Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
It is my belief, that without the benefit of the play action, Ponder at this point cannot beat us.. so if we stop Peterson..

So ordinarily I would agree with the concept, but I just don't think Ponder with a bum elbow (listed as questionable) and playing in his first cold weather game can beat us.

So alas.. stop Peterson.. we improve our chances significantly. Hence the thread on this game.

Injury Report 

Christian Ponder, QB Questionable Jan 4
Comment: Ponder (elbow) was limited for a third consecutive practice Friday and is listed as quesitonable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay. However, he's expected to start. "I think he'll be all right," head coach Leslie Frazier told ESPN 1500 am Twin Cities on Thursday. "He's going to do everything he can to make sure he's ready to go. He's doing a lot more stuff mentally than physical right now. But he should be fine."

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
11 years ago
You won't stop Peterson. EVERY DC IN THE NFL thinks they can stop Peterson and what happens? Peterson gets his yards and Ponder finds people wide open.

So, don't.

Someone please even try to refute the facts I posted up there. I can go back years too. Every year, it's the same thing. GB vs Vikings - Peterson gets his yards, we win because we stopped the pass. The exceptions - well, there are 3 of them. Brett Favre throws for 7 TDs vs 0 INTs in 2 games and we lose them both (2009). Ponder has a 100+ rating last week and we lost that one.

So, stop the pass. AD will get his yards. AD = best player in the NFL, and that's not even debatable. These sports writers who are saying otherwise should be force-ably sterilized because one generation of idiots is enough.

Refute those facts I shared. I dare ya.

(I only went back 2 years because I'm lazy, but if you want to go back longer, you'll see the same thing - stop the pass and you beat the Vikings. Key in on stopping Peterson and you lose. Brett Favre sweep in 2009. Christian Ponder victory in 2012. What did those 3 games have in common? Anyone?)
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
11 years ago

You won't stop Peterson. EVERY DC IN THE NFL thinks they can stop Peterson and what happens? Peterson gets his yards and Ponder finds people wide open.

So, don't.

Someone please even try to refute the facts I posted up there. I can go back years too. Every year, it's the same thing. GB vs Vikings - Peterson gets his yards, we win because we stopped the pass. The exceptions - well, there are 3 of them. Brett Favre throws for 7 TDs vs 0 INTs in 2 games and we lose them both (2009). Ponder has a 100+ rating last week and we lost that one.

So, stop the pass. AD will get his yards. AD = best player in the NFL, and that's not even debatable. These sports writers who are saying otherwise should be force-ably sterilized because one generation of idiots is enough.

(I only went back 2 years because I'm lazy, but if you want to go back longer, you'll see the same thing - stop the pass and you beat the Vikings. Key in on stopping Peterson and you lose. Brett Favre sweep in 2009. Christian Ponder victory in 2012. What did those 3 games have in common? Anyone?)

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

AP will get his yards, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't contain him.

Let him take 8:00 off the clock to get 60 yards, rather than doing it all in one play.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

No one needs to refute those "facts"... there is a reason I posted this for this game. Ponder is winged... it will be even more dependent upon AP to keep them in it. To be clear... to me.. 100 and a score is containing him.

This thread has two purposes.. one.. take away the Vikings on facet.

Second, to give those that want to walk Capers a platform to tell him how to fix it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
11 years ago
But Zombie.. want a fact.

The Packers ran over 20 times the first game they played the Vikes.. won.. ran 16 times the second game.. lost.

Now.. prove that fact wrong.. or the many that I have posted with regards to running the ball over 20 time vs under and the winning percentages between the two. Your not the only one that pays attention to history. [grin1]
macbob
11 years ago
Here's my thoughts as Dom Capers on how to stop AP:

Look, the dude's not married, right? Fill his Green Bay hotel bed with a couple of hot bodies to wear him out all night, then he won't have the legs to last four quarters.

Packerchick? 4PackGirl? :-"

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

But Zombie.. want a fact.

The Packers ran over 20 times the first game they played the Vikes.. won.. ran 16 times the second game.. lost.

Now.. prove that fact wrong.. or the many that I have posted with regards to running the ball over 20 time vs under and the winning percentages between the two. Your not the only one that pays attention to history. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Holy No Ability to Stay On Topic Batman!

We're talking about Dom Capers and stopping the Vikings.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Here's my thoughts as Dom Capers on how to stop AP:

Look, the dude's not married, right? Fill his Green Bay hotel bed with a couple of hot bodies to wear him out all night, then he won't have the legs to last four quarters.

Packerchick? 4PackGirl? :-"

Originally Posted by: macbob 

Appears Macbob has been reading Lawrence Taylor's autobiography. =d>
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
OK, I can't make it any more clear than this. When the Vikings' QB has a solid day, we lose. When the Vikings' QB has a bad day, we win. AD cannot be stopped. We never stopped him before and we probably won't stop him until 2016.

AD has run 200+ yards and 170+ yards in defeats. It doesn't matter what AD does. What matters is what their QB does.

Here you go. I went back 4 years and there's not a single exception to my thesis. Not one.

Brett Favre 24-31-271-3-0 Result - 30-23 Vikings
Brett Favre 17-28-244-4-0 Result - 38-26 Vikings

Brett Favre 16-29-212-1-3 Result - Packers 28-24
Brett Favre 17-38-208-0-1 Result - Packers 31-3

Christian Ponder 13-32-219-2-2 Result - Packers 33-27
Christian Ponder 16-34-190-0-1 Result - Packers 45-7

Christian Ponder 12-25-119-1-2 Result - Packers 23-14
Christian Ponder 16-28-234-3-0 Result - Vikings 37-34

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
What zombieslayer said.

What nerdmann said.

Plus if the Packers are up by 17-21 at the half, it won't matter.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.