DakotaT
11 years ago

I guess we should ban cars also and airplanes because they kill alot more people than guns do. Look at Chicago and how strict their gun laws are working? They have the highest murder rate in the country and why is that? I'll tell you why and that is because you are taking guns away from regular people that only have them for self defense and who has the guns? The criminals aren't going to worry about any gun laws and what they can have and can't have.

Here is something for you to look at:

Read up on this town, so once again tell me about not having guns.

I may sound heartless but I am actually tired of hearing about the shooting, kids die every day why don't they get the media coverage? I was so pissed when they cut into the Sunday night football game for that slimebag of a president, when you knew he was there to use the grieving families for his own good of taking away another one of our rights and thats right to bear arms.

If he uses his powers and pushes a ban thru, it will start the end of the United States of America and the revolution will start. But maybe the jerk in office might want that.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Why can't you guys ever argue apples to apples. Assault weapons killed these kids and other massacres around the country. All this tangent arguing is futile. You're not losing the second ammendment, you're losing the right to own an assualt weapon. Real big difference. Don't worry, you can still come out and use your shotgun on some pheasent someday Haze, or were we snipe hunting?

Sorry boys, but Barry isn't the antichrist, but keep your fingers crossed, maybe Hillary is. Can't wait until she's elected and watch you guys really climb the walls.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Oh yes, the jobs creator argument. (I really wish we still had the eye roll smiley) I might as well just call up Rush instead of talking to you, then I'd get the information right from the jackass' mouth. It's been a real bad year for you fright wingers: lost the election, going to lose on the budget, and now guns. I'm surprised the revolution hasn't started yet.

Please come up with something else that would have more merit that saving some lives by elimating these stupid assault weapons.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Do gun manufacturers employ people? Do ammunition manufacturers employ people?

Yes, we lost the election, will lose the budget. And We means all of us, you are just not bright enough to realize it.

And once again for your simpleton mind. Eliminating these weapons, WILL NOT save lives.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
11 years ago

Do gun manufacturers employ people? Do ammunition manufacturers employ people?

Yes, we lost the election, will lose the budget. And We means all of us, you are just not bright enough to realize it.

And once again for your simpleton mind. Eliminating these weapons, WILL NOT save lives.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Gun manufactureres can just sell hand guns, shot guns, and rifles. No need for assault rifles. You still have not come up with anything relative or useful, dumbass.

I'm willing to pay more taxes, just as long as all the rich fucks are forced to as well. See I'm a real Reaganite, not a Newterite like you. Reagan raised taxes many times when it was necessary. It's necessary right now so get your checkbook ready.

I'm sure you're right - because assault weapons are not prevelent in drive by shootings or gang wars - just redneck target shooting is what they are used for.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
11 years ago

Why can't we put a cop in every public school? At a minimum, it's one less cop hanging tickets on the taxpayers for traffic violations.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

I have a better idea, why not use some of our soldiers coming home that can't find work? It would create jobs and also make our schools safe :)

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

But you've yet to provide a purpose these weapons serve other than mass killings. I doubt you come up with anything yet. I understand the fright wings spin on the issue, but I haven't heard a reasonable, legitimate reason why society needs assualt weapons available to it. Work on it and get back to us.

"Society" doesn't need them.

"Society" has the armed forces to protect itself.

Weapons are necessary to protect those who would resist oppression, including the oppression that gets legitimacy from the bleatings of sheep as long as the sheep are in the "majority."

I think if I could go back in history and remove one thinker from our past, it wouldn't be Mao or Keynes or even Marx. It would be that bloody Frenchman Rousseau who started us down this route with his natterings about "social contracts" and the like.

The state will always have superior force until that moment when its armies decide to join the revolt. That fact has been true ever since humans decided to organize themselves in groups larger than small villages. But the fact that those who would fight oppression are going to be outgunned is not an argument that they should be unarmed.

Funny thing, I seem to remember something about this little country somewhere where every home pretty much has automatic weapons in it. Not semi-automatics, automatics. What's that country again? And, no, I am *not* talking about Israel.

Pfft.

Sorry, I promised to stay under my rock, didn't I. But I effing hate grading and I still have several inches of it needing to be done. That always makes me cranky.

You can all go back to arguing about the wrong issues again.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Gun manufactureres can just sell hand guns, shot guns, and rifles. No need for assault rifles. You still have not come up with anything relative or useful, dumbass.

I'm willing to pay more taxes, just as long as all the rich fucks are forced to as well. See I'm a real Reaganite, not a Newterite like you. Reagan raised taxes many times when it was necessary. It's necessary right now so get your checkbook ready.

I'm sure you're right - because assault weapons are not prevelent in drive by shootings or gang wars - just redneck target shooting is what they are used for.

Will eliminating assault weapons stop drive by shootings. No. Will eliminating assault weapons stop nut from shooting up schools and other places. No.

Those are the simple facts you either CAN'T comprehend, or simply refuse to.

You cry about people wasting money on weapons, and you have no problem, giving money to the biggest wasteful spenders there are, government. Talk about a dumbass.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dhazer
11 years ago

I hardly doubt James Madison had assault rifles in mind when inking the 2nd amendment so I really would like ignorant people to quit tossing that around out of context. Firing off ... what rifle they have back then ... a musket? versus something like an AK47? There's a bit of a difference there you knuckleheads!

I've thought quite a bit more about this and I don't think abolishing guns entirely is the answer. Killers will find ways to kill, albeit far less efficiently. I would rather see a strong push against assualt rifles and automatic weapons. I'm not a gun expert so my terminology is probably crap. But guns that fall into the mindset of the context of the 2nd amendment ... no issues there with me. It's the guns where you can fire off 14 shots in 90 seconds or hold a trigger an rake down a forest that I feel need to be more adequately outlawed.

Thing is ... we have gun control currently in nearly every state so is MORE really the answer or do we need to look deeper?

I believe Texas is the only state you can conceal a loaded weapon. Again, I'm ignorant on that so I could be mistaken.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Kevin you keep bringing up automatic weapons, do you know what you have to do to get a full automatic weapon? Each weapon has to be registered and every year you have to send money for a permit. So it's not like its easy to get a full auto rifle and if you are caught with one without a permit, you will see jail time. And the permit is for each gun not for whatever gun you buy.

Sorry just wanted to put that out there for you.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

Will eliminating assault weapons stop drive by shootings. No. Will eliminating assault weapons stop nut from shooting up schools and other places. No.

Those are the simple facts you either CAN'T comprehend, or simply refuse to.

You cry about people wasting money on weapons, and you have no problem, giving money to the biggest wasteful spenders there are, government. Talk about a dumbass.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

You have to pass the law and then enforce before you begin to make a dent. Ownership/possession of an assault weapon lands you in prison cell. Yeah, that's a big deterrent to crime.

The only people crying are you fright wingers - it's just a right of passage with all of you and it doesn't matter if it's taxes, guns, health care or whatever - you're all just a bunch of whining, pussies. You can't win elections without cheating and your sad, sad political platforms are laughable.

I think people that sit around and actually think that if they stock up enough ammo and guns so that they can protect themselves from their own government, belong in hospitals for reprogramming.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
11 years ago

When did spraying bullets around equate to target shooting? Just think if all the money wasted by men collecting small militias in their basements was actually used for something useful like feeding the homeless or cancer research?

PFWT - you have some weak ass arguments - please come back with something more concrete. You're wasting our time.

Here, for all of you that like to masturbate with stats, this is interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/opinion/blow-on-guns-america-stands-out.html?src=me&ref=general&_r=0 

Have you ever shot an AR15 or AK47? These guns are very accurate guns at a long distance. You are stereo-typing people by thinking everyone shoots these guns in bursts. I love target shooting with an AR. But then again you are against anything that you haven't tried :P

UserPostedImage
dhazer
11 years ago

"Society" doesn't need them.

"Society" has the armed forces to protect itself.

Weapons are necessary to protect those who would resist oppression, including the oppression that gets legitimacy from the bleatings of sheep as long as the sheep are in the "majority."

I think if I could go back in history and remove one thinker from our past, it wouldn't be Mao or Keynes or even Marx. It would be that bloody Frenchman Rousseau who started us down this route with his natterings about "social contracts" and the like.

The state will always have superior force until that moment when its armies decide to join the revolt. That fact has been true ever since humans decided to organize themselves in groups larger than small villages. But the fact that those who would fight oppression are going to be outgunned is not an argument that they should be unarmed.

Funny thing, I seem to remember something about this little country somewhere where every home pretty much has automatic weapons in it. Not semi-automatics, automatics. What's that country again? And, no, I am *not* talking about Israel.

Pfft.

Sorry, I promised to stay under my rock, didn't I. But I effing hate grading and I still have several inches of it needing to be done. That always makes me cranky.

You can all go back to arguing about the wrong issues again.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Switzerland

The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule (German for "recruit school"), the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers).

Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home. Up until October 2007, a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition (50 rounds 5.56 Mike McCarthy / 48 rounds 9mm) was issued as well, which was sealed and inspected regularly to ensure that no unauthorized use had taken place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland 

UserPostedImage