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (3h) : *signs
Martha Careful (5h) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (5h) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (6h) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (6h) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (6h) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Martha Careful (19h) : Bobby Wagner signs 1 year deal with Redskins
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : Thankfully he lets balls betweens his fingers.
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : But no worries, they still have Quinten Johnston!
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : I'm sure Justin Herbert is thrilled with that idea after the Chargers lost Austin Ekeler and Gerald Everett
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : That is true. I was thinking Allen would be the release, not Williams.
beast (13-Mar) : Seems like Williams is often injured and is coming off an ACL injury. Rumor had it Chargers were looking into trading their top 2 WRs
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : Chargers releasing WR Mike Williams. Whoa.
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : Trying to think of who would be a realistic cut possibility and surprising at the same time.
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : I fear a surprise cut coming today.
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : I'm still kind of shocked we got a top RB and top S. IN FREE AGENCY!!! So weird!! haha
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : lol Brian wanting Ted's guys gone. Umm, they were also Brian's guys ... kids these days.
Martha Careful (13-Mar) : Key point made by Nonstopdrivel . Loyalty does not trump winning
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : You realize Gute was a regional scout for over a decade and was director of college scouting for GB before he was GM?
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : Whatever you say Mucky.
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : *scouting process
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : *cut
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : And Gute isnt some outsider, he probably oversaw the accounting process of players that he later cur
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : Whether Ted or Gute drafted them is irrelevant to that
Mucky Tundra (13-Mar) : Uncle Buck, most guys from the 2017 roster are no longer here because their play declined due to age or were going to cost too much to keep
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : Time to drop it.
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : No issue, nobody's gonna change my mind, I'm not gonna change anyone else's mind .
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : Packers made low offer. Get your money where you can. What's the issue?
Zero2Cool (13-Mar) : Jones was right to leave.
Nonstopdrivel (13-Mar) : This is a business. Why the freak do we care about loyalty? The point is to WIN, not hang on to aging players.
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : In other news The Packers just lost Simone Biles to The Bears.
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : Be a good soldier , take a pay cut, or get the hell out.
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : Funny how "team loyalty" only works one way in Green Bay.
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : Are still there? The Packers screwed Aaron Jones because he decided he wasn't going to take another paycut.
buckeyepackfan (13-Mar) : Hey Mucky how many guys that were on the roster in 2017
CanPackFan (13-Mar) : I'm pretty sure Jones felt like he was being low balled and stopped negotiations vs continuing. GB would have met that Minny offer
beast (12-Mar) : Jones is everyone's guy
Martha Careful (12-Mar) : You tell em Mucky!!!
Mucky Tundra (12-Mar) : So the idea that Gute axed Jones because he wasnt one of "his guys" is just silly
Mucky Tundra (12-Mar) : He also spent lavishly on big FA in 2019, again guys who weren't picked by him and again moved on from them after a time
Mucky Tundra (12-Mar) : Here's some facts: gute gave out pricey extensions to guys picked by Ted and moved on from them when they got old/injuries became a detrimen
Mucky Tundra (12-Mar) : Facts? Stretch before you reach.
buckeyepackfan (12-Mar) : Just stating the facts Mucky,
buckeyepackfan (12-Mar) : Check an article posted by Martha, in the Jones thread. That's where I got the quote.
Mucky Tundra (12-Mar) : Gute got rid of Jones because he didnt draft him? Lol I think nerd hacked Buckeyes account
Zero2Cool (12-Mar) : He was asked if he expects Jones in 2024. Context matters.
Zero2Cool (12-Mar) : He didn't say it though. God damn this is why i hate the slander BS.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3h / Random Babble / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

12-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.