Zero2Cool
11 years ago
That's a parenting thing, not a generation thing. If we raise our kids to be lazy, they will grow up to be lazy. If we make excuses and say pathetically ignorant bullshit like 'oh its kids now days' or 'well thats the generation they are' you are a weak minded undeserving soul. I see lots of parents like this around and it irritates the hell out of me. Parents piss and moan about their kids and yet do NOTHING to right their path.

I don't know when this happened of if it's always been the "norm"...it just seems parents expect their kids to be righteous without doing the work themselves. Perhaps it's a product of Americans being slaves to their job and lacking them the time necessary to properly raise their children? I don't know, but I do know I'm fed up with parents and their excuses instead of results.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
11 years ago

And you wonder why I call you a dumbass? Fran Tarkenton - run around behind the line of scrimmage like a jackass and then chuck up some quail.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Incredible, it seems that the depths of your ignorance know no limits.

As for the age thing - I'm 44 now and can still work like a man in his twenties.

You definitely must be referring to physical work, although even that is doubtful.

Intellectually...well in your case, my long dead Grandfather could still outperform you in that regard.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I don't know about that, we just grew up differently. We played outside all day instead of playing video games. There weren't too many fat kids in my day. The world is a lot more automated today then 30 years ago.

I took my kids sledding a couple of weekends ago. Three times down the hill and they were ready to go home cause they were tired walking up the hill. I told them the only thing that made us go in the house was being cold.

My parents never once took me sledding. We went all the time and froze our butts off. But then we knew once we got back home we had chores to do so why go home.

As to Bob's old man question, normally I don't refer to anyone under 75-80 as "old" except when talking to my secretary. She thinks anyone over 50 as being old so I use the term in order to relate to her. But that is ok. I refer to people in their early and mid 20's as looking like they are about 12.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Anyone over 25 is older than dirt

which is me in 2 years

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

After an earth science class my son when he was in jr high explained to his mother that she was in fact older than dirt. He may have gotten points for his knowledge he got none for his wisdom.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Incredible, it seems that the depths of your ignorance know no limits.

You definitely must be referring to physical work, although even that is doubtful.

Intellectually...well in your case, my long dead Grandfather could still outperform you in that regard.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

get a room guys you are cluttering up this thread.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Perhaps it's a product of Americans being slaves to their job and lacking them the time necessary to properly raise their children?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

BINGO! =d>

That sentence earns you an applause point.

This country needs a revolution. Americans have become slaves to their jobs and the results have been neglected kids and erectile dysfunction medications.

Vikes..Terry Dillon played with me for two years at Montana. He was a great running back and defensive back, (we played both ways back then) and played in the 1962 East-West Shrine Game. He was drafted by the Vikings and played one year as defensive back, then came back to Missoula to work on the construction of I-90, and fell off a bridge just west of Missoula that summer. His body was found three weeks later about 5 miles downstream.

He was engaged to a beautiful girl at the time, and I remember that I and another player from the team spent several hours with her and her parents trying our best to help her coupe with what happened.

I still think of all the times he saved me from having to punt deep in our own territory, and especially the time he told me to run on a fake punt....I scored my only collegiant TD on the play....as he noticed that the defense was always pulling all linemen out when we punted. I went 55 yards untouched on that fake.

Number 22 is in my Hall of Fame.

MontanaBob wrote:

Beautiful story, Bob. I feel really bad for the young girl.

So I gotta ask you though, does it bum you out that Ray Guy is not in the Hall? Dad and I just had this conversation not too long ago.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
SINCITYCHEEZE
11 years ago

After an earth science class my son when he was in jr high explained to his mother that she was in fact older than dirt. He may have gotten points for his knowledge he got none for his wisdom.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

How many hours did it take for him to wake up from being knocked out [boxing] by mom?🤣

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
I thought the point of progress was that you didn't have to work as hard.

(shrug)

I'm a lazy bum. I'm happy to let the rest of you do the hard work. I'd rather sit and watch you put shingles on the roof while I sit on the deck drinking a martini and bluffing with a pair of deuces.

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I thought the point of progress was that you didn't have to work as hard.

(shrug)

I'm a lazy bum. I'm happy to let the rest of you do the hard work. I'd rather sit and watch you put shingles on the roof while I sit on the deck drinking a martini and bluffing with a pair of deuces.

:)

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Yeah, that was supposed to be the point. Machines would do the work so humans can focus on important things, like art and sex.

Didn't happen. We're worse off than we were 20 years ago.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
11 years ago

Yeah, that was supposed to be the point. Machines would do the work so humans can focus on important things, like art and sex.

Didn't happen. We're worse off than we were 20 years ago.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Because we have to import our laborers from south of the border. If only the fright wing would realize they can't have everything their way.

I absolutely loathe sitting in a cubicle with a shirt and tie on, although I've done that a lot in my life. Give me the fresh air and some power tools anyday.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.