mkapp
  • mkapp
  • Registered Topic Starter
15 years ago
Not sure where the training camp thread went, but here is some info on practice today.

Green Bay - Here's a quick rundown of what went on today:

* Players out: S Atari Bigby (ankle), LB Brandon Chillar (lower back), LB A.J. Hawk (chest), WR James Jones (knee sprain), S Charlie Peprah (hamstring), DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring), OG Josh Sitton (knee sprain), C Scott Wells (back) and CB Charles Woodson (knee bruise).
* DE Cullen Jenkins was back. DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila practiced but his right knee does not look up to speed.
* Aaron Rodgers had his reps scaled way back since he won't be playing much on Thursday night.
* The performances of the two rookies, Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn, in his place left a lot to be desired. It was almost as if Monday was a practice designed to work on the defense picking off passes, because it was raining interceptions and poorly thrown balls. Brohm had a ball tipped by Colin Cole, which Brohm caught himself. Brohm was also intercepted by Aaron Rouse and Nick Collins. Flynn was even worse, throwing into the arms of Rouse, Desmond Bishop and Abdul Hodge. And I didn't even watch 7-on-7 because I was over at the one-on-ones.
* Brohm did, however, improve as practice went on.
* In the final one-on-one battles of training camp in full pads (Tuesday's finale is in shells), the offensive line came out ahead 14-11-3.
* Here are the o-line records from today (most wins first): Breno Giacomini (3-0-1), Daryn Colledge (3-1), Tony Moll (2-0), Chad Clifton (1-0), Mark Tauscher (1-0), Allen Barbre (1-1-1), Brennan Carvalho (1-1-1), Jason Spitz (0-1), Orrin Thompson (0-1), Ryan Keenan (1-3), Junius Coston (1-3). Barbre had the only decisive win for the o-line. Coston (two), Keenan and Barbre each had decisive losses.
* Defensive line: Daniel Muir (4-0), Rodney Allen (2-1), Alfred Malone (2-2), Colin Cole (1-0), Jason Hunter (1-1-2), Michael Montgomery (1-2), Johnny Jolly (0-1), Jeremy Thompson (0-2), Conrad Bolston (0-2-1), Cullen Jenkins (0-3). Muir (three), Malone and Allen each had decisive victories. Allen had a decisive loss.
* Montgomery pulled up lame with an apparent knee injury on his final rep.
* Jarrett Bush got a lot of time at safety with Tyrone Culver.
UserPostedImage
walleye
15 years ago
Thank you for the updates, greatly appreciated.
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
bigfog
15 years ago
Funny how many in the media said that Brohm was the "most pro ready" out of all the QBs in the draft.

If he were in a regular season game right now, yikes. Goes to show that the NFL ain't a walk in the park.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Roddyboy
15 years ago
It's funny.

A-Rod wasn't much his first year (Still don't think he's that much), but everyone's jumping on Brohm.

Guess he's the new whipping boy for the A-Rod apologists.

Oh well. ::wink:
blank
chibiabo
15 years ago

Not sure where the training camp thread went, but here is some info on practice today.
aste!

Green Bay - Here's a quick rundown of what went on today:

* Players out: S Atari Bigby (ankle), LB Brandon Chillar (lower back), LB A.J. Hawk (chest), WR James Jones (knee sprain), S Charlie Peprah (hamstring), DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring), OG Josh Sitton (knee sprain), C Scott Wells (back) and CB Charles Woodson (knee bruise).
* DE Cullen Jenkins was back. DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila practiced but his right knee does not look up to speed.
* Aaron Rodgers had his reps scaled way back since he won't be playing much on Thursday night.
* The performances of the two rookies, Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn, in his place left a lot to be desired. It was almost as if Monday was a practice designed to work on the defense picking off passes, because it was raining interceptions and poorly thrown balls. Brohm had a ball tipped by Colin Cole, which Brohm caught himself. Brohm was also intercepted by Aaron Rouse and Nick Collins. Flynn was even worse, throwing into the arms of Rouse, Desmond Bishop and Abdul Hodge. And I didn't even watch 7-on-7 because I was over at the one-on-ones.
* Brohm did, however, improve as practice went on.
* In the final one-on-one battles of training camp in full pads (Tuesday's finale is in shells), the offensive line came out ahead 14-11-3.
* Here are the o-line records from today (most wins first): Breno Giacomini (3-0-1), Daryn Colledge (3-1), Tony Moll (2-0), Chad Clifton (1-0), Mark Tauscher (1-0), Allen Barbre (1-1-1), Brennan Carvalho (1-1-1), Jason Spitz (0-1), Orrin Thompson (0-1), Ryan Keenan (1-3), Junius Coston (1-3). Barbre had the only decisive win for the o-line. Coston (two), Keenan and Barbre each had decisive losses.
* Defensive line: Daniel Muir (4-0), Rodney Allen (2-1), Alfred Malone (2-2), Colin Cole (1-0), Jason Hunter (1-1-2), Michael Montgomery (1-2), Johnny Jolly (0-1), Jeremy Thompson (0-2), Conrad Bolston (0-2-1), Cullen Jenkins (0-3). Muir (three), Malone and Allen each had decisive victories. Allen had a decisive loss.
* Montgomery pulled up lame with an apparent knee injury on his final rep.
* Jarrett Bush got a lot of time at safety with Tyrone Culver.

"mkapp" wrote:

:blackeye: Too many players out with injuries for my taste.
blank
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Funny how many in the media said that Brohm was the "most pro ready" out of all the QBs in the draft.

If he were in a regular season game right now, yikes. Goes to show that the NFL ain't a walk in the park.

"bigfog" wrote:

This goes to show that the media is guessing just like the rest of us.

The difference between you and me and the media is they get paid for their opinions. That's it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
mkapp
  • mkapp
15 years ago
Green Bay - And just like that, they're gone to behind a green screen or inside the Don Hutson Center.

The Green Bay Packers held their final public practice of 2008 this morning. As usual, the weather was perfect. Boy, did the Packers luck out this year with the weather or what? Maybe there were a few drops of rain, but that was it. Not one practice came close to being washed out. And the temperatures were very mild.

Onto a couple of notes from a very tame practice:

* Players out: S Atari Bigby (ankle), CB Charles Woodson (knee), S Charlie Peprah (hamstring), LB A.J. Hawk (chest), C Scott Wells (back), CB Al Harris (back), OG Josh Sitton (knee), DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring), WR James Jones (knee), DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee) and DE Michael Montgomery (groin).
* Player returning: LB Brandon Chillar (back).
* Brian Brohm was intercepted by Will Blackmon as Brohm forced a pass into coverage.
* As long as RB Ryan Grant is fine on Wednesday, he will start Thursday's game and play as long as the first team does (about 10 plays);
* McCarthy on training camp in general: "I thought the quality was high, what I refer to as the way we practice. Our tempo and the energy that we had out here was far better than the first two years. I think the less practices helped us in that. I felt our football players were out here working to improve. They weren't out here trying to survive. They were thriving individually, and I think that's important and I think the schedule helped them. On the negative side, I thought it was disjointed. I thought the scheduling part of it was a little disjointed, the three six-day weeks in a row. But I'm pleased with the amount of work, the quality amount of work we were able to get done."
* The team had less snaps in practice because they had fewer practices. "It's more percentage of breaking the snaps down as far as how they fit into different situations. I take a common grid that people use. I refer to it as you take the number of situations percentage-wise over the course of the season, I've charted it, I've got the last five years up on my board, and I try to make sure that reflects what we're getting done practice-wise, and then there's areas we feel we may need to stress more, red zone or maybe short-yardage this year, so I kind of balance that out. That's how I distribute the snaps."
UserPostedImage
Tiger
15 years ago
Theres a reason why Matt Ryan went where he did and Brohm fell...
blank
mkapp
  • mkapp
15 years ago
9/10:

Green Bay -- Here's the rundown of what went on today:

* Both CB Charles Woodson (toe) and WR Ruvell Martin (right hand) are dealing with fractures. Coach Mike McCarthy said both should be fine for the game. Martin was wearing a large cast on his hand. He initially suffered the injury against Denver but it got worse last week in practice. "Ruvell's had a hand fracture that he's been dealing with, and he's been playing with it. It's just a matter, it's re-occuring. It's really gotten to a point where we just want to be smart with him and give him a chance to heal. He's played very well throughout. It was never even a factor in him practicing or playing in the games. He had a very nice catch on the one puma route there in the game Monday night. We just don't want this to be a season-long situation for him."
* On Woodson: "It really depends what happens week to week, as you know. Charles has played with a lot of things, so we have all the confidence, and based on the communication with him he'll be ready to go this week."
* RB Brandon Jackson is dealing with a concussion that McCarthy deemed mild. "Brandon Jackson showed up today and was having some trouble yesterday. I would classify it as minor. Hopefully he'll work out tomorrow and complete the test that's in place for concussions. That was a little bit of a surprise to all of us this morning."
* S Atari Bigby (left ankle), LT Chad Clifton (knees), DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee) and RB Ryan Grant (hamstring) were limited. C Scott Wells (back) did not participate. OG Josh Sitton (knee) is out.
* WR James Jones was back and looked good.

9/11

Green Bay - Here's what went on at practice, which started on Hinkle and then moved inside The Hut after it started raining:

* Brandon Jackson (concussion) went through the jogthrough in pads and then did rehab after that;
* LB Brandon Chillar sat out, along with Charles Woodson, Scott Wells, Josh Sitton and Ryan Grant.
* S Atari Bigby (bicep, ankle) was back.
UserPostedImage
Packnic
15 years ago

Theres a reason why Matt Ryan went where he did and Brohm fell...

"Tiger" wrote:

I hope its the same reason Alex Smith went where he did and the reason why Aaron fell.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.