Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Vilified last year.. savior this season.

According to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com, the Packers have agreed to a deal with running back Ryan Grant, who will sign today. The source on this one is solid — Grant himself.

"PFTalk" wrote:

http://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/statuses/276329180524851200 

The #Packers and @RyanGrant25 have agreed to terms and the running back will sign with his old team this morning, per Grant.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Packfan87
11 years ago
Love Grant

Not thrilled that we're so injured we're forced to call on him however...
gbguy20
11 years ago
I am so happy to have grant back, pretty upset we lost starks tho.
Porforis
11 years ago

Vilified last year.. savior this season.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Let's not call him a savior until he's actually done something this year, m'kay? I'm not saying he's going to suck or anything, I'm just cautious considering nobody's signed him until now. But it's nice to have a little more depth that's had NFL experience, as well as experience in our scheme.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago

Let's not call him a savior until he's actually done something this year, m'kay? I'm not saying he's going to suck or anything, I'm just cautious considering nobody's signed him until now. But it's nice to have a little more depth that's had NFL experience, as well as experience in our scheme.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Oh.. it is not that I think he is the answer to our issues or that he is going to ignite the offense.

But instead, those that repeatedly stated he sucked will now be excited to add him to the roster.

Grant has been a solid back for us.. knows the offense.. it is a logical fit and there should be little doubt that he will provide some relief.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
11 years ago

Oh.. it is not that I think he is the answer to our issues or that he is going to ignite the offense.

But instead, those that repeatedly stated he sucked will now be excited to add him to the roster.

Grant has been a solid back for us.. knows the offense.. it is a logical fit and there should be little doubt that he will provide some relief.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I've never said he's sucked, I just always wished we had someone slightly better. I guess my concern at this point is if he's still in tiptop football shape, mentally and physically. If we get the old Grant back or something pretty close to it, it will be a huge boost. Although I'd still rather have Cedric Benson (unless his old fumblitis comes back).
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
We need a body that can come in if needed.

Grant was much the same as Starks and Green. If the line blocked well, he was good. when the line doesn't do their job, he sucked.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago

I've never said he's sucked, I just always wished we had someone slightly better. I guess my concern at this point is if he's still in tiptop football shape, mentally and physically. If we get the old Grant back or something pretty close to it, it will be a huge boost. Although I'd still rather have Cedric Benson (unless his old fumblitis comes back).

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Not pointing the finger in any direction specifically.. but it was and always will be the next guy in line in the better choice.

I yearly hope we draft a blue chip type back that can support the elite passing game we have and help close out games. I supported Benson being added as he, IMO, is a better fit for our offense than Grant. But that doesn't mean Grant was garbage either.

Chat.. threads.. it was filled with "he runs into the the backs of the lineman" or "can't break a tackle". Those same quotes now will be to give him time over Green.. feature him. Etc.

Basically.. Grant is a known commodity to the Packers and will be a steady back that can be utilized quickly and provides an ready option. Nothing more can be expected. Anything more is a gift..

But that won't stop some from elevating their expectations only to be disappointed and start clamoring for the next guy. The calls for Harris or White will start after a couple of carries. We seen it earlier this season.. we see it every season.

Like those that could find no flaw in Rodgers last season only to call him a stat whore this season. Even thought the guy is still playing the position at levels few ever obtain and does everything he can to propel this team to victory with a torrid pass rush weekly chasing him down.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
seems like a reasonable move. Grant knows the system. Aaron Rodgers and coaches know what he can do. He always seemed to pick it up in December.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago
There are still options on the team better than Grant. Green will get the majority of the running attempts, next Kuhn, and throw in a few gadget plays to Cobb. After that, we might see a little of Grant. I doubt we'll see much of him this week, and why would we run against the Lions when there is a porous secondary to exploit?

Wait a minute, just checked the weather - 60% chance of snow for Sunday in Green Bay and it's a night game. This has the makings of a slobbernocker. I don't have good feelings about this one, but I didn't feel good going into last week's game either.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.