Zero2Cool
11 years ago

I will only say this, and let the rest of you say whatever you want ... in my opinion, the fact that people are actually contemplating with all seriousness the idea of a permanent armed police presence in schools is nothing more than evidence that compulsory education is an idea whose time has come and gone.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Hey, it's concept made everyone happier at airports, why not at schools too?
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago

I hardly doubt James Madison had assault rifles in mind when inking the 2nd amendment so I really would like ignorant people to quit tossing that around out of context. Firing off ... what rifle they have back then ... a musket? versus something like an AK47? There's a bit of a difference there you knuckleheads!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

And when inking the first amendment, I highly doubt he could have envisioned that a single idiot could spread disinformation or stupidity in a matter of minutes to millions of people or that the press could instantly release information around the globe. But, you don't see people suggesting that we ban the internet. Hell, the internet's used by terrorists and plenty of people have died as a result of the internet, including young children that have killed themselves after cyberbullying and child predators that locate their victims online. You could counter with "Well, bullying existed before the internet as did suicide and terrorists managed to kill perfectly fine without the internet". The exact same arguments can be made and are made when it comes to guns.

While the whole "Well, the founding fathers would have wanted..." argument is shaky at best unless you're a constitutional scholar, so is the "Well, they couldn't have envisioned..." counterargument.
Pack93z
11 years ago

And when inking the first amendment, I highly doubt he could have envisioned that a single idiot could spread disinformation or stupidity in a matter of minutes to millions of people or that the press could instantly release information around the globe.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Actually they more than likely did envision changes.. hence the open nature of the Constitution and the Amendments.

Events of their days shed light that the world would continue to evolve. From Ben Franklin's inventions, to the Boston Tea Party and Paul Revere's ride. Would they have envisioned what we have today.. maybe, maybe not. But they certainly knew we would evolve, and they also knew we would have times of struggle and change. Paramount throughout their thoughts were to remain free.

Now, banning assault weapons.. is that really reducing our freedoms? If so, then start revoking almost every law on the books as it is an infringement of our freedoms.

Why not just tear it all down and rebuild from the Constitutions and Amendments up. 🤔

BTW... 1927, Bath Township, MI.. Andrew Kehoe. Killed 44 people, 38 children using explosives. If a person snaps and wants to kill.. they will.

We can talk about the guns all we want, but until we fix the people behind the guns, are we truly solving the problem?

Mental health, education, and people unafraid to intervene are going to help a ton more than removing guns from hands. I think the third point there is the key, I would bet most of us know someone that just isn't quite right. Their clocks just spin differently than the normal ranges of society. They are walking that line of crazy, but we try to pacify them to avoid setting them off. Yet we refuse to say anything or get involved. Even the law enforcement, courts and doctors try and stay out of the fray. Dare not profile though..

Yes we need to do something, the frequency of these spree killings are increasing.. but I fail to believe that just closing the loop on guns is the only action that would get results in reducing this type of crime. It goes much deeper than that in this society. This world.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
11 years ago
I keep hearing the argument that people are going to kill regardless of the weapon chosen, so why do we insist on removing the assault rifle? The answer is because it has no other purpose but to kill multiple people in a short period of time. This weapon has no other purpose in our world, and should be removed from civilians out of everyone's cold dead hands if necessary.

It doesn't fix the mental aspect of the people that kill, but it does go a long way in safeguarding us from ourselves.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

I keep hearing the argument that people are going to kill regardless of the weapon chosen, so why do we insist on removing the assault rifle? The answer is because it has no other purpose but to kill multiple people in a short period of time. This weapon has no other purpose in our world, and should be removed from civilians out of everyone's cold dead hands if necessary.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I agree.. there are certain weapons that should be removed.. no disagreement here. However were do we stop? A lever action is faster than a bolt for example. Some modifications to a semi automatic and you have a dangerous weapon. Gunpowder is easily accessible, especially if you reload. I have no interest in allowing all favors of weapons out there for legal purchase, but I also wish them to stay true to the foundation of this country.

My point is simply, it is not just the weapon that needs to be addressed, actually that is the lesser of the direct needs. My opinion.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

It doesn't fix the mental aspect of the people that kill, but it does go a long way in safeguarding us from ourselves.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

But you are wrong. They have other purposes. People use them all the time, and if there was not other purposes, it would mean that they are all out killing mass amounts of people. Instead of mass amounts of cans or paper targets.

Personally, I won't buy one because I enjoy marksmanship more than throwing loads of cash away in a burst of lead. But that is me. Others like to shoot them for hobby and fun.

Simple fact is, a pistol with 10 round clips can shoot the same amount of bullets in only a few seconds more time. Banning guns because of a shooting like this, is like banning Dancing and Loud music because some kids got killed in a car accident.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

But you are wrong. They have other purposes. People use them all the time, and if there was not other purposes, it would mean that they are all out killing mass amounts of people. Instead of mass amounts of cans or paper targets.

Personally, I won't buy one because I enjoy marksmanship more than throwing loads of cash away in a burst of lead. But that is me. Others like to shoot them for hobby and fun.

Simple fact is, a pistol with 10 round clips can shoot the same amount of bullets in only a few seconds more time. Banning guns because of a shooting like this, is like banning Dancing and Loud music because some kids got killed in a car accident.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

You're wrong, big time. Dancing and Loud music were never used repeatedly to kill mass amounts of people.

What are the other purposes of an automatic weapon other than firing off mass amounts of bullets to more efficiently kill mass amounts of living things? I ask honestly because I'm truly ignorant here.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

You're wrong, big time. Dancing and Loud music were never used repeatedly to kill mass amounts of people.

What are the other purposes of an automatic weapon other than firing off mass amounts of bullets to more efficiently kill mass amounts of living things? I ask honestly because I'm truly ignorant here.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I suppose you could use them for a door stop, or decorative art. Bottom line is that people are pissed and the left wing is going to shove this issue up the right wing's ass while the iron is hot. I could care less if assault weapons or 20 round clips are removed from the shelves - I just like to see how far radical right people will take their argument.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago
Call me a tinfoil hat theorist all you want.. but this article brings up great questions. And I'm left to believe, even prior to reading it, that there's a lot more to this than what we are being told right now.

http://www.sott.net/article/254873-Sandy-Hook-massacre-Official-story-spins-out-of-control 

The massacre of 20 children and 7 adults at the Sandy Hook elementary school last Friday was one more in a long line of atrocious mass murders committed in the USA. By now, four days later, an official version of events has more or less solidified to explain the chain of events. The familiar 'lone gunman' narrative has once more stoked the hot-button issue of gun control and left the general population as clueless as ever as to why people suddenly 'go postal' and target the most vulnerable members of society. On closer inspection, however, there is clearly more to many of these mass shootings than meets the eye. Very often the earliest reports present information that directly contradicts key foundations of the final 'official' analysis of events. Granted, confusion is natural when a story breaks, but some of the initial reports conflict so completely with the lone gunman narrative that I'm going to compile them here and then try to put this tragedy in a more objective context.

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
I just read all of Niall Bradley's article and it is a work of brilliant brainwashing material. It reminded me of my psychology teacher's example of how to manipulate the mind with twisting details, omitting facts and inserting "gotcha" opinions. It also illustrates very well how "me first" of a society our news reporting is. News outlets want to have the first story because it will be the first found in search engines. If you doubt this, I can provide evidence. Look at our most visited date when we had over 1k visits. Take note of the date and and ask yourself what happened on that date that PH posted about FAR earlier than most news outlets.

This Niall Bradley fella is a master manipulator of the weak minded. It is actually amusing to read the brainless folks who lack mental fortitude soak it up ... but in the same sense it deeply saddens me as a Human that we're so ignorant as a group. We let people cleverly put words together and omit human nature, context and common sense. And more importantly, facts are left behind.

I expect this article to be analyzed by psychology professors all over as it is brilliantly worded and laid out to prey on the ignorant. I wish I had the time and patience and lets be honest, the give a damn to point by point defuse this articles objective.
UserPostedImage