play2win
11 years ago

I do think being in MIN last week had a huge effect on the outcome of the game, and I believe now that the game is on our turf, we will see a different result, with GB winning. Something tells me we hold AD to under 100 yds... These Packers players are going to be jacked!

Originally Posted by: play2win 

99 yds....

:-)

29 rushing attempts by our RBs. Awesome!!!!!! That is the recipe to take us all the way. 25-35 rushing attempts will get us there.

Great win!!!! Like others here, I wish we had moved the ball in the 4th Q, but they at least know they've got something to work on before heading to SF. Go get 'em Pack!!!
buckeyepackfan
11 years ago

Vikings come to Lambeau and beat The Packers, I'll tip my hat to them.
AD might go for another 200yds, but just as before, it will not be enough.

Last weeks game proved one thing, the hardest thing to do in The NFL is to win on the road.

It took an almost perfect game by The Vikings, added to a sub-par game by The Packers D for The Vikings to squeak out a victory at home.

Home field-Advantage Packers
Special Teams-Advantage Packers
Defense-Push
Offense-Advantage Packers
PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE-Advantage Packers

I am betting Christian Ponder cannot have anohter 120+ qb rating.

I am betting Aaron Rodgers lights up the depleted Viking db's.

I am betting The Packers O-line will not give up a sack.

I am betting Vikings playing outside in 20 degree weather with the snow flying will realize about the end of the 1st quarter, they really don't belong in the play-offs.

This is Wild-Card weekend, time to weed out the pretenders, and let the contenders move on.

There is nothing that went wrong last week that can't be fixed. Just a few mental errors that really cost The Packers.

Hate to break it to you few gloom and doomers out there who just sit and wait for a mistake to be made so you can bitch, you are going to be very quiet Saturday night.

Packers 38 Vikings 13

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

How'd I do?
Ponder couldn't answer the bell, got that one right. 😄

🇦🇷 posted a 104.9 passer rating(23 of 33, 274 yards, one TD) Gonna give myself another "yes", Seemed like once Packers went up 24-3, they just wanted to run the clock as much as possible and get the game finished. Another "Yes" 😄

O-line did give up a few sacks, so I have to give myself a "no" on this one, but as I reviewd the game, All the sacks in 1st half and most in 2nd half was Aaron trying to find an open receiver and instead of throwing away the ball,or throwing into coverage, he took the sack. 😠

IMHO it took till the end of the 1st half for Vikings to realize they were done. Mostly because 🇲🇲 once again deferred and The Vikings chewed up almost 7 min of the 1st quarter and kicked the FG. Hell I'm gonna give myself a "yes" anyway. 😄

3 out of 4, I'll take it.

On to Frisco, 3 point underdog. really??? What's that you say Woody???
"WE'RE NOBODY'S UNDERDOG"

GO! PACK! GO!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DakotaT
11 years ago

How'd I do?

🇦🇷 posted a 104.9 passer rating(23 of 33, 274 yards, one TD) Gonna give myself another "yes", Seemed like once Packers went up 24-3, they just wanted to run the clock as much as possible and get the game finished. Another "Yes" 😄

O-line did give up a few sacks, so I have to give myself a "no" on this one, but as I reviewd the game, All the sacks in 1st half and most in 2nd half was Aaron trying to find an open receiver and instead of throwing away the ball,or throwing into coverage, he took the sack. 😠

IMHO it took till the end of the 1st half for Vikings to realize they were done. Mostly because 🇲🇲 once again deferred and The Vikings chewed up almost 7 min of the 1st quarter and kicked the FG. Hell I'm gonna give myself a "yes" anyway. 😄

GO! PACK! GO!

And the best part for you is that I can't argue with you for a whole year. I'll just have to take all your hypothesis on the Packers, read them, and then bite my tongue. Do you realize how painful that will be? But it was totally worth it.
UserPostedImage
play2win
11 years ago

How'd I do?

GO! PACK! GO!

Nice buckeypackfan! Well done!

Yeah, this one was big, as they all are. We got the Win. Hopefully we can build on this, learn from the mistakes we did make and raise our game for a much tougher opponent. Time to build.

Our OL needs to step it up bigtime, and McCarthy needs to keep his foot on the gas with the running game.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Bruised vagina.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8816625/2013-nfl-playoffs-christian-ponder-inactive-minnesota-vikings-matchup-green-bay-packers 

Webb will be starting. Makes AP even more important to Vikings game plan.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

pretty impressive. He beat Culter's time in folding like a cheap suit in a must win playoff game. There are not many NFL QB's who can claim that.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
gbguy20, I thought of pming you and getting together before the game but we ended up running late so it wouldn't have worked out.

cheesey, thought of you on my way through grafton and environs both heading to and returning from gb.

we had a great time.

The only problem we had was on the Packer drive to begin the 2nd half. I was watching the game when the dude behind me landed right on my back and threw me forward. I was able to get my hands up and into the backs of the two men in the row in front of me shoving them forward. Because my weight was on two of them they were shoved forward but able to keep their seats. (and not spill their beers. only a half glass left. for each of them.)

Apparently some drunk about 3 rows behind me got mad at the guy in front of him. I don't know if the guy in the lower row stood up to confront him, my guess is that he did. jerk in the 3rd row took a punch at him knocking him back into the guy right behind me. He in turn fell on me. I am assuming that was both of them on my back but I could not turn to look until they both got off of me. That took a little time.

Drunk 3 rows back was screaming at the guy he hit. And telling everyone to call security. Someone must have because one of the ushers showed up. Prior to this several people pointed out that he threw the punch so he would be asked to leave as well.

The usher asked the guy who got hit to leave along with his gf. I was trying to watch the game and KUUUHHHHHNNNNN's td (reception.) so I missed some of the details. I think he got up and left. 3 cops showed up and they had to drag the girl out.

Surprisingly the guy who threw the punch did not have to leave. I thought once Barney Fife got the couple up to the concourse and questioned them, the ops would come back down and take the other guy out for punching. (I am sure he will be fined by the NFL office after they watch tape of the game.) :-"

Piecing it together it sounds like the chick was groping on her guy. (According to the story of the guy who threw the punch.) bf was trying to return the favor and ended up getting the guy behind him who probably took umbrage that it wasn't the girl who was getting him. 🤷

It doesn't make sense to me since everyone had on some many layers and and how could the guy miss the girl sitting right next to him and grab the guy a row back? Now that is drunk.

During all of this my son went "Army" and was about to get into the fray and kill on my behalf. I asked him to let it go. It took him a while to calm down. I think he was going to go up the three rows and take out the guy who threw the punch.

I was thinking of telling my support guys in front of me I's buy them a beer but sales were shut off when the half ended instead of the end of the 3rd Q.

Fortunately the woman to my right was not in her seat. She is 4' 5" in heels (exaggeration this is football. She is only 4'2" and I have to fudge i her officially listed height.) and they would have hurt her if they landed on her.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
That really sucks. Stupid drunks. [mfing]
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
zombieslayer
11 years ago

It was what it was, a very ugly game.

Sound like you had a good night ZS, I was watching the game at a little playoff party at a friends house.
Problem being, said friend is a major cheesehead.....took some shit last night, but oh well.

With that said, Vikings fans have every reason to be proud this year.
After the last couple of years, to go 10-6 in regular season, beat the 49'ers, the Texans and split with the Bears and Packers and make it to the playoffs.
I'll take that for now

No excuses for the playoff game, it was what it was.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

Yes, you should be proud. Your team did better than what was to be expected. But read what I wrote to Pack93z below.

Woodson helped... but that was not the real factor.. that happened right at the LOS with the front seven, sometimes eight, playing the run first and remaining disciplined in their roles of sealing their responsibilities down. We pinched inside and remainder stout on the edges.. AP simply didn't have those cutbacks and lanes to exploit.

A couple time Matthews and Walden got pinched in... but for the most part the interior walled it off and we kept him from getting to the edge. If anyone gets a game ball... it should be BJ, Pick, Wilson, Neal, Matthews, Walden, Moses, Hawk, Jones, Etc. They are the grunts that let Woodson, Burnett, etc to come in and finish some of the plays off.

Pack93z wrote:

You may be right. I'll have to watch it again.

Frankly, we found the game boring and I wasn't too proud after winning this game. The game was handed to us. We didn't face the Vikings from Week 17. This was the junior varsity version of the Week 17 Vikings team.

I sincerely hope we don't go into SF being cocky.

And one last thing, I take back all the crap I said about Christian Ponder. He COMPLETELY EXCEEDED my expectations. Had he been in the game, I may be writing a check to VR right now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dhazer
11 years ago
I personally think that Webb starting really helped us and not because he can't throw the ball but his running. With the threat of him running kept our d-line in there assigned gaps, which AP was killing us with in the other games. Plus remember the 9ers have a scrambling qb and I don't think he is that great of a passer. Yes I know he is better than Webb but seriously I think Zero can throw better than him :)

I don't know about anyone else, but is this season kinda following the same as '10? We have alot of injuries during the year and get healthy for the playoffs and out of no where we find a running back that can be a threat.

I am liking what I see and I don't fear the 9ers and I really don't fear the Falcons, but then again I don't think the Falcons will win next week
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago
Jerry Rice absolutely fumbled that friggin' football, and now I want my payback.

[-(

[-x

🤣