MontanaBob
11 years ago
To each and everyone of you out there in Packerland and those few from VikingLand and else where, have a very merry Christmas and may you have a happy New Year..........blah, blah, blah and all that stuff.

More important, I got revenge on the neighbor hoodlums, (kids of a young age) last night in a monstrous snow fight right in the middle of our cul de sac. You may remember that we went at it a couple of years ago when I nailed them unexpectedly from behind my truck. Last year they got me as I was unloading groceries from our car and my arms and hands were sort of "tied up" with bags. They thought they were home free, but I had a whole year to plan the revenge attack.

Fortunately Luke, one of the Hoodlums Dads, was in with me, and we set this up perfectly. The Hoodlum Gang was sledding down our hill last night, from terrace D, (one level above our street), down through a utility company easement, to level B, which is in Lukes backyard. Vertical drop of about 350 feet. Once they were heading down there was no stopping unless they bailed out or ran into a wayward Elk or Moose. We let them get comfortable going scott free for several runs, then we let them have it.

They set themselves up as they all came down right in a row.....8 of them just like sitting ducks. As they hit the edge of my front yard and sped across our street, we hit them with shovels full of snow that we had strategically placed along the side of their sledding run. Twelve shovels full of snow, of which Luke and I managed to get ten of them as direct hits. Numbers eleven and twelve we somehow got each other.

Everyone then picked up snow and pelted each other for awhile, then, because I'm old, I called a time out and we went out back to our bonfire and had hot chocolate and snacks. A totally fun time.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
DakotaT
11 years ago
Great story Bob - the kind of story that use to be common, but sadly doesn't happen much anymore. Most people don't even know their neighbors. Merry Christmas to as well.

How is the snow pack this year? The south side of Bismarck is now dried out and we'll take the water again.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
11 years ago
Bob, you're a cheesehead that would be worthy to hang with, most excellent adventure.

And a very Merry Christmas to all.
MontanaBob
11 years ago
Troy, the snow pack is about 120% up high in the Missouri River Basin. Down low it's the shits....pretty dry. Over here at our level we're about average...above us is about 120% above normal. We have 20 inches in our yard. The water content is what counts in the snowpack and all of our snows have been very wet, heavy snows. Unfortunately our snow melt goes to the Pacific. I'll see what I can do about opening up Fort Peck Reservoir later this spring...send you some water. You need as much as two years ago???

And yes, these types of neighborhood happenings just don't happen much anymore. Around here in our small community they do,to some extent, but it's really sad that people just don't get to know their neighbors and have good times with them. Our end of our cul de sac has some great times together...cook-outs in the middle of the steet in summer, winter time cook-outs in the middle of the street, and spontaneous block parties anytime of the year. Even new people that move in are welcomed and made to feel part of the "block group." If they don't participate, we stick Viking stickers on their cars, and point at them when they drive up and down the street.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Pack93z
11 years ago
I have no exciting stories this year... it has been filled with days of work and juggling schedules... so thank you Bob for sharing your season of bliss.

Merry Christmas to all... remember to take a few moments to breathe in the season and enjoy each connection you make.

The highlight of my season so far, giving one of the God Daughters a drum set.. she is 4 and it was payback from years past. They called me at work this morning to tell me she was playing at 7am this morning. That is bliss.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Packerchick
11 years ago
Merry Christmas to you all from your most favorite female Packer fan. Hope you all have a great one.
I am a woman and I love football.
dyeah_gb
11 years ago
Merry Christmas to the greatest fans out there. I wish you all a happy and safe Christmas with family and friends.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
yooperfan
11 years ago
Merry Christmas to all Green Bay Packers fans from Michigans Upper Peninsula.
gbguy20
11 years ago
Merry Christmas, folks.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.