Dulak
11 years ago

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with running quarterbacks either. Not one of them has ever one a Super Bowl or even sniffed one.

The sacks Rodgers takes is out of necessity for the amount of throwing he does. That sack is certainly better than all the picks that Favre threw. I'd rather lose 7 yards than a turnover. We couldn't have asked for a better quarterback than Rodgers, and there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't give their left nut for him.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

ya - watched that seattle/wash game last nite and I saw was - 2 decent defenses vs 2 ok QBS but great runners ... sadly rg3 got injured - was a cool game if you guys didnt watch it. The 1st quarter is looked like a blowout was about to happen.

as far as the pack vs the niners - if justin smith is injured and davis and manningham are out injured (btw how is davis?) - I dont think they will do that well vs us. The niners havnt looked that good of late.

Im not convinced on duan harris (spelling) - but it appears that's all we got. btw if the pack and seattle win do we play at home? or do we have to go to that ugly seattle field?

IMO I think this game will be be quite the lopside 34-10 pack.

11 years ago
Hello all!

It's been a while, my apologies.

The first quarter and a half will shape the game I feel. Yes, both teams are capable of making on the fly adjustments but I feel, by about 20 minutes of on-field play, we will have a good feel of how successful we are to be in beating/stopping them.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

ya - watched that seattle/wash game last nite and I saw was - 2 decent defenses vs 2 ok QBS but great runners ... sadly rg3 got injured - was a cool game if you guys didnt watch it. The 1st quarter is looked like a blowout was about to happen.

as far as the pack vs the niners - if justin smith is injured and davis and manningham are out injured (btw how is davis?) - I dont think they will do that well vs us. The niners havnt looked that good of late.

Im not convinced on duan harris (spelling) - but it appears that's all we got. btw if the pack and seattle win do we play at home? or do we have to go to that ugly seattle field?

IMO I think this game will be be quite the lopside 34-10 pack.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

If it is Seattle and GB, it will be a home game.

welcome back VLS.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Hello all!

It's been a while, my apologies.

The first quarter and a half will shape the game I feel. Yes, both teams are capable of making on the fly adjustments but I feel, by about 20 minutes of on-field play, we will have a good feel of how successful we are to be in beating/stopping them.

Originally Posted by: VinceLambeauStarr 

You know what, you fucking pissant :D

If I find a great design by somebody (I think Shawn will deliver it in some style) I WILL get the Packers Home Logo (minus the gay Est.)

That, I promise you.

Originally Posted by: VinceLambeauStarr 

UserPostedImage
11 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

LOL!

Did I get a good design, you little pissant bastard? [boxing]

Love you really.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
doddpower
11 years ago

Twitter lead me to this article on a 49ers blog:

- greg cosell

Sure seems to be exactly what we have been discussing all season, here. Week 1 vs the niners was a perfect example of exactly what he is talking about. Watching film of that game rodgers took sacks instead of throwing it into the holes left by blitzing linebackers, missed out on at least 1 easy touchdown because of it. Let's hope it doesn't cost us the game this time.

edit: I hate the fact that this post is negative and I wasn't able to save it. Someone help me.

edit2: I'll turn it positive by stealing someone else's tweet:

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Eh, of course Rodgers can play better. During his post game interview after the Vikings game, the main thing he discussed was how the offense needs to play better, but thankfully the defense was playing at a championship level. Rodgers has never been one to deny he and the rest of the offense could be playing better. Thankfully, even when they're not hitting on all cylinders, they are still very dangerous and are often still favorites to win most games.

A large reason for some of Rodgers 'struggles' have to go back to the offensive line (after Rodgers, of course). After so much instant/quick pressure and dozens of sacks, it's tough to feel confident in the pocket and see the entire field, even if the protection is good on any given play. I know they have played well at times, but how comfortable could Rodgers really be with Newhouse and Barclay protecting the edges? I think most QBs would be shaky in the pocket and likely too quick to escape behind those tackles, imo. Hopefully they play well on Saturday, and even more important, the game plan helps them throughout.

Yerko
11 years ago
This game is just the type of game you want for Rodgers and Co. We all know Rodgers thrives off these kinds of games and that is when he does the best work. When Rodgers is unstoppable, the entire offense is unstoppable. 49ers made the Packers look foolish and I'll be damned if Rodgers let's that happen again.

His quote before the Vikings game during the "The Aaron Rodgers Show" with Wilde is one of the best (also said again to Bob Costas), "I really believe that you earn your paycheck during the season," Rodgers told Costas. "[You] play at a high level and get your team to the playoffs. And then the postseason is all about creating your legacy. The great quarterbacks are remembered for their playoff successes and triumphs and Super Bowl championships and Super Bowl MVPs. We've got one here, and we want to add to that." (Link for Quote )

A lot has changed for both of these teams over the past 18 weeks. Both teams have gone through their injury bugs and for the most part, everyone is back for both teams. While it is a rematch of week 1, it will clearly not be the same game.

Defense:
Packers defense is playing well right now and all of the defensive rookies have played a big chunk of the season. The 49ers offense is meeting a defense that has gelled really well together, as opposed to week 1. Clear weakness is against the run, but the Packers have shown they can put a "stop" to AP.

Offense:
With the new running game, this should open up a lot more for the Packers. The Packers should really work the short game to keep the 49ers defense honest and when they aren't paying attention, hit them deep. I think the Packers offense betters the 49ers defense this time around but it still will not be easy.

Packers-28
49ers- 24
UserPostedImage
warhawk
11 years ago
I am going to call handing the #2 seed back to San Francisco a wash in this case as crazy as that may sound.
Had GB won that last regular season game against the Vikes several different scenarios would have occured.
First, the Bears would have went to the 49r's instead of the Packers playing the Vikes and here's how I see that scenario being better for the 49'rs. The Bears went to San Francisco earlier and got their butts drilled.
This scenario would have given Kaepinick (assuming they repeated the butt whipping) playoff experience and confidence going into the game against us. Now, San Fran has a QB going into a huge game against a better team then the Bears with 0 playoff snaps under his belt.
While it would have been great to sit home last week and watch for the Packers I think the 49'rs would have been better served getting their QB some playoff experience before going against us. Just my thoughts but in terms of the QB being ready for a big time playoff setting we are waaaay out in front there.

"The train is leaving the station."
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
Wide receivers all return to practice on Thurs.

That's great news that we may be at full force for a second week! 😇

http://blog.packers.com/2013/01/10/wide-receivers-all-return-to-practice-on-thurs/ 

All three Packers WRs who missed practice on Wednesday were back on the field Thursday during the portion of the workout open to the media.

Jordy Nelson (ankle), Randall Cobb (illness) and Jarrett Boykin (ankle) all returned to practice for the final day of preparations for Saturday night’s NFC Divisional Playoff game in San Francisco.

Also, rookie S Jerron McMillian (personal issue) was back on the practice field Thursday as well.

Mike McCarthy will address the media one final time this week following practice.

Post-practice update: Boykin actually is listed as “did not participate,” even though he was dressed and had his helmet with him at practice. McCarthy said he would not be ready this week.

Cobb and Nelson were both listed as limited, and it’s expected both will be available to play. McCarthy said Cobb is still under the weather a bit but he should be fine. Nelson ran several deep routes and “looked pretty good,” McCarthy said.

“We’ll be good to go come Saturday,” Nelson said. “Guys are ready to go.”

SINCITYCHEEZE
11 years ago

Wide receivers all return to practice on Thurs.

That's great news that we may be at full force for a second week! 😇

http://blog.packers.com/2013/01/10/wide-receivers-all-return-to-practice-on-thurs/ 

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Boykin got hurt in the playoff game correct? If so does that leave an open slot for driver?

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage