DakotaT
11 years ago

"Redistribution of wealth" won't do a damn thing. It will just give more money to the government to piss away.
If they can't be trusted to "live within their means" now, what makes you think that giving them trillions more will make them be better at money matters?
The debt will keep growing, and sooner or later we will end up like Greece if they don't learn how to NOT piss away what they take in already.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Funny, redistribution of wealth is just fine when we fight unnecessary wars to line the pockets of the wealthy stockholders of Haliburton, off the backs of the taxpayer.

The right wing can shove that redistribution shit up their ass, Cheesey! Tax the shit out of those wealthy pricks - they are still paying less here than they would anywhere else in the world.

As for cutting spending, I'm all for it - just so long as it's the military and not domestic social problems.
UserPostedImage
Formo
11 years ago

Funny, redistribution of wealth is just fine when we fight unnecessary wars to line the pockets of the wealthy stockholders of Haliburton, off the backs of the taxpayer.

The right wing can shove that redistribution shit up their ass, Cheesey! Tax the shit out of those wealthy pricks - they are still paying less here than they would anywhere else in the world.

As for cutting spending, I'm all for it - just so long as it's the military and not domestic social problems.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

If we cut the spending on the military war machine (which helps funds all our enemies' militaries as well), we wouldn't have to redistribute the wealth. And the already over-taxed wealthy could be able to give MORE.

Oh yeah, and we wouldn't have to worry about taking away their incentive to continue their wealth.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

If we cut the spending on the military war machine (which helps funds all our enemies' militaries as well), we wouldn't have to redistribute the wealth. And the already over-taxed wealthy could be able to give MORE.

Oh yeah, and we wouldn't have to worry about taking away their incentive to continue their wealth.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

The key word being "if", of course. Problem is, where do the cuts come? How much you want to bet it won't come among the general officers or the big money contracts and the influencers? Any more than the cuts to "social programs" will come from the administrators and the pet charities that suck off the government tit.

Next time you hear someone up the government/bureaucratic hierarchies, civilian or military, complaining about how terrible budget cuts are, look carefully at their department/agency. Look where the cuts are made (from the low tier employees and from the most deserving of the beneficiaries), and look where the cuts are not made (e.g., from the guys at the top and from the useless dead weight in the agency). In fact they'll often end up hiring/promoting that deadweight "in order to administer the growing needs imposed by the cuts forced on us."

Bah.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

And part of the reason America has been more productive than the rest of the world is that they've paid less taxes than anywhere else in the world.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
p.s., DakotaT. I'm still waiting for your quantitative evidence.

[grin1]
DakotaT
11 years ago

And part of the reason America has been more productive than the rest of the world is that they've paid less taxes than anywhere else in the world.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

America, and every other empire throughout history, built their wealth by the exploitation of the poor and through slavery. We like to say that we have these laws in place to protect workers, but then you get a bunch of like minded rich guys, banded together by wealth, to systematically destroy what gains men and women accomplished. To pour more salt in the wound - they come up with a political party that weak minded poor people can relate to and pit the poor against the poor.

Sorry boys, I'm not going to shed one tear for the wealthy that have to pay more taxes. They've taken advantage of the tax system for so long, it's time for them to step up. Robinhood is much greater than Romneyhood.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
11 years ago

p.s., DakotaT. I'm still waiting for your quantitative evidence.

[grin1]

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Go take a Jack Kerouac trip and give me some quantitative evidence of your own. I don't have any time. 30 years of trickle down is pretty evident throughout the slums of our country.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

Go take a Jack Kerouac trip and give me some quantitative evidence of your own. I don't have any time. 30 years of trickle down is pretty evident throughout the slums of our country.

You want to take trillions of dollars away from people (because, remember, the problem here is in the trillions, not just a few tens of billions), and you don't think it is necessary to have quantitative evidence first?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? When it comes to that liberal babble, you truly are an overly trusting soul.

Here's a bit of quantitative thinking for you:

I. Solving problems by taking from the rich.

1. How many billionaires are there in the United States?

2. How many billionaires would it take to make a trillionaire?

Answer to #2: 1000.
Answer to #1: 425 (per wikipedia)
So if you took ALL the wealth of the billionaires in America, you'd eliminate about ONE year of the deficit run by the Obama administration.

Source: Wikipedia.

II. How many people are "rich" in America vs. the rest of the world:

USA: 5.1 million households with a $1 million net worth (1.6% of population of 312 million).
Japan: 1.6 million households with a $1 million net worth (1.25% of 128 million)
China: 1.4 million households with a $1 million NW (0.1% of population of 1,344 million).

USA: households with a $100 million net worth: 2989.

Percentage-wise, a bigger proportion of our population is wealthier. Why is that, I wonder?

http://business.time.com/2012/06/05/number-of-millionaires-in-u-s-decreases-but-spikes-worldwide;  www.google.com/publicdata.

III. Thirty years of trickle down.

Comparing 1981 and 2011:
Personal income per person (in 2005 dollars): $19,100 in 1981, $37,000 in 2011 [increased by 94%]

Prices of particular goods/services people buy with their income (all expressed as a percent of 2005 dollars)

Durable goods (cars, furniture, recreational goods): 1981: 99% 2011: 91%. [8% cheaper]
Nondurable goods (food, clothing, gasoline, energy): 1981: 61% 2011: 119% [58% more expensive]
Services (housing, health care, financial services and insurance): 1981: 41% 2011: 117% [76% more expensive]

So, we're spending a lot more for services (e.g. health care), and quite a bit more for food and gasoline [when you separate things out, clothing is actually a bit cheaper]. And we're paying less for goods that last for awhile (furniture and the stuff in our garage and back yard).

And even the amount we've been spending for services, food, and gas? It has increased LESS than our income.

Sources: www.bea.gov (Tables 2.1, 2.3.4)

IV. The slums.

People in poverty:
1980 225,000
2002 285,000
Increase: 26.7%
Population increase over same period: (227 million to 287 million): 26.4%.

Percent of population in poverty, 1980: about 1/10th of 1 percent.
Percent of population in poverty, 2002: about 1/10th of 1 percent.

Poverty threshold 1980 (family of four): 6,628
Poverty threshold 2002 (family of four): 14,480
Increase: 118% [= change in CPI]
Increase in real GDP over same period: 45%

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/historical/rdp05.html 
http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/threshld/thresh80.html 
http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/threshld/thresh02.html 

V. Government "help" and taxation.

(This is from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, too, Table 2.9, which only goes back to 1992; I'm pretty sure these are not adjusted for inflation, but that doesn't matter for what I want to point out here.)

1. Personal income (total, not per capita): From $5,300 billion to $12,900 billion [increased by 143%].
2. Government social benefits to persons (Social security, medicare, medicaid, unemployment insurance, vet benefits): From $300 billion to $2,300 billion [increased by 666%; these are pure transfer payments, i.e. "redistribution"]
3. Contributions to government social insurance (what we pay for social security, medicare): From $200 billion to $900 billion [increased by 350%]
4. Personal taxes: from $350 billion to $1,400 billion [increased by 300%].

So, while increased productivity means our incomes have increased by 150% in the last thirty years, the tax burden we have has increased by three times that and our other "voluntary contributions" by 3.5 times, just so government can help us to shift money from one pocket to another 6 or 7 times?

And with that evidence -- not just pontificating and arm-waving, but evidence -- you really think ANY solution to ANY multi-trillion dollar problem is going to come through ANY government action?

It's an amazing thing about numbers. Start looking at them carefully, and you realize that the sampling process offered by your own eyes turns out to needs to be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Eyewitness evidence, contrary to the TV detective shows, is often the *WORST* evidence. And often the worst eyewitness evidence of all is our own. And this is especially the case when we use our personal experience and observation to draw conclusions about how economies and other "systems" made up of hundreds of millions of pieces or more.

I'm sorry, my friend, but if we don't have time to think seriously about the numbers, we every damn last thing the government does to you in the years ahead.

Paying attention to numbers will set us free.

Formo
11 years ago
lol Virtual beat down!!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
11 years ago

lol Virtual beat down!!

Originally Posted by: Formo 

What are you laughing at tard? What have you ever contributed to this conversation besides the Tea view?

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.