wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
A lot of times Appleton motels are booked by this time of the year. I usually stay at Oshkosh. It is only about 40 minutes or so depending on the traffic. (3 lanes each direction around the Appleton area and 2 lanes each direction the rest of the trip.)

I always park for free in the streets and walk in 10-15 blocks. Go to Stadium View's outdoor party and grab a brat and then head in.
If this is your 1st trip or you want to get more of the tailgate ambiance then I don't see why you couldn't park in one of the parking lots that are just a little closer to the stadium.
I can not imgaine any of the tailgaters both those in the Stadium parking lot and those who are doing their own thing at other locations not inviting you to join them esp since you are from across the county AND honeymooning it.

I have looked at the Sheboygan motels in the past. They are about the same as the ones in Appleton thru Oshkosh just a few less.

Congrats.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Hey Veg you deserve some appreciation for your game day info.
+1
You too F4E for making your honeymoon trip to Mecca! Well done. My wife and I went to St Louis but we knew the team was going to open the season in Houston. that was alright. We caught the game on the tv and the venues weren't too crowded with the other fans.
UserPostedImage
bigfog
15 years ago

Hey guys, I'm thinking about making the pilgrimage for our honeymoon.

"vegOmatic" wrote:

LOL. I'm doing the same thing for my honeymoon. Going out to Green Bay when the Bears come to town. We've been to Green Bay before; last year we went to the Lions game, but this will be the first game we attend as man and wife.

Crazy, I wonder how many other people make Green Bay their honeymoon destination :icon_smile:

"bigfog" wrote:

Buncha lightweights. People get MARRIED at Lambeau Field during the game!

"favrefourevre" wrote:

I wanted to! But, the wife-to-be said no... :whipitgood:
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
mkapp
15 years ago
I let everyone at work know I was going to be on vacation. I said I would be making my inaugural pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Green Bay, WI.

They all rolled their eyes.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Oh those of little faith.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
15 years ago
Hey guys, so after the disappointing loss yesterday I was really down in the dumps. Losing 5 games by 4 points or less can really destroy someone, especially when you think your team is one of the better teams in the league.

Well, I figured what the hell...lets see how much Packers tix are going for now. I stumbled across 2 tix going for $65 in section 109 row 48.

I am going to my first Packers game at Lambeau Field ever and even though we are 5-8, I couldn't be more pumped!!!

I am going to the December 28th game of coarse...only remaining home game against the Lions...so I would like to say it is a gauranteed win...who knows.

Any suggestions from fellow Packers fans (what to go see, what to do, etc etc) upon my amazing trip to one of the most greatest and historical places in sports?

All information would be greatly appreciated.

-Sean
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Wow, I don't have any info, as I have never been there myself. Haven't even been to America for that matter 😛.

Have fun though, I know what I would do, buy all kinds of crap in the Packers Shop and go to pretty much anything I could find inside that stadium. 😛
Cheesey
15 years ago
CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!
There are a few things.......one of the most important is: DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! If it's cold (which it usually is that time of year) it can be a miserable 3 hours if you don't wear the right clothes.
Also.......the seats are just metal bleacher seats. So spend the $5 each and rent the cushoned clip on seats that they rent to people on the way into Lambeau Field. WELL worth the 5 bucks.
If you have time, check out the Packer Hall of Fame, which is in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Bring LOTS of money to buy souvineers if you can.
Parking on the stadium grounds is only for those with the parking permits, so give yourself time to find a place to park before the game if you are driving.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
15 years ago

...only remaining home game against the Lions...so I would like to say it is a guaranteed win...who knows.

-Sean

"AKamp74" wrote:

This will be my new sig...come December 29th. ::razz:

Seriously, have a good time Sean.

But really, that will be my new sig....guaranteed :thumbleft:
Formo
15 years ago
Nice man. Enjoy it. Hope for your sake the Pack beat the Lions like they did on Sept. 14th.

Ok, maybe not. =P

CONGRATS Akamp!
You will LOVE it!
There are a few things.......one of the most important is: DRESS FOR THE WEATHER! If it's cold (which it usually is that time of year) it can be a miserable 3 hours if you don't wear the right clothes.
Also.......the seats are just metal bleacher seats. So spend the $5 each and rent the cushoned clip on seats that they rent to people on the way into Lambeau Field. WELL worth the 5 bucks.
If you have time, check out the Packer Hall of Fame, which is in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Bring LOTS of money to buy souvineers if you can.
Parking on the stadium grounds is only for those with the parking permits, so give yourself time to find a place to park before the game if you are driving.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! :thumbleft:

"Cheesey" wrote:

Lambeau has bleacher seats?!

You'd think with the recent renovations they did to that thing they would've put real seats in there... Eh, I guess, it IS outdoors.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.