DakotaT
11 years ago

Like MN, the running game is important to SF. Not so much to GB other than to keep the other teams from sacking šŸ‡¦šŸ‡· every other down.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That checkdown to Dujaun Harris has been a thing of beauty. I'm not so worried about their Defense with a one armed Justin Smith, cause Aldon Smith is a one trick pony without him. Their defense as a whole is hard hitting, so our boys just have to man up. I really don't think we are as soft as we were in game 1, so anybody thinking San Francisco is going to man handle us again is in for a rude awakening.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
11 years ago
Just some general observations.

When it's 2nd round playoff time teams are usually pretty even. Look to the better QB to be the difference.

The 49'r pass rush is always sited yet the Packers have 9 more sacks and that was with CM3 out a month.

The lack of a balanced offense is often sited as a shortcoming for the Packers yet they are one of only four teams that average over 250 ypg passing and 100 ypg rushing. Two of the other three are NE and Denver. The tops seeds over in the AFC.

Finally, the Packers have now seen what the 49r's will do defensively over and over and you can see how McCarthy has adapted with Harris and the offense. The offense is now comfortable with what they have to do to be more effective when the defense has taken away the big play opportunites.

That and the fact we had four or five players in their first pro game in there defensively at any one time that first go around and what was Bush doing in there anyhow?. They are much more ready for this now.

"The train is leaving the station."
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
2010 Packers faced their week 1 opponent in the playoffs, the Eagles.

2010 Eagles, Falcons, Bears. Packers played each during the season.
2012 Vikings, 49ers and possibly Seahawks.

Irrelevant observation, yes.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

care to explain the significance of said irrelevant observation? I don't get it šŸ¤”
Packers_Finland
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm not a superstitious man but I do like this train of thought.
This is a placeholder
earthquake
11 years ago

care to explain the significance of said irrelevant observation? I don't get it šŸ¤”

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

In 2010 the Packers faced each of their (NFC) playoff opponents earlier in the regular season.

If the Packers and Seahawks win this weekend, they will do the same once again.
blank
gbguy20
11 years ago
In that case, we would have lost to all 3 of our playoff opponents earlier in the regular season, not sure if like.
warhawk
11 years ago
I was thinking of this myself about how nice it would be to take down the 49'rs and could hardly wait if it works out we get Seattle at our place.

That's justice and clearly shows whose best when it counts the most.

I so hope we put the 49r's away and the Seahawks beat Atlanta. I'm sure the Packers players want that more than you or me.
"The train is leaving the station."
gbguy20
11 years ago
Twitter lead me to this article on a 49ers blog:

Cosell: ā€œI donā€™t think Aaron Rodgers is playing particularly great football.ā€
Posted on January 8, 2013 by Grant Cohn

Greg Cosell spoke on KNBR Monday afternoon. Hereā€™s what he said about Aaron Rodgers.

Q: How good is Aaron Rodgers, and can the 49ers contain him?

COSELL: Iā€™m not saying this to be bold or controversial, but I donā€™t think Aaron Rodgers is playing particularly great football. I think heā€™s so physically gifted ā€“ he can throw it on the run better than anyone in this league ā€“ but heā€™s leaving an awful lot of plays on the field.

I think heā€™s indecisive and tentative in the pocket. Heā€™s not pulling the trigger on throws that are there. I think this has been an ongoing thing all throughout the season.

Some people would say Iā€™m nitpicking because of his numbers, but heā€™s so physically gifted that there are times that he still makes plays. The biggest concern with Aaron Rodgers and their pass offense right now is not the rhythmic flow of it, itā€™s the extension of plays. Thatā€™s where heā€™s at his best right now.

I would bet that the Packers will have to do some chipping with Jermichael Finley, with back, because their right tackle, Don Barclay, and quite frankly their left tackle, Marshall Newhouse, I donā€™t think theyā€™re going to be able to block Ahmad Brooks or Aldon Smith.

Q: Why do you think Rodgers is leaving a lot of plays on the field?

COSELL: Sometimes heā€™ll leave plays on the field, move and make another play. Sometimes heā€™ll leave plays on the field, move and get sacked. His first two sacks this week were on him. He didnā€™t pull the trigger to open receivers and then he couldnā€™t get away. The defense then beat him. Thereā€™s been stretches of this season where heā€™s been like this. But heā€™s so physically gifted where heā€™ll make throws and youā€™ll go, ā€œWow, not many people make that throw.ā€

Q: It seems like their offense is not fazed when their in third and eight, third and 12.

COSELL: And thatā€™s what you have to be concerned about. The burden Rodgers puts on your defense is this: No defense is built to cover, whether itā€™s zone or man, for four, five or six seconds. No defense it built to do that. And Rodgers, with his ability to extend plays ā€“ not only extend them, but then make throws at the intermediate and deeper levels, which is something not a lot of quarterbacks can do ā€“ thatā€™s the burden he puts on your defense.

- greg cosell

Sure seems to be exactly what we have been discussing all season, here. Week 1 vs the niners was a perfect example of exactly what he is talking about. Watching film of that game rodgers took sacks instead of throwing it into the holes left by blitzing linebackers, missed out on at least 1 easy touchdown because of it. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the game this time.

edit: I hate the fact that this post is negative and I wasn't able to save it. Someone help me.

edit2: I'll turn it positive by stealing someone else's tweet:

Melinda B ā€@ilovemypackers

Oh shit.. all these quakes in Northern and Central CA right now.. think the Niners are watching Packers film? #Scared #QuiveringInTheirShoes

earthquake
11 years ago

I was thinking of this myself about how nice it would be to take down the 49'rs and could hardly wait if it works out we get Seattle at our place.

That's justice and clearly shows whose best when it counts the most.

I so hope we put the 49r's away and the Seahawks beat Atlanta. I'm sure the Packers players want that more than you or me.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

Yeah this is how I feel too, though I wouldn't be too worried about GB having to travel to the dome in Hotlanta where they absolutely own the Falcons.
blank