Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
Well... Week one is upon us.. Starting a new thread in Zero's place. Not adding his numbers that he usually does.. his thing.

But attached are the comparison numbers between the teams through two meetings.. Split pretty evenly when comparing the teams. Even the dominance of the passing/running by the respective teams, this is closer than most of us Packer fans think.

Want to Chat Packers? Click GameDay Chat !

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 11 - 5 )
[list]
  • Total Offense = 13th
  • Passing Offense = 9th
  • Rushing Offense = 20th

• Total Defense = 11th
  • Passing Defense = 11th
  • Rushing Defense = 17th

• Points For = 27.1 (5th)
  • Points Against = 21.0 (11th)[/list]

• UserPostedImage
    Minnesota Vikings ( 10 - 6 )
    [list]
  • Total Offense = 20th
  • Passing Offense = 31st
  • Rushing Offense = 2nd

• Total Defense = 16th
  • Passing Defense = 24th
  • Rushing Defense = 11th

• Points For = 23.7 (14th)
  • [*]Points Against = 21.8 (15th)[/list]  VikesVsPackers MatchUp.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
    "The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    buckeyepackfan
    11 years ago
    Vikings come to Lambeau and beat The Packers, I'll tip my hat to them.
    AD might go for another 200yds, but just as before, it will not be enough.

Last weeks game proved one thing, the hardest thing to do in The NFL is to win on the road.

It took an almost perfect game by The Vikings, added to a sub-par game by The Packers D for The Vikings to squeak out a victory at home.

Home field-Advantage Packers
    Special Teams-Advantage Packers
    Defense-Push
    Offense-Advantage Packers
    PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE-Advantage Packers

I am betting Christian Ponder cannot have anohter 120+ qb rating.

I am betting Aaron Rodgers lights up the depleted Viking db's.

I am betting The Packers O-line will not give up a sack.

I am betting Vikings playing outside in 20 degree weather with the snow flying will realize about the end of the 1st quarter, they really don't belong in the play-offs.

This is Wild-Card weekend, time to weed out the pretenders, and let the contenders move on.

There is nothing that went wrong last week that can't be fixed. Just a few mental errors that really cost The Packers.

Hate to break it to you few gloom and doomers out there who just sit and wait for a mistake to be made so you can bitch, you are going to be very quiet Saturday night.

Packers 38 Vikings 13
    I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
    Cheesey
    11 years ago
    To the Packers: JUST WIN,BABY!!!
    UserPostedImage
    DakotaT
    11 years ago

Vikings come to Lambeau and beat The Packers, I'll tip my hat to them.
    AD might go for another 200yds, but just as before, it will not be enough.

Last weeks game proved one thing, the hardest thing to do in The NFL is to win on the road.

It took an almost perfect game by The Vikings, added to a sub-par game by The Packers D for The Vikings to squeak out a victory at home.

Home field-Advantage Packers
    Special Teams-Advantage Packers
    Defense-Push
    Offense-Advantage Packers
    PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE-Advantage Packers

I am betting Christian Ponder cannot have anohter 120+ qb rating.

I am betting Aaron Rodgers lights up the depleted Viking db's.

I am betting The Packers O-line will not give up a sack.

I am betting Vikings playing outside in 20 degree weather with the snow flying will realize about the end of the 1st quarter, they really don't belong in the play-offs.

This is Wild-Card weekend, time to weed out the pretenders, and let the contenders move on.

There is nothing that went wrong last week that can't be fixed. Just a few mental errors that really cost The Packers.

Hate to break it to you few gloom and doomers out there who just sit and wait for a mistake to be made so you can bitch, you are going to be very quiet Saturday night.

Packers 38 Vikings 13

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If you're right Buckeye, I won't argue with you for a whole year, OK. I won't get a mancrush on DD or Ryan Grant, I just won't argue with you. [grin1]
    UserPostedImage
    Pack93z
    • Pack93z
    11 years ago

If you're right Buckeye, I won't argue with you for a whole year, OK. I won't get a mancrush on DD or Ryan Grant, I just won't argue with you. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

UserPostedImage

That wouldn't last a freaking week.. you enjoy the banter too much.
    "The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    DarkaneRules
    11 years ago
    The o line may not give up a sack but Aaron will sure get himself sacked. He does it every game. I have learned to accept it at this point. It is who he is.
    Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
    Pack93z
    • Pack93z
    11 years ago
    I hope the Packers players read more predictions like Florio's here.. albeit that Florio is a Packer hater through and through.

Vikings at Packers 

MDS’s take: Six days after they played a great game in Minnesota, they’ll do it again in Green Bay. At this point, everyone knows the Vikings are going to ride Adrian Peterson, and defenses can’t stop it anyway. So that gives the Vikings a chance to put some points on the board, especially if Christian Ponder can play as well as he did on Sunday. Unfortunately for the Vikings, I don’t see Ponder playing as well at Lambeau Field as he did at the Metrodome, and I see Aaron Rodgers having a big game against the Vikings’ defense. The Packers will win this one and head to San Francisco.

MDS’s pick: Packers 34, Vikings 20.

Florio’s take: The Packers gave up 37 points to the Vikings in a game that could have given Green Bay a bye. Christian Ponder hasn’t lost since playing a key role in squandering a winnable game at Lambeau Field. And with Adrian Peterson’s shot at Eric Dickerson’s regular-season rushing record coming up 27 short, Peterson’s next goal will be the single-game postseason rushing record of 248 yards. Which is held, of course, by Eric Dickerson. All this one will need is Randy Moss rubbing his butt against the goalpost.

Florio’s pick: Vikings 30, Packers 27.

Porforis
    11 years ago
    Honestly, I think the fact that we came out flat doomed us, more than just the point deficit we got into. It allowed Ponder to get into a rythm, and Ponder's solid play was the difference maker. Peterson's going to get his yards, we did a good job of not allowing any home run runs but we can still improve a bit.

If the Packers can come out and score some points in the first quarter and get the crowd into it, the Vikings are in trouble.

Porforis' prediction: Packers 33, Vikings 27. Peterson gets 150-200 yards, Ponder throws for 220 or so with 2 TDs and a pick. Mason Crosby goes 2/3.
    flep
    11 years ago
    Woody is back for this and I think blitzes off the edge will make AP have to run inside more so hopefully will restrict his yardage.

I can but hope.

We have to stop Minny getting a lead on us like last game. If we do and put them in catch up mode it should help us more.

We win 30 - 20. (Yes 3 Mason Crosby FG's!!!!)
    Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
    UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
    Gaycandybacon
    11 years ago
    Woodson didn't play in those first 2 games. Coincidence that we gave up 200 yards each time? The guy lifts his team and I predict Peterson will not rush for a hundred yards. Dom capers and the defense will not take this anymore. This is the playoffs the urgency is up like hell right now. Like I said before I bet when Woodson makes at least 1 great play in the game it will spark something and will make the defense rise up to the occasion. And yes, one player can lift a team. The offense will also contribute to this by sticking to running the ball (which we had effectiveness in last weeks game),and with us back to full power on the WR side of things. We can do some creative stuff that will throw them off guard even more than last week.

I think this game comes down to which defense can take over the game. Last week that fumble turned the tide of that game, I don't think anyone can doubt that. And I just don't know how we can't win this game.. I mean we got our 2 leaders on defense back in the swing of things. Our offense is sparking at the right time. (13 TDs and 1 turnover in the last 3 weeks) I will be Very surprised if we get beat. It shouldn't happen.