Porforis
11 years ago

Nor did Aaron's stat whoring.

Fucking assholes.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah, all that stat whoring with the slants everybody's been screaming at him about when we were having all kinds of success through the air. Clearly we should have just ran the ball, scoring 5 out of the last 6 possessions wasn't enough. We would have scored TDs on all 5 of those possessions if we would have just handed the ball off. Aaron also needs to throw the ball away after 4 seconds even if he's in the pocket or if there's no pressure.

](*,)
Porforis
11 years ago

Give it a break. Tramon was up being physical with a WR. Exactly what we want him to do. His hands hit the WR in the facemask. It wasn't intentional, it happens when playing physical. Woodson, Harris have had it happen also.

The problem was containment of Peterson on the left edge of the defense. He couldn't run up the middle, and had little success to the defensive right. Almost all of his gains was because he was able to bounce outside the defensive left.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Call me a wuss, but immediately going for the facemask at the snap and continuing to go at it for about 10 seconds afterwards when the play clearly wasn't running to his side of the field isn't being physical. It's being stupid, because the WR probably did something dickish to him the previous play. Whether or not the facemask at the beginning was intentional or not doesn't matter anyways, I'm surprised he didn't get ejected for continuing to go after the guy after the play was blown dead.

There's playing physical, and there's being overly aggressive at a very stupid time when you can't afford to be giving free first downs with the game on the line. I'll take a super-smart and disciplined football player over a super-physical football player any day.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

Call me a wuss, but immediately going for the facemask at the snap and continuing to go at it for about 10 seconds afterwards when the play clearly wasn't running to his side of the field isn't being physical. It's being stupid, because the WR probably did something dickish to him the previous play. Whether or not the facemask at the beginning was intentional or not doesn't matter anyways, I'm surprised he didn't get ejected for continuing to go after the guy after the play was blown dead.

There's playing physical, and there's being overly aggressive at a very stupid time when you can't afford to be giving free first downs with the game on the line. I'll take a super-smart and disciplined football player over a super-physical football player any day.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Except, that is not what happened. Tramon was attempting to Jam the WR. And he missed somewhat and hit the guy in the facemask. And they started going after each other, Tramon was pulled down, and they went after each other. It happens all the time. It has happened with Woodson, it has happened with Harris before Tramon. It happens with the Packers WR and defenders at times.

You all want them to be physical, until being physical results in a penalty. Then the same actions that were praised a play earlier becomes stupid.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
11 years ago

Except, that is not what happened. Tramon was attempting to Jam the WR. And he missed somewhat and hit the guy in the facemask. And they started going after each other, Tramon was pulled down, and they went after each other. It happens all the time. It has happened with Woodson, it has happened with Harris before Tramon. It happens with the Packers WR and defenders at times.

You all want them to be physical, until being physical results in a penalty. Then the same actions that were praised a play earlier becomes stupid.

I really don't get how you can look at Tramon's facial expression on that play and think "Gee, he's all business and just jamming the WR". If he used half that intensity on Adrian Peterson, maybe Tramon would have had a few more tackles on the game. Regardless, we're disagreeing on intent and we'll never know what his intention was. I also don't understand how anything beyond jamming the WR is "being physical". Yeah, okay he may have screwed up on a jam and hit the guy in a facemask. Dumb mistake but a mistake. Everything after that is extracurricular, the play is on the other side of the field, and completely optional.

I'm not saying Tramon needs to fall to the ground and get into the fetal position, but he doesn't need to drag the guy down with him, get back up and start going at it again after the play was over. That's not being physical, and I can't think of a single circumstance where I would be cheering on such a boneheaded move, and comparing Tramon's discipline issue on that play to Woodson and Harris doesn't really support your argument as Woodson soaks up a ton of penalties, and Harris wasn't much better. Stupid is stupid and myself and many others here will call it out whether it pays off or not.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

I really don't get how you can look at Tramon's facial expression on that play and think "Gee, he's all business and just jamming the WR". If he used half that intensity on Adrian Peterson, maybe Tramon would have had a few more tackles on the game. Regardless, we're disagreeing on intent and we'll never know what his intention was. I also don't understand how anything beyond jamming the WR is "being physical". Yeah, okay he may have screwed up on a jam and hit the guy in a facemask. Dumb mistake but a mistake. Everything after that is extracurricular, the play is on the other side of the field, and completely optional.

I'm not saying Tramon needs to fall to the ground and get into the fetal position, but he doesn't need to drag the guy down with him, get back up and start going at it again after the play was over. That's not being physical, and I can't think of a single circumstance where I would be cheering on such a boneheaded move, and comparing Tramon's discipline issue on that play to Woodson and Harris doesn't really support your argument as Woodson soaks up a ton of penalties, and Harris wasn't much better. Stupid is stupid and myself and many others here will call it out whether it pays off or not.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I would like to know how you can look and See his facial expression during that play. I sure as hell can't.

sure, he doesn't NEED to go after him. But, that is easy for us to say from the cheap seats. Its football and it happens. You all sound like a bunch of kids who have never played a physical game. Shit happens and sometimes tempers fly. and this time it happened at a bad time. that is about it.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
QCHuskerFan
11 years ago
I would like to see Tramon fall down in front of AP this week. At least then we have a chance of AP tripping and falling. Better odds of a tackle that way.
Porforis
11 years ago

I would like to know how you can look and See his facial expression during that play. I sure as hell can't.

I should have said "after the play", watching the way he calmly gets up, punches Simpson in the face, gives him two little slaps to the facemask, headbutts him it's clear that he was just defending himself after Simpson half-dragged him down. That's what happens when you show someone they can't be cheap with you in football, right? You get flagged then slap the dude around some more and headbutt him some more? Guess I haven't been paying attention.

sure, he doesn't NEED to go after him. But, that is easy for us to say from the cheap seats. Its football and it happens. You all sound like a bunch of kids who have never played a physical game. Shit happens and sometimes tempers fly. and this time it happened at a bad time. that is about it.

Kind of like how it's easy for us to say from the cheap seats that players shouldn't commit illegal blocks in the back 5 yards behind the return man on the other side of the field. But it's football and it happens and just because we have the brains to say "Gee, that wasn't a good time to let your anger get the best of you or show him that he can't just push you around without getting hurt back", we're a bunch of kids and wusses. Because only kids and wusses take a look at the good of the team and say that's more important than getting back at somebody that did something you didn't like.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (now) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.