Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Want to Chat Packers? Click GameDay Chat !

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 11 - 5 )
[list]
  • Total Offense = 13th
  • Passing Offense = 9th
  • Rushing Offense = 20th

• Total Defense = 11th
  • Passing Defense = 11th
  • Rushing Defense = 17th

• Points For = 27.1 (5th)
  • Points Against = 21.0 (11th)[/list]

• UserPostedImage
    San Francisco 49ers ( 11 - 4 - 1 )
    [list]
  • Total Offense = 11th
  • Passing Offense = 23rd
  • Rushing Offense = 4th

• Total Defense = 3rd
  • Passing Defense = 4th
  • Rushing Defense = 4th

• Points For = 24.8 (11th)
  • [*]Points Against = 17.1 (2nd)[/list]
    UserPostedImage
    Pack93z
    11 years ago
    I guess I will start the thread again, rather the Boss do it, but we are onto the Divisional Playoffs and Kev can use his executive powers if he wishes later.

A couple assumptions I will make.. I think we will be able to move the ball offensively, might not score a ton but I think we can score enough to win this game if we don't allow more than ~ 24.

With that said, I broke down the 49ers offense looking for trends.. things the might clue us to what the typically do and what we can take advantage of.

Here are a couple of points that stick out to me: (see linked PDF for stats)

1. The Niners put the ball on the turf a ton. 26 times they put the ball on the turf. 1.625 times a game on average. So try and exploit that.. Woodson and company try and pop that ball loose.

2. The Niners give up enough sacks as well.. 2.5625 per game. I hope we continue that trend and apply pressure.

3. Smith and Kaepernick's numbers are much of a wash.. but Colin seems to use the overall field better. Smith favored throwing to the right.. Colin is more balanced. This will apply more pressure across the defense.

4. The run game for the Niners has become less and less effective towards the end of the season.. only twice in their last 8 games have they hit the season average per carry. All CK starts.

5. The Niners want to run left on average, but against us they went opposite.. Walden/Moses and Pickett have to play their game. When the Niners run for more than 5 yards per carry, they score 28.5 points on average.. when not.. 21.8.

6. The Niners are inverted to the current norm in terms of play selection.. they run 53% of the time.

7. One other thing not on the stats.. The Niners are struggling in the field goal department almost as bad as we are. I think this is in our favor as I have more confidence in the Packers scoring TD's than the Niners.  Niners 2012.pdf You have insufficient rights to see the content.
    "The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    Pack93z
    11 years ago
    Ahhh.. on queue.. a story referencing Akers' struggles.

Harbaugh says there’s a “leader in the clubhouse” at kicker 

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EST

Reuters
    The 49ers sent both their kickers to Candlestick Park Monday, to continue the competition that will determine who kicks against the Packers Saturday.

And while 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said he had a hunch which way he was leaning, he didn’t divulge which way it was.

“We have a leader in the clubhouse and we’ll see that goes today and tomorrow,” Harbaugh said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. “It’s good competition and we’re working through it.”

Akers’ struggles (29-of-42 on field goals this season) caused them to sign veteran Billy Cundiff, who hasn’t been Mr. Automatic in the playoffs himself.

Breakdown of Smith Vs Kaepernick... attached image.  Smith Verses Kaepernick.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
    "The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
    Pack93z
    11 years ago
    Sure.. I don't wait for the thread til late in the this week and back in rolls the Boss. Sorry Kev.
    Zero2Cool
    11 years ago

Sure.. I don't wait for the thread til late in the this week and back in rolls the Boss. Sorry Kev.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Thank you for picking up my slack. I appreciate it greatly that you kept the ball rolling for PH in my absence.
    UserPostedImage
    Pack93z
    11 years ago

Thank you for picking up my slack. I appreciate it greatly that you kept the ball rolling for PH in my absence.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

No problem at all.. just to be clear it was for consistency only.. not trying to replace your efforts.

Just mentioning that the Opening post currently is reflecting the Vikes to eliminate doubt or confusion, nothing more. One could only wish we got them again on natural grass opposed to the Niners. \:d/

UserPostedImage
    San Francisco 49ers ( 11 - 4 - 1 )
    [list]

• Total Offense = 11th
  • Passing Offense = 23rd
  • Rushing Offense = 4th

• Total Defense = 3rd
  • Passing Defense = 4th
  • Rushing Defense = 4th

• Points For = 24.8 (11th)
  • [*]Points Against = 17.1 (2nd)[/list]

wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    11 years ago
    so it there a good reason for us to be looking at the disgusting viking logo? it is mocking the vikings which I can handle or an error in management? Which I will overlook.
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    11 years ago

No problem at all.. just to be clear it was for consistency only.. not trying to replace your efforts.

Just mentioning that the Opening post currently is reflecting the Vikes to eliminate doubt or confusion, nothing more. One could only wish we got them again on natural grass opposed to the Niners. \:d/

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Anyone can create the thread, anyone. All I ask is the similar information and structure be maintained. My reasoning for this is I want to create a tool that we can use to find/review each one. A consistent structure allows this.

I think I went the entire season without a gaffe ... ugh ... 🤦 🤦

Fixed, and fixed before wpr's post, might I add!
    UserPostedImage
    Pack93z
    11 years ago

Seems to be a step late today he is. UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    11 years ago

Anyone can create the thread, anyone. All I ask is the similar information and structure be maintained. My reasoning for this is I want to create a tool that we can use to find/review each one. A consistent structure allows this.

I think I went the entire season without a gaffe ... ugh ... 🤦 🤦

noted. I delayed while trying to come up with something witty and all I could think of it the mundane junk posted.

Now my head hurts.
    UserPostedImage