wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

That one made me grin, it's just a stereotypical thing. Men enter stores because they want to buy something, women enter stores, because they pass them and identify them as stores, just to have a look of course [grin1]

Thus, for a man it doesn't make any difference if the store is in the basement or not, a man will walk in, buy something because he's there to buy that specific item, and leave. So moving to the basement will cost the Packers Pro Shop just the girls' money the most.

I usually don't buy my gear at the Pro Shop anyway. The Jersey Store next to Stadium View and the BigK Mart next to Lambeau have nice things as well, just for a much cheaper price.

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert 

WE have to stop by the Jersey Store before heading to the stadium.
UserPostedImage
PWT36
11 years ago

I understand the need for more space but why would they want to put the Pro Shop in the basement if it is such a huge money maker? Having more space is one thing but location is the key. Right now is is located between two gates. On gameday people come in and walk right past the store. It they have to go look for an elevator and wait or worse yet have to walk down a flight of stairs I can see them deciding not to go to the store.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

wpr

You have misconception of the use of basement under the Atrium for new location of Packer Pro Shop.

"The Packers will remove ground between Robert E Harlan Plaza and Lombardi Ave uncovering what is now the basement of Atrium, and move the Pro Shop to the new ground level. The Packers Hall of Fame will move to second floor of the Atrium, where Curly's Pub is now located.

Curly's will move to the main floor of Atrium, where the pro Shop is located.

The Pro Shop, a major income source for the Packers, will be visible from Lombardi Ave along the length of, but under, Harlan Plaza and the Miller Lite Gate.

* Source Green Bay Press_Gazette January 9, 2013- Article entitled "Packers to Dig Deep in Atrium Upgrade" by PG reporter Richard Ryman.

wpr

Since the outdoor entrance to new pro Shop location is at ground level , there will be no need for Stairway nor Elevator.
yooperfan
11 years ago
Thanks for that explanation PWT.
Sounds like a great move.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
thanks for the clarification. makes sense.
UserPostedImage
11 years ago
Sometimes you guess incorrectly on building designs.

i think that after this many years the Packers understand how to better serve their fans and know what the pedestrian traffic patterns.

Remember everything you buy at the Pro shop is local money and all the "profits" are kept by the Packers. If you purchase Packers' gear anywhere else, the Packers get only 1/32 of the NFL portion of the sale because all teams share merchandising equally. So if you buy something from a store or NFL.com, even though it is Packers' gear, the Packers and vikling slimeballs make just as much money off you.
blank
PWT36
11 years ago

Sometimes you guess incorrectly on building designs.

I think that after this many years the Packers understand how to better serve their fans and know what the pedestrian traffic patterns.

Remember everything you buy at the Pro shop is local money and all the "profits" are kept by the Packers. If you purchase Packers' gear anywhere else, the Packers get only 1/32 of the NFL portion of the sale because all teams share merchandising equally. So if you buy something from a store or NFL.com, even though it is Packers' gear, the Packers and vikling slimeballs make just as much money off you.

Originally Posted by: CaliforniaCheez 

"

I have had conversations with many Packer fans who are in Green Bay to attend Packer OTAs, mini camps and Training camp practices at Ray Nitschke Field. These Packer fans are from all over the USA and Canada. I try to attend many the Packer practices ,which are open to the public.

One thing most Packer Fans tell me is they are on a vacation here in Green Bay to see the Packer practice. Many fans are carrying Packer Pro Shop Shopping bags with Items bought at Packer Pro Shop.

Some fans say they have money set aside in their Vacation budget to be use for shopping at the Packer Pro Shop. They have told me that they know items at Packer Pro Shop are rather expensive, but are of high quality.

These Packer fans also say they feel it is worth spending the money at Packer pro Shop, because they are helping the Packers increase their local unshared revenue. Thus keep Packers competitive with larger NFL market teams revenue.

These Packer fans are amazing .. Every year the "railbirds' comeback to Green Bay to see the Packer training camp practices. Ray Nitschke Field is just packed to capacity for every session.

It is estimate upwards of over 100,000 fans come to Green Bay in Late July and August to see the Packer training camp practices.

Also the Packer Stock holders also come to Green Bay in late July for the annual Packer Stockolders meeting. This meeting is held just before Packer Training camp starts. Many stockholders stay to watch the Packers training camp practices after the Stockholders meeting ends.

Packer stockholders also shop at Packer Pro Shop. There is special line of Packer merchandise for Packer Shareholders to purchase.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.