Pack93z
11 years ago
Well.. here is more to the story.. I wonder if Jennings now understands how his comments in the press may impact others in the locker room?

Jennings left to explain sister’s Rodgers rant 

Jennings called his sister, who has since changed her Twitter name and made her account private, the moment he stepped out of the locker room.

"I'm like, 'C'mon, you can't do that to me,' " Jennings said Wednesday. "I'm not mad at her, I'm not saying it was right, I'm not saying it's wrong. It's her opinion. She puts me in a position where I have to answer to you guys, which, selfishly, that's unfair."

.......... {snip}

The timing of the comments were particularly notable because Jennings had by far his best game of the season, catching eight passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns. Rodgers, meanwhile, completed 28-of-40 passes for 365 yards, four touchdowns and a near-perfect 131.8 QB rating.

"I didn't care for it, particularly, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion," Jennings said. "Social media's like that. I look at my timeline sometimes and there aren't too many Greg Jennings fans out there sometimes. You know, she's entitled to her own opinion. I'm going to give her a call and let her see the playbook, and maybe she'll be more satisfied with the playbook this week and see if I'm implemented as much as she would like."

Jennings, who is a free agent this season, has stated several times in recent months that he's not sure if he'll remain with the Packers after this year.

"I just told her that she should probably say, 'These are your feelings and not mine," Jennings said. "I kind of play both sides of it because, as a person that's on Twitter and people who are on Twitter, you feel like you can say whatever you want to say. She's no different; she's just my sister, so it's a big deal. There are people who are on Twitter that say whatever they want to say every single day and it's no news.

"It's only news because she's my sister. There are probably more than her that are talking about Aaron, myself, the Green Bay Packers. It's not news when it comes to that, but, because she's my sister and my position and my situation, it can be news."

Jennings added that he has talked to Rodgers this week about the comments and that he believes there are no issues between the two. Jennings also said his sister's opinions were not the result of any private comments he's made around his family.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
musccy
11 years ago
Thanks for the article.

I get that it's his sister but cut this "entitled to your own opinion" B.S. Your sister just made you look like an ass. Tell her to S.T.F.U. and tell the media that you told her to S.T.F.U.

Cheesey
11 years ago
You have to ask, WHY does she hold that opinion?
I would believe it's because her brother feels "dissed" by the Packers, and told her so. So SHE is going out and making all the fuss.
Pretty classless thing she did.
I mean, what if Jennings DOES resign with GB? THEN how does all this nonsense look?
She should keep her opinions to herself. She isn't making anything better by opening her HUGE mouth.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Greg Jennings says he’s unhappy with his sister’s critical tweets about quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the Packers’ organization during last week’s game against Minnesota but he didn’t ask her stop tweeting or take down her Twitter account.

During the game, Jennings’ sister, Valyncia Jennings, tweeted a series of comments saying that Rodgers was ignoring her brother and at one point called him “the most overrated QB in the league! He is no where near Peyton or Brady! It sickens me, Peyton would avg. 5 TD with this squad!!!”

By Wednesday she had opened a new but private account, which means only people she’s approved can follow her Tweets. Jennings said Wednesday he wasn’t aware of any changes.

“I didn’t (ask her to take down her account),” Jennings said. “I just told her she should probably say these are (her) feelings and not mine. I kind of play both sides of it because as a person that’s on Twitter and people who are on Twitter, you feel like you can say whatever you want to say. She’s no different; she’s just my sister so it’s a big deal.”

rest 
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
11 years ago
Different times we live in now where people can broadcast any random thought to the entire world. I just wish people would use more discretion in doing so.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
musccy
11 years ago

Different times we live in now where people can broadcast any random thought to the entire world. I just wish people would use more discretion in doing so.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

I loathe twitter for many reasons, this being one of the main ones. 10 years ago there is absolutely no way that someone who is as irrelevant (w/ respect to football) has their opinion broadcast across the country and ESPN.
Pack93z
11 years ago
Maybe this squelches some of the over sensitive comments about Rodgers.. either way, he understands the game. Emotions of people are sporadic and overpowering at times.. why fret over it.

My opinion, this incident probably strengthens the chance of Jennings returning more than hurts it.

Rodgers, Jennings 'fine' after Twitter outburst 

When Greg Jennings' sister took to Twitter during last weekend's Packers-Vikings game to mercilessly criticize Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Packers fans immediately began to wonder what the rant might do to the NFL MVP's relationship with his two-time Pro Bowl receiver.

Apparently, not that much.

Jennings was left to explain why his sister called Rodgers the most overrated quarterback in the league – among a lot of equally unflattering things – in the locker room Wednesday, and on Thursday Rodgers made his first public comments about Valyncia Jennings' Sunday tirade.

On his weekly radio show, Rodgers told ESPN 540 in Milwaukee that the remarks will not damage his relationship with Jennings, whom he has played with for seven years and who had his best game of the season Sunday.

"(We're) fine. Totally fine," Rodgers said. "I mean, that kind of stuff is never going to come between myself and my teammates. I think we've all seen over the years, and in training camp we got a presentation about some of the stuff that athletes have said on Twitter that is a little silly. You just remember the power that Twitter has. The fact that someone's opinion can ring all over the country and get a lot of press like that. Stuff on the Internet, like it's said in one of my favorite movies The Social Network, it's written in ink. It stays there for a while. That being said, it's never going to come between Greg and I. We've got a great relationship. My brother says some silly stuff on his Twitter from time to time. I'm not going to fault Greg or his sister for anything that was said. There's family and emotions, so it's not a big deal."

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.