gbguy20
11 years ago

Packers defeat Bears - Packers are in (if the Packers lose out and the Bears win out, Packers win division due to 2-0 in head to head)
Packers go 2-1 but lose to the Bears, Packers are NOT in (If the Packers finish 11-5 and the Bears win out, the Bears will have 11-5 and the Packers will tie the Bears divisional record at 4-2. Packers lose out on common opponents)

So if the Packers are going to choose their own destiny, they either beat the bears or win the final two games.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I'd almost rather be "out" in this scenario and go in as the 5 or 6 seed. Dome/warm games in the playoffs please. I would not be against winning the division, Lambeau just worries me in the playoffs lately.
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
The important thing is that the Packers destiny if in their own hands.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
Win out and go for #1 seed. Just need a little help from Gmen, Lions and Bucs beating Atl, while SF loses to Pats and were gold.

If we stay at #3, looking like a home game against Da' Bears, skins, boys or Vikes. Then at SF.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

This time, Jarret Bush doesn't start at CB.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Hopefully this time Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw a gift interception just when ALL the momentum had swung The Packers way.

[sarcasm]

Blaming a loss or thinking the outcome of the game will be different because of one player IS ABSOLUTE FOOTBALL IGNORANCE!!!!!!

Packers just need to take care of their own business the next 3 weeks, They win out, there's a pretty good chance they will get a bye and be ready for whoever comes a callin'
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
mi_keys
11 years ago

Packers go 2-1 but lose to the Bears, Packers are NOT in (If the Packers finish 11-5 and the Bears win out, the Bears will have 11-5 and the Packers will tie the Bears divisional record at 4-2. Packers lose out on common opponents)

So if the Packers are going to choose their own destiny, they either beat the bears or win the final two games.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This is actually inaccurate. If we lose to the Bears and win out we'll be 5-1 in the division to their 4-2. We'd win the division on that tie breaker.

If we finish tied to Chicago in a scenario where we have the same division record (we lose to the Bears and Vikings *pukes* and Chicago loses to Arizona) we'll advance on common opponents. The simple way to determine common opponents between two division rivals is to look at the only non-common games they had. In any given season you only have 4 non-common games: the two head-to-head (which we must assume are split or this conversation is moot) and the two games against teams finishing the same rank in the division the year prior. For the Packers this year, we lost to the Giants and won against the Saints. The Bears beat both the Cowboys and the Panthers. If we finish with the same record that means we'll have the better record against common opponents.

In short, we'll have the tiebreaker over the Bears in any scenario in which we finish with the same record*

*Includes a three-way tie with Minnesota. A three-way tie in Minnesota could end with the Packers winning the division on best division record; or Minnesota winning the division on common games (lost to both the Redskins and Bucs). We can't finish behind Minnesota in division record, only tied or ahead. Chicago would finish 3rd on common games regardless.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Cheesey
11 years ago
Beat the Bears, and then whoever is next!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
What has to happen to get the 1 seed, 2 seed and 3 seed? Someone, BREAK IT DOWN please.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

What has to happen to get the 1 seed, 2 seed and 3 seed? Someone, BREAK IT DOWN please.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

GB win. The others Atl and or SF lose.

SF can lose its next two games. which are @ New England and @ Seattle. Then home for a win over AZ.
Atl has an easier schedule. NYG, @ Det, Tampa.

If GB goes 2-1 and SF 1-2 GB is the 2 seed.
Atl would have to go 0-3 and GB 2-1. Both would be 11-5 but GB would have the better conference record.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

This is actually inaccurate. If we lose to the Bears and win out we'll be 5-1 in the division to their 4-2. We'd win the division on that tie breaker.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

That it is, thanks!
LambeauEast
11 years ago
As far as I'm concerned, if the Packers get the #2 seed, that might as well be #1 seed bye proxy. I don't know about you guys, but I don't buy the Falcons at all, and feel they will be 1 and done, therefor making all visitors en route to NOLA come thru Lambeau.

Now, getting the rematches with the 49ers and/or Giants that everyone seems to think the outcome would be different in any way for some strange reason, I'm not so sure about. But that hurdle would be attempted to be jumped when the time comes.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.